HBO's "Ballers" Season 2 Thread

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
:dead:at nikkas writing dissertations on this 30 minute show, I could have sworn brehs here talking about how it doesn't have a plot and is hot trash. :skip:

I also love how simple nikkas are like I only watch for the t*ts and ass, when the internet exists.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
:dead:at nikkas writing dissertations on this 30 minute show, I could have sworn brehs here talking about how it doesn't have a plot and is hot trash. :skip:

I also love how simple nikkas are like I only watch for the t*ts and ass, when the internet exists.
yeah. show is straight ass. even at like 26 minutes an ep its a waste of time, too much other shyt to watch in the time i have for tv shows

WeInHere

All Star
Supporter
Daps
They shoulda played that ASAP Rocky M's joint after Spence asked for the 5 mil.

They are stretching this Ricky decision to the limit! Geez

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
man, its just a REALLY bad look for the money manager to be coming at his clients asking for 7 figure loans.......

how can you be reputable in the business when you're making those kinda moves????

I think he'd be able to attract a lot more clients working with andre and joe still with a fancy new job and a raise.

I'd feel like shyt asking ricky for that kinda money and he hasn't even signed a deal. and asking vernon for that money when he's laid up with a ruptured achilles with the cowboys just having drafted his replacement in the 1st round.
This show really opened up with that reveal about rock doing this all to himself. That and the drugs

It's like they trying to give you pure fukkery but they've stumbled into major character development.

Rock just started this business. As a money manager, you shouldn't gamble your last 300k on a guy who hasn't even signed papers yet

You shouldn't be gambling with your life by ignoring doctors and not getting surgeries.

You shouldn't be holding other men accountable for bad deals when they told you not to put all your money in and told you not to bring all your friends in on it too

But throughout two seasons, they let the viewers think he's some amazing good guy who only has everyone's best interests at heart

Really he's been hiding shyt from joe, lying to people about the bad deal he was in, blaming other people for it, and still hasn't changed. He blames the doc for being wrong. Still blames Andre. And now has turned into Andre by doing the same shady deals with his clients

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
He really is. I actually want to see him fail he's so repulsive now. If it wasn't for Ricky and Vern's money being on the line I'd be rooting for a glorious catastrophic failure for his whole ASM attempt.

Let me get this straight: Spence is still reeling from blowing $6M on a single deal and also getting his friends to lose their money as well and now he's getting his new friends, younger cats who look up to him to waste $5M each on buying a company that's loading clients to Andre and doesn't even have its NFLPA license :mindblown:

He def shoulda taken Andre's offer. I get why he wouldn't want to work for Andre and the trust issues there, but he could have done that for a few years, stacked his bread then went off on his own if he wanted to. There's simply no reason to throw everything he has (plus a significant amount he DOESN'T have) on this single play. :snoop:

Andre seems like a smug a$$hole but I'm not convinced he's that sheisty anymore. Spence was wilding and didn't take his advice. Imagine if this investment falls through and Dallas cuts Vern...Vern gonna have the same animosity towards Spence as Spence has towards Andre. Vern ain't gonna remember all that "it's a risk, I gotta tell you that" BS Spence was talking. Vern acting emotionally and Spence should appreciate that after what he went through.

Spence is a full-fledged junkie scumbag :scust:

Very good point. He's mad that Andre burned the $6 million he invested (he didn't burn it, Spence gave it unwisely) now he's asking Vern and Ricky to do essentially the same thing. At least Andre only asked for 600k. It was Spence who overspent. Spence aint asking for a couple hundred thousand, he flat out asking people for millions of dollars. He's full of shyt as far as I'm concerned.