Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls and Detroit:Become Human coming to PC(Epic Games Store)

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
:mjlol: Sony stans lost another one.
Detroit: Become Multi-plat
Beyond Two Platforms

Heavy Pain

giphy.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You're jumping to conclusions based on a very specific case. Insomniac is a 2nd party developer and none of their PS4 titles have released anywhere else. Bloodborne is technically a 2nd party title, and it's still exclusive.

Thatgamecompany did this years ago too, so this isn't some recent development. I expected it to happen in such cases (amicable end of a partnership and the licensing of titles to get established in a new space).

You're right that PSNow lets you stream PS games on PC, but they're not putting their tent-pole releases on the service in the same generation it seems. I see them being added after PS5 releases, though. They'll probably keep the same strategy with PS5 exclusive titles too. :handshake:
I’m not jumping to any conclusions. It’s literally what’s happening.

Nier, Nioh, FF7R, Shenmue, Ni no Kuni, Until Dawn, and I’m sure I’m missing some

death standing will get a PC release too.

Spider-Man is a special case as Sony owns the IP. They even removed the old Spider-Man games from other platforms. Sony owns Ratchet and Clank too

Bloodborne is also owned and developed by Sony.

The entire industry is moving away from games being “exclusive” to one platform. With all the ways people play games it makes less and less sense to only put your game on one platform. Also with the existence of PS4 pro, I doubt there will be any PS5 exclusives for a long time.

Last edited:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I’m not jumping to any conclusions. It’s literally what’s happening.

Nier, Nioh, FF7R, Shenmue, Ni no Kuni, Until Dawn, and I’m sure I’m missing some

death standing will get a PC release too.

Spider-Man is a special case as Sony owns the IP. They even removed the old Spider-Man games from other platforms. Sony owns Ratchet and Clank too

Bloodborne is also owned and developed by Sony.

The entire industry is moving away from games being “exclusive” to one platform. With all the ways people play games it makes less and less sense to only put your game on one platform. Also with the existence of PS4 pro, I doubt there will be any PS5 exclusives for a long time.
You are. None of the games you've mentioned were 2nd party. Some were just timed exclusives (Nier, Nioh). Shenmue III and No no Kuni 2 were announced for PC on the day they were revealed. The PC version of NNK2 released on the same day as the PS4 version. Shenmue III will do the same. Until Dawn hasn't been ported to anything, but it is on PSNow, though. :handshake:

I would have believed that about Death Stranding had they not decided to use Guerrilla Games' custom PS4 engine for its development. I don't know now. And before you link the article suggesting this, that never specifically mentioned Death Stranding. Who knows about Kojima's titles beyond that.

Sony doesn't own the Spider-Man IP they just hold the movie license. Disney/Marvel owns the games license (they just make agreements with different companies). They did this with Activision in the past. What do you mean by the old games were removed?

Bloodborne was co-developed by From and Sony Japan. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture was co-developed by SSM and The Chinese Room and is on PC whereas Bloodborne isn't. You're correct that Sony owns the R&C and Bloodborne IP; however, they also own the Detroit and Beyond IP. Being co-developed or ownership of the IP doesn't seem to be the barrier here. Look at the 2 special cases - Thatgamecompany and QD for why this has happened and doesn't necessarily represent a trend where we'll see all of their titles on other platforms.

No, they're not really. Microsoft moved away from the "Only On" model because their aspirations go beyond the box (they want their services on EVERYTHING) and their games serve as a trojan horse for that. The Switch Cuphead announcement with Xbox Live support supports this. Microsoft's PlayFab Party initiative is also something that supports this.

Sony and Nintendo are still focused on the box, and their 1st party titles are what make their platforms attractive. It's what saved the PS3 and helped drive the PS4. That's not to say Msft doesn't see the value, but services seems to be their focus and future. And that's not to say that Sony doesn't see the value in services (psnow on phones, pc, etc), just that it isn't the core focus atm (that we know of). I don't understand how the existence of PS4pro precludes PS5 exclusives. The Pro was never the primary version of hardware, it was, and will continue to be the base PS4 until it's the PS5.

I don't personally care where a game is released, man. It's just that some of the stuff you're saying isn't in tune with the current reality.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You are. None of the games you've mentioned were 2nd party. Some were just timed exclusives (Nier, Nioh). Shenmue III and No no Kuni 2 were announced for PC on the day they were revealed. The PC version of NNK2 released on the same day as the PS4 version. Shenmue III will do the same. Until Dawn is on PSNow, though.
They are the type of games that would have remained exclusive in the past.

Square made many PlayStation exclusives. Not anymore.

Same with ninja and nioh.

NNK was a PS3 exclusive. No longer for the sequel.

It’s been trending this way for years. And it will only continue to go that way.

