Have we discussed@chocolatequeen trying to get people to diss black men to save her white daddy?

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.

blackestofpanthers

God forgives, you are forgiven.
Daps
Reppin
Bay area

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
I was talking about it in general, not you in particular.:pachaha:

We get bash if we say it or don't impress it, we can't win:russ:
Yeah I know, obviously someone calling ur hair nappy with negative connotations is going to be taking offensively, but even the one time someone said it to me in a derogatory manner didn't offend me. I didn't grow up with that word like that. I love my hair (obviously) so I would never call it something I consider negative. But I will say I understand now why some people got offended, it is a word that was used to demean black peoples hair. I embrace my blackness with all that I am nothing you can say about my hair, my lips, nose, or skin can offend me because I'm proud of them. And I'm not saying that people who take offense at the word are not proud of their features, I'm just saying for me personally stuff like that don't bother me.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
so if nappy is offensive to some & some accept it and think it's not really bad :jbhmm: why can't nikkas call women bytches? :jbhmm:

Connotation and context is key. Apply the I can talk about my family but you can't talk about my family type thing. Same reason a white person can't say nikka. Same reason a Mexican can joke about being "wet back" or there can be a tv show called FOB (fresh off the boat) but if a non-Asian said it it could be offensive. We all have groups that we belong to where jokes and negative things said with love are ok in-house. At the same time some people who are in the group still find it offensive. It's not hard.

Last edited: