Hawg tik toker says airplane aisles are too narrow, claims discrimination

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't feel sorry for morbidly obese people who are likely that way due to diet. There are logistical reasons those rows are not wider as well as practical reasons like utilizing more of the space for seating while not increasing plane size. If you are a fat, unless you are one of the rare folks with wild conditions, you can choose to lose it and get better quality of life in every facet. If you choose to stay fat because the Sara Lee is too good, you accept gluttony in exchange for lifespan and being able to fit into society. No pun.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
at some point do you try to lose weight?
Why lose weight when the world should accommodate for your own poor decisions?
Can you imagine sitting down on your window seat in coach, seeing her enter the cabin, and just hold your breath, praying to any god you can think of that she doesn't fix her gaze on the empty middle seat next to you?
There’s no worse feeling in the world. I always play the “JAWS” theme in my head, when an overfed water buffalo approaches my aisle.:sadcam:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Being morbidly obese is preventable.
My thinking on this has evolved with time. I'm not convinced this is true for people in her strata of obesity. You must admit she is an extreme outlier

Considering how rare it is for someone to be THAT size, I'm starting to think there may be underlying health issues such as mental disorders, hormone imbalances, etc.

I'd understand if she was just moderately fat, but to be big on this level requires extenuating circumstances beyond self control and weight watchers.

Also, it dawned on me a while ago that many of us who chastise obese people on her level are speaking from a position of privilege.

It never dawned on me until later in life that many of us really did win a genetic lottery of sorts and may have unrealistic expectations for others. For example, no matter what I do I am incapable of weighing more than 180 lbs. My diet is absolutely trash and I can eat untold amounts of carbs, fats, sugars etc without gaining weight. As the cherry on top of this metaphorical, pun-filled cake; my blood tests are normal and I lack health issues.

I'm not particularly active either. Now compare this to another person with a bad set of genes, compounded with comorbidities such as mental instability, food-drug interactions from other ailments, kidney issues, and thyroid or ghrelin issues . Such a person would see weight build up almost instantly but still be held to the same standard as myself or other ectomorphs.

And much like other privileges (wealth, race, family, sex, nationality, education, etc) this isn't a binary scenario of either being me, a high functioning ectomorph, or being like that woman on the plane. You may have others slightly beneath me who gain moderate weight, but can work it off. But many more beneath them who must work even harder to keep it off in a societal sliding scale, until you reach the unfortunate woman in the video who would be at the bottom of that scale.

Last edited:

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
She's way too big and should focus on lifestyle changes up to and including gastric bypass because there isn't an aisle wide enough to comfortably accommodate her level of heft.

HOWEVER, corporate greed has even normal sized passengers packed in like sardines because it was more profitable to add extra seats/rows and eliminate leg room and we've all just accepted it as our fate for being too cheap/poor for first class.