HBO Oz Appreciation/Unappreciation Thread

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I watched this as it aired but I don't think I was really old or wise enough to critique it....all I know is at the time I thought it was the greatest thing I had ever seen, until Lost came on.

But I think I only watched 2 or 3 seasons before my parents cut HBO and I never saw it again. Maybe some sort of riot was the ending for me? I'm not sure if I saw anything after a riot. Too long ago.

I doubt it would hold up now and I heard bad things about later seasons, so I think I will just let it sit in my brain as a 'fond memory' and not rewatch it
That was season one... great season closer.

RatherUnique

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
british..
He was born in London, England. So what is wrong with calling him English? How many generations does a Black person have to live in England before they can be called English, as well as British? Saying English is a specific ethnic group, and that nobody with roots elsewhere in the world, regardlessnof being born and raised in England, can call themselves English, is bullshyt. If an English person moves to Germany, his children will be considered German. It's normal.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
He was born in London, England. So what is wrong with calling him English? How many generations does a Black person have to live in England before they can be called English, as well as British? Saying English is a specific ethnic group, and that nobody with roots elsewhere in the world, regardlessnof being born and raised in England, can call themselves English, is bullshyt. If an English person moves to Germany, his children will be considered German. It's normal.
I thought British was the norm in terms of nationality? But i fully get what you said, no debate.

International S.

"He never had the makings of a varsity athlete"
Daps
Reppin
Portsmouth, VA
Appreciation/Unappreciation is the perfect title for this thread. The show started in amazing form and then just descended into pure chaos.
Simon Adebesi was that nikka :wow:

The only loss he took. Hate it had to be him :mjlol:

dude was so shocked..but bytch I gave you a cake tho, he had to pull his sweats up in the bushes...even while they was rushing em... hat stayed in tact

RatherUnique

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought British was the norm in terms of nationality? But i fully get what you said, no debate.
My bad breh. Thought you was one of them cats who say English is an ethnic group and Blacks in England can never be English. But England, Scotland and Wales are all on Britain, which is the island, so Englishmen, Scotsmen, and Welshmen are all also British. British just means inhabitants of Britain.

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Adebesi was one of the most intimidating dudes ever. Crazy dude is English in real life.
Eamonn Walker is too. They hide the accents(if it would be considered one) so well. I think he studied at the Shakespeare theater.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Been watching this on hbo demend

The storyline a can be so damn ridiculous so many god damn plot holes but it's a fun show but not on the level really wise

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Been watching this on hbo demend

The storyline a can be so damn ridiculous so many god damn plot holes but it's a fun show but not on the level really wise
Nothing major, but I was wondering what happened to Leo's secretary. :patrice:There was something between the two of them & it was so fukking obvious with his wife divorcing him and his daughter getting r_ped. She was there for his every need. I was like :wtf: when he was datign McManus' ex-wife.

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Once you see the wire OZ looks like amateurs shyt
3187541.gif

Well imma have to start watching tonight then & find out. I already know Kenny & Hughes is on there. I just hope Hughes isnt a fukking dikk weed like on Oz...