HBO to air The Wire remastered in HD starting on December 26th

TGainz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
what did she do to him....he looked happy to me like he became a lawyer or something

I was talking about how campbell threatened to expose whatever he did while at eastern district if he didn't juke the stats....but I think he was glad he had his law degree so he wasn't completely screwed

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Did anyone think that Carcetti was Obama in 08? All hopeful and could bring real change but turns out he was just another politician.
Obama just so happened to be the latest politician talmbout change, Im sure every mayor in BMore history was on some change sh1t. Carcetti seems to be based a lot around Martin Omalley. Gotta figure this sh1t was written b4 Obama even had a chance to win.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Obama just so happened to be tge latest politician talmbout change, Im sure every mayor in BMore history was on some change sh1t. Carcetti seems to be based a lot around Martin Omalley. Gotta figure this sh1t was written b4 Obama even had a chance to win.

Yeah David Simon didn't think Obama had a chance at that time so it's just a coincidence. He said Carcetti was an amalgamation of different Baltimore politicians including O'Malley, who coincidently will probably be running for president next year.

And not to get too much into a political discussion since this isn't the place, I can't say Obama is just "another politician" in the sense that he hasn't changed anything or hasn't been ambitious.

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
Just a brillant show. fukk the Emmys and America for sleeping on it..

It was praised by all the critics but in reality the reason this show never won an Emmy was because racism and too much truth exposed. That's how America does you. They want you to keep your mouth shut and play your part.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I almost forgot how many sad moments that show had. I was tearing up at least once or twice every season. I need to get 2-5 on DVD, already have season 1. So great.

Oh yeah, def forgot how graphic the sex was too (fiends turning tricks, Hamsterdam etc)