Only games that will remain exclusive are the ones in which Sony owns the IP

I would have believed that about Death Stranding had they not decided to use Guerrilla Games' custom PS4 engine for its development. I don't know now. And before you link the article suggesting this, that never specifically mentioned Death Stranding. Who knows about Kojima's titles beyond that.
Quote me. The game will release on PC

Sony doesn't own the Spider-Man IP they just hold the movie license. Disney/Marvel owns the games license (they just make agreements with different companies). They did this with Activision in the past. What do you mean by the old games were removed?
Sony owns the movie rights. Disney wants games to go with the movies. They contracted sony to make them.

This is unique situation.

And all the other Spider-Man games were removed from other digital stores. Check it out.

Bloodborne was co-developed by From and Sony Japan.
Sony owns the IP. This is a first party games

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture was co-developed by SSM and The Chinese Room and is on PC whereas Bloodborne isn't.
Sony does not own this IP

You're correct that Sony owns the R&C and Bloodborne IP; however, they also own the Detroit and Beyond IP. Being co-developed or ownership of the IP doesn't seem to be the barrier here. Look at the 2 special cases - Thatgamecompany and QD for why this has happened and doesn't necessarily represent a trend where we'll see all of their titles on other platforms.
Sony does not own QD ips

No, they're not really. Microsoft moved away from the "Only On" model because their aspirations go beyond the box (they want their services on EVERYTHING) and their games serve as a trojan horse for that. The Switch Cuphead announcement with Xbox Live support supports this. Microsoft's PlayFab Party initiative is also something that supports this.

What do you think sony is doing with PSNow?

Hell the catch phrase at the PS4 reveal was “Everything Everywhere”

Sony and Nintendo are still focused on the box, and their 1st party titles are what make their platforms attractive. It's what saved the PS3 and helped drive the PS4. That's not to say Msft doesn't see the value, but services seems to be their focus and future. And that's not to say that Sony doesn't see the value in services (psnow on phones, pc, etc), just that it isn't the core focus atm (that we know of). I don't understand how the existence of PS4pro precludes PS5 exclusives. The Pro was never the primary version of hardware, it was, and will continue to be the base PS4 until it's the PS5.
PS5 games will also be on PS4 pro for the foreseeable future.

Nintendo is about the box because they make money on hardware. Sony does not make money on hardware they make money off software and services which is why things like PSNow exist.

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
They are the type of games that would have remained exclusive in the past.

Square made many PlayStation exclusives. Not anymore.

Same with ninja and nioh.

NNK was a PS3 exclusive. No longer for the sequel.

It’s been trending this way for years. And it will only continue to go that way.

Only games that will remain exclusive are the ones in which Sony owns the IP

Quote me. The game will release on PC

Sony owns the movie rights. Disney wants games to go with the movies. They contracted sony to make them.

This is unique situation.

And all the other Spider-Man games were removed from other digital stores. Check it out.

Sony owns the IP. This is a first party games

Sony does not own this IP

Sony does not own QD ips

What do you think sony is doing with PSNow?

Hell the catch phrase at the PS4 reveal was “Everything Everywhere”

PS5 games will also be on PS4 pro for the foreseeable future.

Nintendo is about the box because they make money on hardware. Sony does not make money on hardware they make money off software and services which is why things like PSNow exist.
You're moving the goalposts and it is shameful. The argument was about 1st and 2nd party exclusives, and now you're trying to argue something completely different. I assume it's because you know your original argument holds no weight. Sony lost those 3rd party exclusives during the PS3 days, which is why they buffed up their 1st party development.

An Insomniac spokesperson shot down that assertion. Sony's movie rights have no bearing on the game rights.

They were delisted because Activision's license expired, not because of anything regarding the 2018 game or Sony. The same thing happened to various Marvel games. And it's across all platforms.

Bloodborne is their IP which was co-developed by From and Sony Japan - it's not 1st party in the same way as something like HZD. And they do own the Everybody's gone to rapture IP. They own the Beyond and Detroit IP as well. QD owns Heavy Rain. All it takes is a few seconds to confirm this for yourself.

© 2015 Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC. Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC. Developed by The Chinese Room.

Heavy Rain™ ©2009-2019 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Developed by Quantic Dream. “Heavy Rain” is a trademark of Quantic Dream. All rights reserved.

Beyond: Two Souls™ ©2013-2019 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. Developed by Quantic Dream. “Beyond: Two Souls” and “Beyond” are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. All rights reserved.

Detroit: Become Human™ ©2018-2019 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. Developed by Quantic Dream. “Detroit Become Human” is a trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. All rights reserved.

No they will not. You're just talking nonsense at this point. There's no indication anywhere that Sony is looking to embrace forward compatibility. They make money on both hardware and software. Have you been paying attention at all? Their whole strategy with "399" was in the interest of hardware profitability. That they make more from PSN and games doesn't negate that. Their whole reasoning behind not getting onboard with cross-platform is to protect their walled garden, and without that hardware, they wouldn't be able to achieve this. PSNow is a supplement.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You're moving the goalposts and it is shameful. The argument was about 1st and 2nd party exclusives, and now you're trying to argue something completely different. I assume it's because you know your original argument holds no weight. Sony lost those 3rd party exclusives during the PS3 days, which is why they buffed up their 1st party development.

