HBCU students are asked to name 5 African countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
South Africa, Nigeria, Madagascar, Zimbabwe, Egypt, Morraco (misspelled), Ivy Coast, Ghana, Ethiopia, etcetera. Gotta be able to name 4 African countries as a black student 👨🏽‍🎓.

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
People who post answers to trivia questions need to be banned :mjlol:
I was just naming em off the top bc they legit have me confused as to why they can't name 5 African countries:yeshrug:

Cool post tho breh. You got the laughs and daps you wanted :yeshrug:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I only have an Associate's degree from a community college.

Off the top of my head:

Nigeria
Ghana
South Africa
Madagascar
Ethiopia
Rwanda
Egypt
Niger

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
i bet you they can name 10 european countries though.....

which is why I always say AA are culturally closer to them than africans

With the way the curriculum is set, all of us kids learned about European countries all throughout middle school and school.:hubie: They don't tell us anything about Africa.

With that said, No I can't name 10 European countries.

Germany
Spain
Italy
Ireland
Sweden
Switzerland
New Zealand
United Kingdom

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I went to an HBCU (Grambling), and it was not an requirement to learn about African history, because our HBCU's was built by Black Americans, so we learned about Black Americans and Black American History.

Yes, I took Humanities, but we rarely talked about Africa. Actually, I do not remember talking about Africa at my HBCU.

There not called Historically African Colleges and Universities.
The way you hate Africa, you should know all of the countries

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
Let's be honest, most Black kids aren't learning shyt in college. The enrolling in the easiest trash degree programs available, party and burn throw that student loan money.

:snoop: ,

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
Americans are just bad at geography and social studies even when it comes to domestic subjects.If you pick out five random states in the US, ask them to name their state capitols, they would also fail. They would probably say NYC is the the capitol of NY state (instead of Albany) some shyt like that or Miami is the capitol of Florida.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This is also an effect the way Africa has been portrayed in Media not just education. The continent is often discussed as a country. So if you are not scholarly or interested you don't get to gain knowledge of much of African countries or culture.

Hence why people still discuss the continent like.i
Its a country. I won't call those brehs stupid. I'm sure they could name 5 planets and 5 European cities and Countries. 5 Asian countries. The identity of Africans and Black people in general is treated as a complete afterthought to most of the world.. no distinction.

To use a relevant example...see the coli diaspora wars and the average clown who participates in that shyt will use references that are relevant only to West Africans, Nigerians or Somalians towards anyone African in general. To many people they can't separate Africans and furthermore many don't care to. The lack of knowledge can be a mix of ignorance, lack of interest and also an effect of how media portrayal has cemented this idea that Africa just being one place with not much distinction.

This is also why many Africans eventually got used to just saying they are from Africa not a the country of their origin because they would get met with the deer in headlights look. shyt goes like this

"Where you from" - :jbhmm:

"Burkina Faso"

"Oh Cool" - :lupe:

Eventually you just learn to say "Africa" :unimpressed:

Until someone says "Where in Africa"

And then you like - :gladbron:

Because you can actually elaborate and speak on your origin without losing someone in conversation and they have references and some general knowledge about the place.

Last edited:

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
With that said, No I can't name 10 European countries.

Germany
Spain
Italy
Ireland
Sweden
Switzerland
New Zealand
United Kingdom

XuTjTTv.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.