HBO to air The Wire remastered in HD starting on December 26th

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Joe didn't know he was workin on gettin that connect as hard as he was. And he never thought Cheese would give him up.

I still can believe Cheesr was Randy's pops :wow:

But didn't Marlo asked Joe about meeting the connect after Omar robbed them? And Joe was trying to protect Cheese because Marlo wanted to talk with Cheese first.

I don't know if the writing was trying to show Joe was spinning so many webs that he eventually got tangled up, but Prop was not on top of his game in Season 5. Yeah, Cheese was Marlo's secret weapon and was Joe's weakness. There were some things that was a bit out of his character.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
But didn't Marlo asked Joe about meeting the connect after Omar robbed them? And Joe was trying to protect Cheese because Marlo wanted to talk with Cheese first.

I don't know if the writing was trying to show Joe was spinning so many webs that he eventually got tangled up, but Prop was not on top of his game in Season 5. Yeah, Cheese was Marlo's secret weapon and was Joe's weakness. There were some things that was a bit out of his character.
Slim warned him about Charles, but he didnt think kin would turn on him and he didnt want to kill kin. These young n1ggaz crossed lines Joe couldn't even imagine. He definitely shoulda been paying more attention to cheese, but like u said, he was too busy.

I just hate how that scum Marlo came out on top. But the show was good @ giving Realistic outcomes.

Avon should be out by now when u think about how much time has passed :ohlawd:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did anyone think that Carcetti was Obama in 08? All hopeful and could bring real change but turns out he was just another politician.

:leon: good comparison but I already knew that Obama was just another politician/puppet as other presidents anyway.

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just hate how that scum Marlo came out on top. But the show was good @ giving Realistic outcomes.

Avon should be out by now when u think about how much time has passed :ohlawd:

Marlo was ruthless, efficient, and deceptively cunning as they come.....but that n!gg@ has to be luckiest to ever walk on the westside of B-more. Hardly no losses, except if you want to call Omar sticking up his card game a major loss. After watching the marathon, let's examine how the stars aligned for his takeover:

- went unnoticed and undetected by String and the Co- op until those towers came down. And even so, String and the Co- op believed less bodies, less police attention, more money. So no warring popped off until Avon touched down.

- Avon came home to a disjointed and more unreliable crew. And was pressing to wipe Marlo's crew off the corners, even with the sloppy workers.

- Avon and String were at odds. String was snitching and was more concerned about Co-op matters and becoming legit. Avon feed String to Omar and Brother Mouzone. String and Avon was pretty much targeted by McNulty and company. Marlo was mentioned in passing and was thought to be part of Barksdale's crew.

- Avon and crew got hemmed up, so Slim Charles and associate couldn't kill him even though they had the drop on him and everything.

- Omar focused strongly on Barksdale's crew and didn't really started to study Marlo until Season 4 & 5. And even so, got merked by Kennard out of all people.

- Basically received all the tutelage from Prop Joe on washing his money and having access to court documents. Killed Joe with no push back whatsoever. Even had the help of his nephew to run eastside of B-more. Oh, let's not forget The Greek and Vondas striking a partnership with him with little to no hesitation.

- McNulty and Freamon have to concot a serial killer story and illegal wiretaps to even build a case. Remember the case/hunt for Marlo was dropped in the beginning.

- Came home 10 mil richer (not counting what he may have stashed away) and a business deal that would make Stringer envy. Before that, Levy struck a deal with Pearlman because of the illegality of the case.

- Just when you thought it ended there....Marlo took done two armed grown men on some Batman Begins shyt.

Yeah, everybody has luck on their side from time to time but for all of the dirt and blood on his hand....This nigg@ was the ultimate Wire kingpin!

ATLien

DSGB
Daps
Reppin
S.W.A.T.S
Yo...just started watching. Got to S1E5...Omar is ghey. Aight...wateva

But why HBO gotta show all that damn fakkit kissin in shyt.??? They ALWAYS be doin that!:scust::scust::scust:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
is that because maybe he was that "perfect combination" of Avon and Stringer...in a way?

I'd say he's a version of both of them gone to the extreme. He's not a "perfect" combination because he didn't have the respect for the game that Avon did or the acumen for business that String had. He's like this reverse mirror of who they both could've been

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
is that because maybe he was that "perfect combination" of Avon and Stringer...in a way?

Marlo got what both of them wanted...complete control of the game (Avon) and the chance to go legit (String) but couldn't get what either of them got which is the recognition. Marlo's name only went as far as Chris and Snoop carried it

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
I'd say he's a version of both of them gone to the extreme. He's not a "perfect" combination because he didn't have the respect for the game that Avon did or the acumen for business that String had. He's like this reverse mirror of who they both could've been
Funny cuz I was gonna correct myself and say that he was an extreme version of Avon...but the reverse mirror is a better assessment.