Hell Naw. Another slave movie Staring Brad Pitt

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Anyone who read the book, would check for this movie, it's a lot deeper than just slavery, it's about what it does to the psychological makeup of a man. I would say, check the backstory before passing judgement so quickly. I would rather we do this than pretending like slavery never happened.

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Anyone who read the book, would check for this movie, it's a lot deeper than just slavery, it's about what it does to the psychological makeup of a man. I would say, check the backstory before passing judgement so quickly. I would rather we do this than pretending like slavery never happened.

this is the coli u expect anyone to do any deeper research before popping off? I doubt anyone here even knows that the director is black :pachaha:. He's just c00ning tho I'm sure :troll:

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
Umm I swear they've made this movie before? More n!gga nostalgia from Hollywood.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

In which segment of society have we ever pretended like slavery never happened? There's more movies about the down trodden impoverished Africans than there are to the contrary.

BlackElitism

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Washington, DC
If I"m not mistaken this is a Black English director who's doing this. But the real question is will they niqqer more then Django?

BFI+52+London+Film+Festival+Hunger+Red+Carpet+FxvmTVxU4Tcl.jpg

I don't know how black he is breh :patrice:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
In which segment of society have we ever pretended like slavery never happened? There's more movies about the down trodden impoverished Africans than there are to the contrary.

I'm talking more recently and also I was browsing through my son's history books and Black History is getting shorter and shorter.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
From what I've read, this is a realistic look at slavery and the main character's story (free man sold into slavery)...I don't see a problem in it. Seeing Sankofa as a kid was one of the most eye opening experiences to me, made me want to learn more about our history from chains to black excellence, movies like this can also serve to pique curiosity and inspire a spirit of learning. Everything slave ain't a c00n, yes massa flick

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
BFI+52+London+Film+Festival+Hunger+Red+Carpet+FxvmTVxU4Tcl.jpg

I don't know how black he is breh :patrice:

the shoes say he's black:jawalrus:

i refuse to put money on a slavery pic. i hate period pieces because they're either all white or the black characters are servants.

notice they won't do a Nat Turner biopic.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Blame the success of Django. Sadly many individuals enjoy films about black men in chains and shackles being beat and demoralized.

Its so demonic, friends. :sitdown:

Fixed that for you

Django Unchained was some dope shyt but nikkas aint gotta bite the god Tarinjesus with slave movies in 2013

The fukk are you talking about Blue looks exactly like jigga.

lol damn. The guy took the time to write all of that and you only took issue/responded to that little part lol @ the-coli