HBO's "Ballers" Season 2 Thread

All Star
Daps
History.... is not gonna repeat itself... :coffee:
"A fool and his money are soon parted."

We now know...

He gave that DT every penny he had.

He went broke going all in on some condos.

Now he's going all in again with his own clients money.

Anybody that reckless with money is gonna lose it all, every time. He has no margin for error.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
"A fool and his money are soon parted."

We now know...

He gave that DT every penny he had.

He went broke going all in on some condos.

Now he's going all in again with his own clients money.

Anybody that reckless with money is gonna lose it all, every time. He has no margin for error.

He's not gonna loose their money, If he's not able to buy ASM he'll just give their money back... :francis: Right???:mjlol:

We wont know until next Sunday...:yeshrug:

All Star
Daps
He's not gonna loose their money, If he's not able to buy ASM he'll just give their money back... :francis: Right???:mjlol:

We wont know until next Sunday...:yeshrug:
No shyt he would give the money back "if he can't crowdfund $15 million". They're dragging the storyline with Andre into next season. It's obvious that money is going to be raised and he'll buy ASM.

Oh, and he still isn't licensed. Great foundation for success, there.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
No shyt he would give the money back "if he can't crowdfund $15 million". They're dragging the storyline with Andre into next season. It's obvious that money is going to be raised and he'll buy ASM.

Oh, and he still isn't licensed. Great foundation for success, there.

I think the NFLU licensing thing will get fixed somehow... Andre fukked it up. That's what the bad guys do, they throw monkey wrench's in your bike wheel the moment you get near the top.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
no the risk is buying the company with $15M borrowed from your own clients and having to figure out how to get them paid back in a timely manner.

doing the deal with andre was actually the least risky move. he was gonna give the rock his own job back along with a promotion. and best yet, he wouldn't owe money to ricky and vernon.

True...

This show kinda gives insight how athletes go broke. Being put on the spot for money. Friends manipulating their connection to you to get you to hand away millions. Rock in the wrong. I didn't even know Ricky had it like that to be giving away millions. How much he give Rocky? Was it $3 million, $5 million? Nikka :snoop: Just manage my money and keep me paid. I didn't sign up to be giving you seed money for your business, and if you that broke, maybe I need new management.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
True...

This show kinda gives insight how athletes go broke. Being put on the spot for money. Friends manipulating their connection to you to get you to hand away millions. Rock in the wrong. I didn't even know Ricky had it like that to be giving away millions. How much he give Rocky? Was it $3 million, $5 million? Nikka :snoop: Just manage my money and keep me paid. I didn't sign up to be giving you seed money for your business, and if you that broke, maybe I need new management.

I feel you, but we as the viewer know Rock ain't about to rip his friend's off... Yeah it's a risky move to buy a sports management company all things considered but you have to fall on rocky's side in this equation. he worked out the best deals for the people he's met. not only that he doesnt even have a license to rep them yet in the nfl and got ASM going big.
Like anderson told joe "I brought spence in to keep all the athletes here at ASM." He's not gonna owe ricky or vernon the worst case scenario is that andre outbids him for ASM he gets told no sale he returns the money to Ricky and Vernon, Also let us not forget that he & joe are liquidating their assets as well!!!! That only covered 5 mil. Joe and Spence both going for broke to buy out ASM... :mjlol:

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
True...

man, its just a REALLY bad look for the money manager to be coming at his clients asking for 7 figure loans.......

how can you be reputable in the business when you're making those kinda moves????

I think he'd be able to attract a lot more clients working with andre and joe still with a fancy new job and a raise.

I'd feel like shyt asking ricky for that kinda money and he hasn't even signed a deal. and asking vernon for that money when he's laid up with a ruptured achilles with the cowboys just having drafted his replacement in the 1st round.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
I feel you, but we as the viewer know Rock ain't about to rip his friend's off... Yeah it's a risky move to buy a sports management company all things considered but you have to fall on rocky's side in this equation. he worked out the best deals for the people he's met. not only that he doesnt even have a license to rep them yet in the nfl and got ASM going big.
Like anderson told joe "I brought spence in to keep all the athletes here at ASM." He's not gonna owe ricky or vernon the worst case scenario is that andre outbids him for ASM he gets told no sale he returns the money to Ricky and Vernon, Also let us not forget that he & joe are liquidating their assets as well!!!! That only covered 5 mil. Joe and Spence both going for broke to buy out ASM... :mjlol:

The business could still go bust. Has nothing to do with him being a good dude or not.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Good ep.....something tells me they gonna make Spence iggin his injury a life threatening topic for next season...on some Chris Bosh type of shyt... :sas1:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I've been casually watching this for t*ts and ass and the occasional funny scene, but now Im watching to see The Rocks character take Ls.:mjlol:

I hated his character at first because he just seemed like s goody goody, with no interesting enough traits to pull off being the main character. His concussion storyline was light and pointless, his relationship storyline was boring, and I just wasnt feeling him being the oh so noble stand up agent, when everyone else was sharks.

But now I see he does have an interesting character flaw. Dude is the worst financial advisor of all time:skip: He's losing money and getting his so called friends involved in terrible business moves, while still believing himself to be looking out for them. Dude got offered a wonderful opportunity that didn't involve potentially fukking over his friends, yet he must have watched Dame Dash's breakfast club interview before that meeting because he wasn't about to call another man boss:dame:

He's deluded and prideful and still thinks himself to be the agent for the players.:deadrose:

This entire begging for money plot :feedme:reminds me of that 30 for 30 going broke documentary and I'm here for it.

I hope this whole thing blows up in all of their faces and he loses all of their money:troll:
The look on his face when he takes Ls is so priceless:mjcry:

Knowing this show though, it'll all work out and everyone will win by the season finale. I'm hoping they continue to escalate the money conflict though because it might be the first legit conflict of the series that has me:whoo: and:bryan:at the same time.

Last edited:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
No way in hell I would let Andre handle my money. Looks like he may lose that million down payment next week :francis:

These dudes need some NBA and MLB clients, that's where the money is
Joe lowkey makes me chuckle every week with his jokes :mjlol:
I'd be up for them expanding into other sports. Not like they do much with the football aspect anyway.

Imagine if next seasons storyline is they see Mike Conley's $153 contract on ESPN:leon: and the white dude on the team decides they need to get into the NBA agency.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I'd be up for them expanding into other sports. Not like they do much with the football aspect anyway.

Imagine if next seasons storyline is they see Mike Conley's $153 contract on ESPN:leon: and the white dude on the team decides they need to get into the NBA agency.

100% right need more sports, baseball and basketball players added to the mix would take it to the next level. Especially since Spence is just a money man, not an agent or anything like that.