Healthcare vs IT which career path is more reliable today?

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
I forgot to add this whole Big data thing is blowing up. we actually created a new dept just for this. studying customer behaviors ect.

semtex

:)
Daps
Combine them both! Work in IT at a Hospital!
h14B3647D

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I work in IT, but honestly I'd say that healthcare is probably safer.

With IT it can be really hard to get your foot in the door (regardless of certs/degrees), but it seems like with healthcare all you need is the right degree and a halfway decent GPA to cake.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
for someone to have job security

for someone to have a shot at getting a job once they are done with school, earn a cert, etc.

which would you recommend if you had to advertise one to an undecided?

your thoughts?

its called doing IT in healthcare.

you do realize big companies to small healthcare companies need IT guys right?

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
I work in IT, but honestly I'd say that healthcare is probably safer.

With IT it can be really hard to get your foot in the door (regardless of certs/degrees), but it seems like with healthcare all you need is the right degree and a halfway decent GPA to cake.

Healthcare and halfway decent GPA are like oil and water. They cannot mix properly each other to get a good result. Gotta have as close to a 4.0. as possible.

GMOGMediaTV

GMOGMedia.tv
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I guess none of you nikkaz read my post on the first page.

I'm speaking from experience BTW not just opinion.

BrehMan

Old Avi from :hamster:
Daps
Reppin
See the Avi
Healthcare IT like alot of people have already said.

I work in HIM (Health Info Mgmt); I had no previous exp./certs BUT I had extensive experience dealing with Front to End Healthcare Revenue Cycle (patient accounting/mgmt., financial counseling, billing, etc.) which got me in the door and is relevant/necessary.

I'm honestly looking to get into Healthcare Revenue Cycle Consulting and that's where the big bucks come in.

Daps
Why are you guys so obsessed with IT? I'm confused, is it because it pays a lot or what? F'n weird.

Daps
I forgot to add this whole Big data thing is blowing up. we actually created a new dept just for this. studying customer behaviors ect.

Yup, data science is going to be the next big thing. I took an online course for the introduction to data science and I wouldn't mind going to school part time for that.