Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls and Detroit:Become Human coming to PC(Epic Games Store)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like 2 or 3 :mjlol:
full

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Epic store is for the people.

Steam stans :mjlol:
how is it for the people? they have no features

have you been keeping up with this fukkery?

you don't need to confirm your email to set-up an account. meaning anyone can set-up an account with your email. seems unlikely, but with the success of Fartnite, muthafukkas got bots creating accounts. people have tried to sign up, only to find out there's already an account associated with their email. shyt is retarded

it was recently found that the Epic Store .exe looks into one of the local Steam files to see your friends list, and other info. Steam has a api to share this info, but Epic isn't using that, and is instead looking through a local file with your personal info. Valve themselves has said that this file isn't meant to be accessed by 3rd party programs (again, Steam has an api to share this info, if the user chooses to make it 'public', but Epic is circumventing this). it also mean they'll see this info for anyone that has used Steam on your computer

all this info sharing is paired with the fact that Epic is 40% owned by the Chinese company Tencent, who is said to sell info to the Chinese government. but I think that's just weird paranoia

all the last minute exclusive crap is wack. Metro Exodus went exclusive to the Epic Store 2 weeks before launch. I'm a huge fan of the Metro games so I bought it from Epic (reluctantly). so far my experience has been pretty bare bones:

-I had to visit the Steam forums twice (more than that, but only two times for an actual issue), since Epic has no forums

-I'm playing through the game on the highest difficulty, but will receive no achievements, because the Epic Store has no achievements

-yes the game was $10 cheaper, but I probably could have saved more than that getting a Steam key from Greenmangaming. and I would gladly play that $10 for all the missing Steam features

-the game has a cool photo-mode, but I need to use 3rd party software (afterburner) to take the screenshot, since the Epic Store doesn't do screenshots. and needless to say these screenshots don't get saved with my Steam screenshots from the other 4 Metro games

-I have no idea what my playtime is, despite the fact Tim Sweeney says they track that shyt for refund purposes. can't give people a basic feature, but they make sure they know if you've played long enough to be refused a refund

and a bunch of other missing features that aren't really relevant to my experience with Metro, like:

-no cloud save, no controller support (Valve's controller configuration tool works with the Steam Controller, Xbox (or any xinput), Switch Pro, PS4, and generic direct-input controllers), no fps counter, no overlay with browser (good for games that can't handle an alt-tab), no Workshop/mod-support, and probably a bunch of shyt I'm forgetting...

you got shyt twisted, cause Steam is "for the people". they've put in a lot of work to create features people want. that reminds me that I forgot about built-in streaming, and the music player

if anything the Epic Store is "for the publishers", since they offer them money upfront, guaranteed revenue ("if you don't sell x copies, we'll reimburse you"), and a 12/88 split. it should be pointed out that none of this necessarily trickles down to the actual devs, unless they self-publish

TLDR: fukk Epic :pacspit:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
how is it for the people? they have no features

have you been keeping up with this fukkery?

you don't need to confirm your email to set-up an account. meaning anyone can set-up an account with your email. seems unlikely, but with the success of Fartnite, muthafukkas got bots creating accounts. people have tried to sign up, only to find out there's already an account associated with their email. shyt is retarded

it was recently found that the Epic Store .exe looks into one of the local Steam files to see your friends list, and other info. Steam has a api to share this info, but Epic isn't using that, and is instead looking through a local file with your personal info. Valve themselves has said that this file isn't meant to be accessed by 3rd party programs (again, Steam has an api to share this info, if the user chooses to make it 'public', but Epic is circumventing this). it also mean they'll see this info for anyone that has used Steam on your computer

all this info sharing is paired with the fact that Epic is 40% owned by the Chinese company Tencent, who is said to sell info to the Chinese government. but I think that's just weird paranoia

all the last minute exclusive crap is wack. Metro Exodus went exclusive to the Epic Store 2 weeks before launch. I'm a huge fan of the Metro games so I bought it from Epic (reluctantly). so far my experience has been pretty bare bones:

-I had to visit the Steam forums twice (more than that, but only two times for an actual issue), since Epic has no forums

-I'm playing through the game on the highest difficulty, but will receive no achievements, because the Epic Store has no achievements

-yes the game was $10 cheaper, but I probably could have saved more than that getting a Steam key from Greenmangaming. and I would gladly play that $10 for all the missing Steam features

-the game has a cool photo-mode, but I need to use 3rd party software (afterburner) to take the screenshot, since the Epic Store doesn't do screenshots. and needless to say these screenshots don't get saved with my Steam screenshots from the other 4 Metro games

-I have no idea what my playtime is, despite the fact Tim Sweeney says they track that shyt for refund purposes. can't give people a basic feature, but they make sure they know if you've played long enough to be refused a refund

and a bunch of other missing features that aren't really relevant to my experience with Metro, like:

-no cloud save, no controller support (Valve's controller configuration tool works with the Steam Controller, Xbox (or any xinput), Switch Pro, PS4, and generic direct-input controllers), no fps counter, no overlay with browser (good for games that can't handle an alt-tab), no Workshop/mod-support, and probably a bunch of shyt I'm forgetting...

you got shyt twisted, cause Steam is "for the people". they've put in a lot of work to create features people want. that reminds me that I forgot about built-in streaming, and the music player

if anything the Epic Store is "for the publishers", since they offer them money upfront, guaranteed revenue ("if you don't sell x copies, we'll reimburse you"), and a 12/88 split. it should be pointed out that none of this necessarily trickles down to the actual devs, unless they self-publish

TLDR: fukk Epic :pacspit:
Long ass post, it’s hard to respond to everything.

But I will say Steam is not perfect, and I could make a list just as long about what they are doing wrong.

Epic store offers unique opportunities to devs/publishers.

Steam is comfortable, competition is a good thing.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Long ass post, it’s hard to respond to everything.

But I will say Steam is not perfect, and I could make a list just as long about what they are doing wrong.

Epic store offers unique opportunities to devs/publishers.

Steam is comfortable, competition is a good thing.

So you got Steam, Epic Games Store, Windows Store, EA Origin... :mindblown:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Which increasingly will be available on other platforms.

PS5 “exclusive” will probably not be a thing for a loooong time. If ever:ufdup:
That's not what is happening here, man. Sony and QD had an amicable breaking, and they're licensing their IP for release on PC. Sony owns both Beyond and Detroit. This happened with some older indie titles too (Journey, Flower, etc). You're not going to start seeing things like Gran Turismo, God of War, Horizon et al. release on PC... this trend doesn't suggest that.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Epic is forcing my hand. I want these games on PC (even though I have them on consoles as well). If Epic keeps doing shyt like this, I guess I'm gonna submit :francis:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That's not what is happening here, man. Sony and QD had an amicable breaking, and they're licensing their IP for release on PC. Sony owns both Beyond and Detroit. This happened with some older indie titles too (Journey, Flower, etc). You're not going to start seeing things like Gran Turismo, God of War, Horizon et al. release on PC... this trend doesn't suggest that.
What’s happening is unless the game is internally developed by Sony, it will be on other platforms, whereas in the past 2nd party games would stay “exclusive”

And even internally developed Sony games are making their way to PC through things like PSNow.

Very few games will be PS5 exclusives

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
What’s happening is unless the game is internally developed by Sony, it will be on other platforms, whereas in the past 2nd party games would stay “exclusive”

And even internally developed Sony games are making their way to PC through things like PSNow.

Very few games will be PS5 exclusives
You're jumping to conclusions based on a very specific case. Insomniac is a 2nd party developer and none of their PS4 titles have released anywhere else. Bloodborne is technically a 2nd party title, and it's still exclusive.

Thatgamecompany did this years ago too, so this isn't some recent development. I expected it to happen in such cases (amicable end of a partnership and the licensing of titles to get established in a new space).

You're right that PSNow lets you stream PS games on PC, but they're not putting their tent-pole releases on the service in the same generation it seems. I see them being added after PS5 releases, though. They'll probably keep the same strategy with PS5 exclusive titles too. :handshake: