Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker

Hundreds turned away from Atlanta IRS office as tax deadline looms​

On good to come out of rafeal /. Make it happen

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
i owe 12k

around a $40k refund
:whew:
pawpaw-thinking.gif

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
If I owe taxes can I still file an extension
yes, but keep in mind you still have to pay today to file an extension. Just make sure the check you mail is post marked 4/15/2024, (go to the post office and ask them to post mark it before mailing.) and they'll accept it.
You will just pay an estimated amount based on a prior year return for the extension, then when you file the actual return prior to Oct 15th, you'll only have to pay the difference or you will get refunded if you overpaid.
If you have a CPA or an accountant, they can send you a voucher with instructions

moniemane

Pro
Supporter
Daps
yes, but keep in mind you still have to pay today to file an extension. Just make sure the check you mail is post marked 4/15/2024, (go to the post office and ask them to post mark it before mailing.) and they'll accept it.
You will just pay an estimated amount based on a prior year return for the extension, then when you file the actual return prior to Oct 15th, you'll only have to pay the difference or you will get refunded if you overpaid.
I just filed a extension I payed nothing they give you the option to pay something I chose zero

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
I have no idea what this means

I pay up front what I think I owe ?

I’ve had extensions filed for me before and im
Sure the ppl who filed them for me didn’t do this

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I just filed a extension I payed nothing they give you the option to pay something I chose zero
As long as you don't expect to owe anything thats fine, but you have to pay your estimated tax balance by the original due date to avoid penalties.
The extension doesn't give you extra time to pay. just extra time to file.