Daps

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Whatever.
I only made it 25 minutes through the 1st episode before shutting it off

Another one of those "let me big up these white rockers from my youth" ass shows.

:russell:

I saw that was what it was about just from the previews and never checked out. If you not a big fan of cracked out rock stars, then I really don't see why anyone would watch this :yeshrug:

I say that as someone who listens to all types of music but this obsession with supposed "rebels" living the old fashion drug,sex, and rock n roll lifestyle seems to be an old white guy obsession with a small ass demographic.
agree, the show was very cliche...how many times have we seen macho italian croonies launder money via some flashy business in 70's NY surrounded by coke, hoes, and rock n roll (or disco). shyt was :russell:, it brought nothing new, especially given the budget it had. gen x and millenials are where the money is, 60's/70's nostalgia has been done and baby boomers aren't keeping up with new shows and content like that, cats better get these 80's/90's movies/shows on deck

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Gotta say I'm stunned that HBO can't figure this shyt out. Right now their only premier show is Game Of Thrones, and that's moreso a ratings monster than a truly great show; it doesn't compare to The Wire, The Sopranos, etc. A lot of the great showrunners are doing stuff on Netflix and similar streaming mediums while HBO starves for talent.

They seem to have a couple solid comedies in Veep and Silicone Valley but they need a premier tier-1 show that makes people give a fukk about what HBO as a brand used to mean: high quality drama. Boardwalk Empire didn't really do this. True Detective S1 did it but it was an anthology and the second season fell off a cliff. So I'm not sure what they do next. I know David Simon has two shows coming to HBO and while they'll be dope, I doubt they'll be the hit shows HBO needs.

IMO they need some type of crime drama that transcends the medium again, like Sopranos/Wire. And preferably something that isn't played out.

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
well at least we've got gayme of scones to watch... bring the dragons in hbo

yes vinyl wasn't for everyone but must we all watch the same shyt ?!?!?!