Hello Darkness, My Old Friend: The Dallas Cowboys 2024 Season Thread

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Would Rex Ryan have been a better DC than Zimmer? He kills them every game for the defensive play especially, on Get UP. Basically said they shouldve hired me, last week :dead:
I know they interviewed him but couldnt tell if it was a legit interview or just negotiation games with Zimmer. :jbhmm:

No

They're old relics that depend on talent
Boyz don't have the talent because they paid Lamb, Dak, and Diggs

People gotta get outta these 60+ year old coaches

Get a young 30-40 year old progressive coach and staff

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW

OLine sucks and gives him no pocket to throw comfortably from. WRs can’t create separation. Only CeeDee and Ferguson are starting caliber skill players and one was an active terrorist yesterday.

We couldn’t even call or text Henry because we can’t afford him.

Obviously the team, personnel, and coaching being ass isn’t entirely or even majority on Dak. But do you Dak defenders not realize that setting the market at a record $60mil AAV precludes your team from being able to surround you with the OLine to protect you and skill players to complement you and defense to keep you in games?

KG took record money with the Wolves in the 2000s and his team couldn’t do shyt.

ARod took record money with the Rangers in the 2000s and his team couldn’t do shyt.

Wall and Beal took max contracts and hamstrung the team with injuries. Wizards never did shyt.

I’m sure this guy who falls flat every January and getting $60mil AAV will help us build a quality team around him…

fukk him. He can die behind that OL for all I care. He wanted this mess. He created this mess. I promise you a lot of us Cowboys fans wouldn’t have this level of smoke for Dak if he was being paid $40-45mil AAV like a Kirk Cousins, which is basically his comp. Even $50mil would be palatable and give us more wiggle room for personnel decisions?

$60mil AAV? Yeah, he can get Andrew Luck’d for all I care. He wanted his cash, he got his cash. Now he can suffer with the moribund players the team is relegated to putting around him.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
And it goes beyond just cash value and cap space. When you’re giving guys like Dak $60mil AAV and CeeDee $34mil AAV, you have to retain your picks for the cheap labor and roster spots.

Cowboys can’t afford to trade firsts for a Roquan Smith or Minkah Fitzpatrick or Deforest Buckner. Cowboys can’t go out and get a L’Jarius Sneed in a trade. Cause they literally can’t afford to trade away their draft picks.

They traded a first for Amari and had to salary dump him for a 5th one year into his extension :dead:

I’m not blaming Dak and CeeDee for Jerry and Stephen’s ineptitude. But I’m certainly blaming them for being C.R.E.A.M. and hamstringing the franchise. They will finish their careers as losers and they have themselves to blame.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

OLine sucks and gives him no pocket to throw comfortably from. WRs can’t create separation. Only CeeDee and Ferguson are starting caliber skill players and one was an active terrorist yesterday.

We couldn’t even call or text Henry because we can’t afford him.

Obviously the team, personnel, and coaching being ass isn’t entirely or even majority on Dak. But do you Dak defenders not realize that setting the market at a record $60mil AAV precludes your team from being able to surround you with the OLine to protect you and skill players to complement you and defense to keep you in games?

KG took record money with the Wolves in the 2000s and his team couldn’t do shyt.

ARod took record money with the Rangers in the 2000s and his team couldn’t do shyt.

Wall and Beal took max contracts and hamstrung the team with injuries. Wizards never did shyt.

I’m sure this guy who falls flat every January and getting $60mil AAV will help us build a quality team around him…

fukk him. He can die behind that OL for all I care. He wanted this mess. He created this mess. I promise you a lot of us Cowboys fans wouldn’t have this level of smoke for Dak if he was being paid $40-45mil AAV like a Kirk Cousins, which is basically his comp. Even $50mil would be palatable and give us more wiggle room for personnel decisions?

$60mil AAV? Yeah, he can get Andrew Luck’d for all I care. He wanted his cash, he got his cash. Now he can suffer with the moribund players the team is relegated to putting around him.

You're talking about dak's money when the front office is sitting on 21m in cap space RIGHT NOW.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
And it goes beyond just cash value and cap space. When you’re giving guys like Dak $60mil AAV and CeeDee $34mil AAV, you have to retain your picks for the cheap labor and roster spots.

Cowboys can’t afford to trade firsts for a Roquan Smith or Minkah Fitzpatrick or Deforest Buckner. Cowboys can’t go out and get a L’Jarius Sneed in a trade. Cause they literally can’t afford to trade away their draft picks.

They traded a first for Amari and had to salary dump him for a 5th one year into his extension :dead:

I’m not blaming Dak and CeeDee for Jerry and Stephen’s ineptitude. But I’m certainly blaming them for being C.R.E.A.M. and hamstringing the franchise. They will finish their careers as losers and they have themselves to blame.
Every professional athlete has this mindset. The goal is to maximize earnings and get as much as you can before you're retired on your terms or suffer a career ending injury. The franchise needs a culture change and it starts at the top.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
One thing I won't do is be mad at an NFL player getting all they can get. Especially with the nature of the NFL and how they throw players to the bushes. It might fukk up the opportunity to sign positions that they need, but you're always just a play away from it all being over in a blink of an eye. So get your $$$. We as fans gonna still be there no matter what.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Every professional athlete has this mindset. The goal is to maximize earnings and get as much as you can before you're retired on your terms or suffer a career ending injury. The franchise needs a culture change and it starts at the top.
Dirk and Duncan took less consistently throughout their careers

Brady took less throughout his career. Mahomes locked himself into 10 year, 45mil AAV deal to provide the team flexibility.

Heatles took less to squad up in Miami.

Messi turned down lucrative Saudi deal to be in Miami.

Many golfers spurned Saudi-backed LIV.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Dirk and Duncan took less consistently throughout their careers

Brady took less throughout his career. Mahomes locked himself into 10 year, 45mil AAV deal to provide the team flexibility.

Heatles took less to squad up in Miami.

Messi turned down lucrative Saudi deal to be in Miami.

Many golfers spurned Saudi-backed LIV.

Most of those examples are guys who were surrounded by talented teammates and had a championship culture. We haven't had that in over 30 years.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Jerry set the fans up perfectly for the blame game. I seen this coming from a mile a way.
You’re giving Jerry far too much credit.

This angle makes no sense. Nobody is letting Jerry off the hook. Jerry is not a victim lol. It’s a consensus among 100% of Cowboys fans that Jerry Jones is awful.

You can’t find one cowboys fan that wants Jerry to remain in control of this franchise.