Healthcare vs IT which career path is more reliable today?

GMOGMediaTV

GMOGMedia.tv
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Cloud this and Virtual that is nothing but Buzz words like always( I remember before I even got into the IT field, I use to hear how this new thing would get rid of jobs )

My Company spent a ton on seeing if cloud computing would save us money, guess what? In the end it didn't.

Virtual computing saves on hardware, the amount of admins is still the same.

I was always effy about the idea of technology moving fast, most companies wait until they are *FORCED* to upgrade their stuff, not because they want the latest and greatest.

Companies are starting( but still slow as hell ) take security seriously, Mobile field is growing and we are starting to redesign our desktop apps to match up with the mobile apps( lets clicks etc )..

Many enterprise level companies are going with Microsoft Office 365 for cloud based email.

When doing that you can save on plenty of overhead while decommissioning and/or re-purposing the hardware you bought for exchange servers

FUPA

#LWO
Daps
Reppin
Lakers, Dodgers
you can do a mixture of both. look for careers and certifications in the healthcare IT field and do web design on the side as your side hustle / hobby.

Hah my co worker has a side job of web/graphic design works on his shyt at Hospital :salute:making double the cash at one place.

Shameonyou

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ive always told everyone that's undecided go healthcare. Even getting a crappy 2 year AA can net you starting pay at $25+. I went from UPS worker when i was 21 making $9 to saying screw it and now im 28 making $40+ with a AA.

what is AA?

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So can someone with a computer science degree can migrate to healthcare, or needs experience showing some understanding of science like a minor?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
So can someone with a computer science degree can migrate to healthcare, or needs experience showing some understanding of science like a minor?

depends. what do you wanna do in the healthcare field? if ur good with numbers and what not, I'm sure u could be an analyst.

FUPA

#LWO
Daps
Reppin
Lakers, Dodgers

Yes plenty of IT jobs and system analyst spots in Healthcare. A lot of contracts also given where you can work from home.

I have people working on programs and shyt for me to run this OR from Missouri and shyt.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
depends. what do you wanna do in the healthcare field? if ur good with numbers and what not, I'm sure u could be an analyst.

I was thinking of managing their networks or something, with the analyst wouldn't prefer someone with a Statistics degree.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Yes plenty of IT jobs and system analyst spots in Healthcare. A lot of contracts also given where you can work from home.

I have people working on programs and shyt for me to run this OR from Missouri and shyt.

I only work from home once a week :sadcam:

on wednesdays. but since my job is considered "corporate" some weeks I have to work at the hospitals.

FUPA

#LWO
Daps
Reppin
Lakers, Dodgers
I only work from home once a week :sadcam:

on wednesdays. but since my job is considered "corporate" some weeks I have to work at the hospitals.

Thats still nice im at hospital pulling 12 hour shift daily. Then again im on a State Campus so the view during lunch is nice... :takedat:

Shameonyou

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Assoicate of the Arts, generally the first degree you get after general ed so you can get your bachelors.

how did you transfer that into a medical profession? they usually have A.S. degrees to do that...just curious if its possible to not have to go back to school then.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Thats still nice im at hospital pulling 12 hour shift daily. Then again im on a State Campus so the view during lunch is nice... :takedat:

you must be clinical staff. They dont offer those 12 hour shifts to anyone that's not clinical here that I have seen.

FUPA

#LWO
Daps
Reppin
Lakers, Dodgers
you must be clinical staff. They dont offer those 12 hour shifts to anyone that's not clinical here that I have seen.

Yea im clinical but my job requires me being on a system analyst level. I also get to ride on a chopper once in awhile. :duck:

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how did you transfer that into a medical profession? they usually have A.S. degrees to do that...just curious if its possible to not have to go back to school then.

Bro, you might want ask beaniemac, because he's much more knowledgeable on this.

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
I work in Healthcare as a Financial/Capitation analyst. We are always looking to hire and there are never enough good qualifed folks to do what I do. My position is in high demand. If I wasn't such a lazy bum, I'd be out there looking for better opportunities for myself. My boss is always scared I'mma jump ship because she knows I can do better.

What is the actual description? Is it like accounting?