Helldivers 2 officially hits 457k+ CCU on Steam (still top paid game)

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

GoT devs reiterating that it's optional in their game

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

GoT devs reiterating that it's optional in their game

Its not optional its mandatory for their multiplayer portion, like most multiplayer games

Outside of the obvious xbox stans brigading as usual, every controversy these days relating to gaming twitter has a tinge of culture wars to it thats weird as hell. There’s no way people feel this passionate about something that every other multiplayer game does, including sea of thieves that just released a few days ago.

I feel sorry for Arrowhead, they go out of their way to make a very consumer friendly multiplayer experience at a cheap price and these dumb fukks still find a way to dogpile at every opportunity since launch

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its not optional its mandatory for their multiplayer portion, like most multiplayer games

Outside of the obvious xbox stans brigading as usual, every controversy these days relating to gaming twitter has a tinge of culture wars to it thats weird as hell. There’s no way people feel this passionate about something that every other multiplayer game does, including sea of thieves that just released a few days ago.

I feel sorry for Arrowhead, they go out of their way to make a very consumer friendly multiplayer experience at a cheap price and these dumb fukks still find a way to dogpile at every opportunity since launch
Blame Sony.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
not mandatory for Helldivers 2 right now. the assumption with a lot of these games has been that a 3rd party account is needed for the game to function properly. with Helldivers, that's clearly not the case. they even have cross-play working without it

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I know you like to glaze Xbots to pass the time but are you new to PC gaming or something?

Almost every major MP game on PC today requires you to sign-up for the publisher's service.
I do understand that. I said the assumption with a lot of these games has been that a 3rd party account is needed for the game to function properly. I was told that would be a pretty dumb assumption

so apparently signing into a 3rd party account has nothing to do with enabling cross-play, matchmaking, unified leaderboards, cross-progression, friends lists, or anything to do with how the game functions. and people should just accept they have to sign up for something that adds nothing to the game

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps

I think this is deeper than xbots because they don't have a loud enough voice to cause something like this. I feel this blew up due to reddit and twitter and people making this a bigger deal than it is. There are many bad actors in play and the only people that should be somewhat angry are people that can't make PSN accounts in their region. However, you can easily make a free account in another region and I doubt Sony will ban you.

This whole saga is a joke and I hope Arrowhead doesn't walk back on it because this isn't a win that some might think it is

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think this is deeper than xbots because they don't have a loud enough voice to cause something like this. I feel this blew up due to reddit and twitter and people making this a bigger deal than it is. There are many bad actors in play and the only people that should be somewhat angry are people that can't make PSN accounts in their region. However, you can easily make a free account in another region and I doubt Sony will ban you.

This whole saga is a joke and I hope Arrowhead doesn't walk back on it because this isn't a win that some might think it is

Its not really xbox stans thats why im not replying to them, they are just piggybacking on the out rage baiters. These same people were throwing a fit a few days ago over the patch that dropped, and causing hell but it just didn’t catch on like this.

There’s some new weird group of rage baiters on twitter that get off and riling people up for clicks. Next week it will be something else

Some dude named Grummz is like cult leader status for alt-right gamers

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Its not really xbox stans thats why im not replying to them, they are just piggybacking on the out rage baiters. These same people were throwing a fit a few days ago over the patch that dropped, and causing hell but it just didn’t catch on like this.

There’s some new weird group of rage baiters on twitter that get off and riling people up for clicks. Next week it will be something else

Some dude named Grummz is like cult leader status for alt-right gamers
Lmao before the last paragraph I was going to mention that Grummz guy because he seems to be the person I always see in these controversies. I looked him up today and dude is an ex blizzard employee who was so trash they had to fire him. Plus, he's a scammer who took investment money from the studio he created and got forced out. It seems he's got a large following and he seems to be leading a new wave of alt-right gamers.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I do understand that. I said the assumption with a lot of these games has been that a 3rd party account is needed for the game to function properly. I was told that would be a pretty dumb assumption

so apparently signing into a 3rd party account has nothing to do with enabling cross-play, matchmaking, unified leaderboards, cross-progression, friends lists, or anything to do with how the game functions. and people should just accept they have to sign up for something that adds nothing to the game

Apex Legends had cross-play for over a year until EA mandated a EA login for all users.

This isn't a new practice and you know this is purely for backend tracking and statistics.

You're choosing to play ignorant because you want daps from Xbots.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Daze23 can't create a PSN account because he's in a submarine.
crazy thing is I have to wait until the 30th to get the prompt to link the accounts. I guess if you skipped it the first time it came up, there's no option to go back to it

Last edited: