HBO Oz Appreciation/Unappreciation Thread

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My favorite part that had me :laff: in that OZ at two college dudes douchebags, when they went to that prison and one of his friend was like :wtf: when he saw his friend dress up like as drag queen cause he becomes a Vernon Schillinger's b!tch now.

Funk Flex

HOT 97
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I forgot how he died?...I think he got murdered. Damn, you guys make me watch this Oz again because I have the Oz collection.
Peter Schibetta is released from the psych ward and is told from a reliable source that Ryan O'Reily helped Simon Adebisi kill his father, Nino. He is intent to start getting revenge on all of those who did him harm, starting with the last man responsible for Nino's death. With revenge on his mind, he arranges for people O'Reily loves to get the "evil eye," essentially a death curse which his wife's grandmother may cast after obtaining a person's personal possession.

First dead is Father Daniel Meehan, a priest who is trying to appeal O'Reily's brother Cyril's death sentence; the priest dies of brain damage and is found dead in a pile of feces. Schibetta tells O'Reily that Meehan is dead because of him and that there will be others. O'Reily responds by going to Pancamo and telling him that Schibetta has cursed him (O'Reily) and also convinces Pancamo that Schibetta plans to curse him as well for failing to protect Schibetta from Adebisi years ago. Pancamo, who believes in Sicilian curses, takes this very seriously and plans to stop Schibetta. In the meantime, Schibetta steals O'Reily's mother's car keys to put the curse on her, but before he gets a chance Pancamo and Frank Urbano stop Schibetta in his tracks and murder him; gouging out his eye to prevent him from passing the curse onto them. Glynn does not conduct a rigorous investigation of his old enemy's murder.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
I forgot how he died?...I think he got murdered. Damn, you guys make me watch this Oz again because I have the Oz collection.
i have the set too and soundtrack. i was obsessed with this show..and got to visit the set in season 2, through contacts.
I wanted to be an extra but i was too young looking n shyt..lol
one of the producers made a joke about writing in a younger brother of the priest..lol

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Not perfect but still a great show. Fell off once they came up with that experimental drug thing and got silly from there. Final season felt really off but still a powerful show overall. I bought the DVDs as they originally came out and re-watched it then. Not a "fun" show though, so it's nothing I'd ever watch again.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Peter Schibetta is released from the psych ward and is told from a reliable source that Ryan O'Reily helped Simon Adebisi kill his father, Nino. He is intent to start getting revenge on all of those who did him harm, starting with the last man responsible for Nino's death. With revenge on his mind, he arranges for people O'Reily loves to get the "evil eye," essentially a death curse which his wife's grandmother may cast after obtaining a person's personal possession.

First dead is Father Daniel Meehan, a priest who is trying to appeal O'Reily's brother Cyril's death sentence; the priest dies of brain damage and is found dead in a pile of feces. Schibetta tells O'Reily that Meehan is dead because of him and that there will be others. O'Reily responds by going to Pancamo and telling him that Schibetta has cursed him (O'Reily) and also convinces Pancamo that Schibetta plans to curse him as well for failing to protect Schibetta from Adebisi years ago. Pancamo, who believes in Sicilian curses, takes this very seriously and plans to stop Schibetta. In the meantime, Schibetta steals O'Reily's mother's car keys to put the curse on her, but before he gets a chance Pancamo and Frank Urbano stop Schibetta in his tracks and murder him; gouging out his eye to prevent him from passing the curse onto them. Glynn does not conduct a rigorous investigation of his old enemy's murder.

That's right, now I remember.

Keep it real, If it wasn't for Oz so there would be no The Sopranos, The Wire, etc. Oz was the reason why they opened door for y'all.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
brilliant character, his bro vs hamid khan boxing match!!

Ryan using his brother for his selfish reasons but he loves him though so I can't blame him because he knows some of them would try to take advantage of him but at the same time he did it too....for his selfish reasons. That scene where he has to let his brother go had me :to: and when they showed the flashback between him and his brother...he was the reason why his brother became mentally handicapped.....Ryan cost his life for that bullshyt.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Man I've never seen a show that can waver from great to just over the top ridiculous and back so often. The fact that a group that was in Emerald City was so closely watched yet constantly strolling all throughout random parts of the prison when it was time to kill somebody.

That was the part that got me:hartwtf:These mothafukkas always had free reign to walk the prison whenever they wanted; shyt was crazy

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
:comeon:

did you just compare the smuggling of powder versus human beings?

my fav part of oz when adabisi goes fukking nuts during the riot because he ran outta "t*ts". dude was heroin fiendin like a madman
Not saying they should have smuggled them. Just outright bring them in since they had free reign to do what they want.