Healthcare vs IT which career path is more reliable today?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Computers can pretty much setup, monitor and upgrade themselves. Human involvement is becoming less needed. 10 years ago, humans had to do it all. Soon one person will be able to maintain 1,000,000 user accounts with Citrix and cloud computing. And he'll be on standby most of the time. I remember big server rooms and 100s of physical servers. Repairmen coming and going daily. Now you can have 1000s of (mirrored) virtual servers on one blade chasis. :whew:

Trust me folks, IT is drying up.

On the other hand, people are getting fatter and sicker. Medical and healthcare are :blessed:

guess I'll be never be out of a job :ahh:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Nothing is safe
If you got gwap start a funeral home

Sent from royalty using Tapatalk 4 beta

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
IT (as well as Healthcare) are broad ass fields, breh. IT can go from Security, Networking, Software Development, Web Design, Interface Design, Helpdesk, Artificial Intelligence, Data Management, Hardware, etc. and etc. And each of those I name can be broken down several times over. Healthcare can go from doctors, nurses, business units, administration, marketing, legal, Healthcare IT (which can be broken down several times as well), and etc.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
My advice if you're getting into IT is you better learn to love it and not just be only about the money because the learning curves and continuous learning will eventually expose you. Everybody ain't made for that life where you have to take months/years out of your life trying to learn something only to turn around and have to learn some new shyt while trying to remember the old shyt you took months/years trying to learn.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
How do I get started in IT? I have some money saved up if that helps.

u gotta get them certs dawg!

as for health care, I noticed that its like over 75% women at this joint. also, if u wanna get into management you gotta be an RN and have your BSN. then if you put that with a MBA, MPH, or MHA, then you are good to start caking in this bytch.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Cloud this and Virtual that is nothing but Buzz words like always( I remember before I even got into the IT field, I use to hear how this new thing would get rid of jobs )

My Company spent a ton on seeing if cloud computing would save us money, guess what? In the end it didn't.

Virtual computing saves on hardware, the amount of admins is still the same.

I was always effy about the idea of technology moving fast, most companies wait until they are *FORCED* to upgrade their stuff, not because they want the latest and greatest.

Companies are starting( but still slow as hell ) take security seriously, Mobile field is growing and we are starting to redesign our desktop apps to match up with the mobile apps( lets clicks etc )..

FUPA

#LWO
Daps
Reppin
Lakers, Dodgers
Ive always told everyone that's undecided go healthcare. Even getting a crappy 2 year AA can net you starting pay at $25+. I went from UPS worker when i was 21 making $9 to saying screw it and now im 28 making $40+ with a AA.

emerald

Mother Earth
Daps
Reppin
charlotte, nc
you can do a mixture of both. look for careers and certifications in the healthcare IT field and do web design on the side as your side hustle / hobby.