HBO Considering -- WATCHMEN TV Series/ with Zack Snyder

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
:camby:

fukk this idea, theres lot of other adult comics I rather see a HBO show for.

Transmetropolitan
transmet1.jpg

Planetary
planetary.jpg

:blessed:

Man fukk a Watchmen
dog when i saw the transmetropolitan pic i literally was thinking of planetary next:krs:

which reminds me i'm only halfway in the story:why: what the fukk i'm slippin

but yeah, planetary and 100 bullets

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:camby:

fukk this idea, theres lot of other adult comics I rather see a HBO show for.

Transmetropolitan
transmet1.jpg

Planetary
planetary.jpg

:blessed:

Man fukk a Watchmen
Planetary would be sweet and it wouldn't cost that much which I am sure would make them cheap fukks at HBO happy.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Well they're talking now. The tv show, if it happens, may not happen for another year or two or three so at the most, it'll be at least 7 years since the movie, and there's a lot of material to mine there just with the characters alone. They can take the characters Moore created, and do their own thing with them which they probably should, or even go into some of the before watchmen stuff which is pretty good too. And HBO storytelling will allow for some pretty interesting shyt in my mind

Plus, unlike the avengers, it didn't exactly set the world on fire box office wise, so there will probably be just enough people out there who don't remember the movie, or never saw it so being able to reintroduce them to that world using HBO's brand equity would be a good look

Or they could, you know, make a proper adaptation that actually captures all the depth and layers of the story that Snyder brushed over.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Whats the status of this?

I think snyder almost streamlined the best of the comic and took out a lot of uncessary shyt. The fact alan moore didnt put his name on the movie prooves hes a primadonna. shyt was almost perfect with a better ending and the most important scenes. The filler was taken out.

Loved the movie. Top 5 comic movie to me.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

I think snyder almost streamlined the best of the comic and took out a lot of uncessary shyt. The fact alan moore didnt put his name on the movie prooves hes a primadonna. shyt was almost perfect with a better ending and the most important scenes. The filler was taken out.

Hasn't been any news since that story back in October.
I doubt it will happen. If HBO decides to do a take on mature super-heroes they would probably try to continue their relationship with George RR Martin and try to adapt Wild Cards.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's listed as in development. But who knows if it will ever happen at HBO. Only HBO or Netflix could support the kind of budget this series will need.

Daps
Reppin
NYC

i agree it's a better ending but the movie is very far from perfect.

and i enjoyed that movie.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
i agree it's a better ending but the movie is very far from perfect.

and i enjoyed that movie.
I noticed people saying he cut too much but i just took the book from the library and watched the ultimate cut at the same time

I agree with the dialgue changes he made, moore added a lot of unecessary dialogue while snyder got straight to the point

They cut the uncessary alien creation plot line and actully gave manhattan a reason to leave which i thought was better. Way better than cloning a pyschics brain and driving everyone crazy ot making their brains explode. Also manhattan wasnt the only city destroyed.

Cutting out roschaqs backstory wasnt that bad cause u really only needed to see what snyder showed. Him working as a dress maker and giving his mask a origin wasnt needed to advance the plot.

Cutting captain metropolis again, putting ozymandias in his place was a good change imo

A lot of moments like that i agreed with

Can anyone find anything you think should have been in there? I would love to have a discussion because i never knew what the watchmen was until the movie and im a big marvel comics fan since i was little so dc stuff flew under the radar.

The movie trned into one of my fav films and ive reqatched it several times since the 1st and cant get enough. The only comic book movie besides this to get deliberate constant replays from me was THE CROW, another movie i think was GREATLY improved on over the original.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I noticed people saying he cut too much but i just took the book from the library and watched the ultimate cut at the same time

I agree with the dialgue changes he made, moore added a lot of unecessary dialogue while snyder got straight to the point

They cut the uncessary alien creation plot line and actully gave manhattan a reason to leave which i thought was better. Way better than cloning a pyschics brain and driving everyone crazy ot making their brains explode. Also manhattan wasnt the only city destroyed.

Cutting out roschaqs backstory wasnt that bad cause u really only needed to see what snyder showed. Him working as a dress maker and giving his mask a origin wasnt needed to advance the plot.

Cutting captain metropolis again, putting ozymandias in his place was a good change imo

Can anyone find anything you think should have been in there? I would love to have a discussion because i never knew what the watchmen was until the movie and im a big marvel comics fan since i was little so dc stuff flew under the radar.

The movie trned into one of my fav films and ive reqatched it several times since the 1st and cant get enough. The only comic book movie besides this to get deliberate constant replays from me was THE CROW, another movie i think was GREATLY improved on over the original.

i wasn't judging it as an adaptation of the source material, i was judging it solely as a movie. i'm saying as a movie it was very far from perfect.

but if we are to compare it to the book, from what i understand the character of Ozymandias is a lot better in the book. i've never read it but i've spoken to people who have and they say in the book he's more of a character you look up to and you are actually surprised in the end when you learn his true motive. but in the movie he felt creepy from the start.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Snyder did a great job with the Director's cut/Ultimate cut. The only changes I didn't like were Night Owl visiting Ozmandias instead of rorschach. And the flashbacks/revelation on Mars could have been done better. In the book she's just remembering with Dr. Manhattan playing psychoanalyst, it was more poignant. But these are nitpicks I to think this is the best comicbook movie ever made albeit because the source material is also the best to.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
you know what? i've changed my position. the book has the superior ending.

i'm not 100% positive that an attack by dr. manhattan would cause the people of earth to unite in opposition of him. in fact you risk humanity not understanding the meaning of the attack at all, so there's no telling how they would react. perhaps they would even curl in fear.

but an alien attack, that's something that would likely bring everyone together.

btw i really hope this gets made. could be epic.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Snyder did a great job with the Director's cut/Ultimate cut. The only changes I didn't like were Night Owl visiting Ozmandias instead of rorschach. And the flashbacks/revelation on Mars could have been done better. In the book she's just remembering with Dr. Manhattan playing psychoanalyst, it was more poignant. But these are nitpicks I to think this is the best comicbook movie ever made albeit because the source material is also the best to.
:leon: