HBO Considering -- WATCHMEN TV Series/ with Zack Snyder

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Hope this never happens. Snyder sucks and a prequel or sequel to Watchmen is a HORRIBLE idea. Alan Moore was right, it's supposed to be a comic.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
They should adapt thief of thieves or Y the last man.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Hope this never happens. Snyder sucks and a prequel or sequel to Watchmen is a HORRIBLE idea. Alan Moore was right, it's supposed to be a comic.

wow, i believe i've changed positions once again.

i just watched a video of alan moore explaining why he is against adapting watchmen and i have to say he makes a very compelling argument in my opinion.

also let's be honest, no matter what they do, it will never live up to the book. the book is why we're all still talking about it. are you really interested in any version of watchmen that doesn't come from the mind of alan moore? i don't care who you get to adapt it, they're not alan moore.

and just like that i don't think i want this show anymore.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I completely agree. Watchmen has so many interesting characters and story profiles coupled with HBO, who in their right mind would not want to watch that? I could easily see it becoming Game of Thrones successor.

Yes, it could definitely, but Snyder is better with visuals than telling stories or at least picking the right writers for his stories. I'd definitely check it out though, but with low expectations.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Hope this never happens. Snyder sucks and a prequel or sequel to Watchmen is a HORRIBLE idea.

watchmen-babies_1235924139_crop_480x358.jpg

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Unnecessary and I'm not a fan of his but I will still watch. lol

Hopefully it's a prequel, don't need to see the story "more fleshed out" :francis:

He pulled that off with Leftovers, only S1 followed the book, after that he created the rest of the story.