An Insomniac spokesperson shot down that assertion. Sony's movie rights have no bearing on the game rights.

They were delisted because Activision's license expired, not because of anything regarding the 2018 game or Sony. The same thing happened to various Marvel games. And it's across all platforms.

Bloodborne is their IP which was co-developed by From and Sony Japan - it's not 1st party in the same way as something like HZD. And they do own the Everybody's gone to rapture IP. They own the Beyond and Detroit IP as well. QD owns Heavy Rain. All it takes is a few seconds to confirm this for yourself.

© 2015 Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC. Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC. Developed by The Chinese Room.

Heavy Rain™ ©2009-2019 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Developed by Quantic Dream. “Heavy Rain” is a trademark of Quantic Dream. All rights reserved.

Beyond: Two Souls™ ©2013-2019 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. Developed by Quantic Dream. “Beyond: Two Souls” and “Beyond” are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. All rights reserved.

Detroit: Become Human™ ©2018-2019 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. Developed by Quantic Dream. “Detroit Become Human” is a trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. All rights reserved.

No they will not. You're just talking nonsense at this point. There's no indication anywhere that Sony is looking to embrace forward compatibility. They make money on both hardware and software. Have you been paying attention at all? Their whole strategy with "399" was in the interest of hardware profitability. That they make more from PSN and games doesn't negate that. Their whole reasoning behind not getting onboard with cross-platform is to protect their walled garden, and without that hardware, they wouldn't be able to achieve this. PSNow is a supplement.
I have not moved any Goalposts.

My original post said the only games that will be exclusive to PS5 are those owned/developed by Sony themselves. A “3rd/2nd party exclusive” has become a thing of the past it is no longer lucrative to tie your game down to one platform.

Marvel/Disney signed a contract with Sony for Spider-Man. It is a first party game and a unique situation. It is not the same as a 3rd party dev making a game and signing an exclusive deal with Sony.

If they are owned by Sony, that only bolsters my point. Even some games owned by Sony are making it to PC whereas in the past a Sony owned game would almost NEVER make it to PC.

Quote this post too. PS5 games will release on PS4 for the foreseeable future.

PSNow is no supplement when you don’t need a PlayStation to use it

Last edited:

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I have not moved any Goalposts.

My original post said the only games that will be exclusive to PS5 are those owned/developed by Sony themselves. A “3rd/2nd party exclusive” has become a thing of the past it is no longer lucrative to tie your game down to one platform.

Marvel/Disney signed a contract with Sony for Spider-Man. It is a first party game and a unique situation. It is not the same as a 3rd party dev making a game and signing an exclusive deal with Sony.

If they are owned by Sony, that only bolsters my point. Even some games owned by Sony are making it to PC whereas in the past a Sony owned game would almost NEVER make it to PC.

Quote this post too. PS5 games will release on PS4 for the foreseeable future.

PSNow is no supplement when you don’t need a PlayStation to use it
All this motivated reasoning. I am tapping out. I'm too lazy to keep going back-and-forth like this, and it's obvious you're on some "fan" crusade. :handshake:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
All this motivated reasoning. I am tapping out. I'm too lazy to keep going back-and-forth like this, and it's obvious you're on some "fan" crusade. :handshake:
I’m not the one using “motivated reasoning” on a “fan crusade”

That’s you :ufdup:

What I’m saying is literal truth. PS3 has less 3rd/2nd party exclusives than PS2, and PS4 has less than PS3. The trend is going this way. You just posted some Sony Trademarked games that are coming to PC.

Is that not something that speaks to my point? When has Sony ever ported games from PlayStation to PC?

Then you said I “moved goalposts” by mentioning games that were announced as “timed exclusives” and/or also coming to PC. But all those are from devs that would have made them exclusive to PlayStation in the past. Some of them were even sequels to games that were exclusive to ps2/3. Isn’t that also an indication of the direction the industry is going?

Then there’s PSnow. One of Sony’ largest gaming investments in recent years with the sole purpose of putting PlayStation games on other platforms, and still you say I’m the one using “fan motivated reasoning”????:mjlol:

fukk wrong with you breh?:what:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Can't wait to see the mods people cook up for Heavy Rain "JASON!" "SEAN!" :lolbron:

These games were underrated in terms of graphics, Beyond in particular looked crazy. Those PC improvements could be :wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
@MeachTheMonster - Anybody can look at the start of this conversation thread to see that you moved the goalposts all the way outta the arena.
How?

What’s happening is unless the game is internally developed by Sony, it will be on other platforms, whereas in the past 2nd party games would stay “exclusive”

And even internally developed Sony games are making their way to PC through things like PSNow.

Very few games will be PS5 exclusives
Was my first post to you about the subject

How have I moved any goalposts from here? I’ve simply given evidence to back up this post.

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The conversation was about 1st and 2nd party titles. I attempted to back up what I was saying using past examples to show them as an exception in a very specific case. Your next post was about 3rd party titles.

See:
Nier, Nioh, FF7R, Shenmue, Ni no Kun

:manny: