"Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs Are On Top" **Superbowl Champions Eagles OffSeason Thread**

Nintendough

#Kliq
Daps
Reppin
Eagles, Canes, Kliq, Sixers
Lets put it in the universe that his injuries are behind him.. lets talk it into to existence because we need him. He is an outstanding backer.. lets just hope for the best breh.

EDIT: but even if what you were saying was correct. We still don't have the cap to carry someone of his caliber. Nor do I believe he would sign just in hopes he gets some run IF Hicks gets injured.

Hicks ain't going no where. He'd be dumb, Eagles actually like him and are willing to give him a chance despite being fragile.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
ok7fA0W.jpg

:banderas:

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
I think its a matter of our cap and his status. Plus he is more of an ILB... we have Hicks who can be a top 5 ILB.

Lets put it in the universe that his injuries are behind him.. lets talk it into to existence because we need him. He is an outstanding backer.. lets just hope for the best breh.

EDIT: but even if what you were saying was correct. We still don't have the cap to carry someone of his caliber. Nor do I believe he would sign just in hopes he gets some run IF Hicks gets injured.

I think the Eagles got about 2-3 million in cap space right now. They will have some more once people like Matt Jones are cut :mjlol:.

We dont need immediately Bowman cause Kamu earned that third linebacker spot this preseson. He has looked good:ehh:.

But unlike Kendricks, Kamu is an unknown. He could be nice but he could be trash on defense once the real games start.

Given Hicks injury history, I just want us to be proactive. Only spot we dont have depth at is at linebacker. It wouldnt hurt to have a veteran in that linebacker room. They should work Bowman out and if he checks out, sign him after final cuts, let him take a few weeks to understand Schwartz's defense.

And if needed he is ready to go. It wouldnt hurt to have him in that Ellerbe, Najee Goode or Joe Walker 4th linebacker spot.

He signed last year for 3 million and he could get some burn in base formation. I think he would take 2 million or even the veteran minimum to play for the defending champs in a limited role. Beats sitting at home.:manny:

Only thing I wonder with him is he capable or willing to play special team coverage :patrice:.

this..plus Bowman is a 2 down LB....Eagles like most teams want a LB who can cover...at least a little bit....Bowman would be a last ditch...super desperate signing like Ellerbee was last year

When Hicks went down, I thought Ellerbe was signed mainly for mlb position in base formation with Kendricks and Bradham outside. He was decent in that role. He was definitely better than Joe Walker in that spot.

When Hicks went down. In Nickel and other formations, it was kendricks and bradham on the field. We dont have the luxury of Kendricks this year.

They are placing alot of faith in Kamu (well deserved since he has been good in the preseason)

But if Hicks or Bradham or both go down. It would be good to have a veteran like Bowman to back them up if Kamu cant cut it and since he is not a strong cover linebacker anymore, he is still serviceable in Base formation in the middle.

Last edited:

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
I'm keeping Smallwood if its up to me. I've seen him play well in NFL games and he's still only 24.

If they don't think they can get Adams on the practise roster, I'd understand keeping him though

Pump and Jones can:camby:

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
I think the Eagles got about 2-3 million in cap space right now. They will have some more once people like Matt Jones are cut :mjlol:.

We dont need immediately Bowman cause Kamu earned that third linebacker spot this preseson. He has looked good:ehh:.

But unlike Kendricks, Kamu is an unknown. He could be nice but he could be trash on defense once the real games start.

Given Hicks injury history, I just want us to be proactive. Only spot we dont have depth at is at linebacker. It wouldnt hurt to have a veteran in that linebacker room. They should work Bowman out and if he checks out, sign him after final cuts, let him take a few weeks to understand Schwartz's defense.

And if needed he is ready to go. It wouldnt hurt to have him in that Ellerbe, Najee Goode or Joe Walker 4th linebacker spot.

He signed last year for 3 million and he could get some burn in base formation. I think he would take 2 million or even the veteran minimum to play for the defending champs in a limited role. Beats sitting at home.:manny:

Only thing I wonder with him is he capable or willing to play special team coverage :patrice:.

When Hicks went down, I thought Ellerbe was signed mainly for mlb position in base formation with Kendricks and Bradham outside. He was decent in that role. He was definitely better than Joe Walker in that spot.

When Hicks went down. In Nickel and other formations, it was kendricks and bradham on the field. We dont have the luxury of Kendricks this year.

They are placing alot of faith in Kamu (well deserved since he has been good in the preseason)

But if Hicks or Bradham or both go down. It would be good to have a veteran like Bowman to back them up if Kamu cant cut it and since he is not a strong cover linebacker anymore, he is still serviceable in Base formation in the middle.

you are correct, Ellerbee was signed to be a MLB but he is limited- Hicks is a 3 down guy , Ellerbee is a 2 down guy like Bowman- I just dont see them signing Bowman unless they are super dsperate

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

We may have stumbled upon the heir apparent at Left Tackle when 71 hangs it up.:whoo:.

Look wat he picked up in a a few months, just imagine wat he could do when he is fully developed.

Already at the same level as Big V so far and he is 6 8 and 350 and moves like a cat.

Yooooo Baldy brought the heat on that one. Only yesterday I said he was super raw and may need 2 years. Now we have someone with great football knowledge lauding the kid. If that wasn't just a flash in the pan performance and he truly does build off that... yea, we're good AF for the future.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Yooooo Baldy brought the heat on that one. Only yesterday I said he was super raw and may need 2 years. Now we have someone with great football knowledge lauding the kid. If that wasn't just a flash in the pan performance and he truly does build off that... yea, we're good AF for the future.
Yup, like I said a few pages back the tackle situation around the league is so poor there's no way he's getting through waivers untouched. We're gonna have no choice but to keep him on the 53, even if the team wants no part of him seeing the field in real games this season.

Daps
Yup, like I said a few pages back the tackle situation around the league is so poor there's no way he's getting through waivers untouched. We're gonna have no choice but to keep him on the 53, even if the team wants no part of him seeing the field in real games this season.

To add on to what you been saying this big mahfukka is only 21 years old and his first time stepping on to a professional football field was preseason week 1 and he didnt get embarrassed. :dwillhuh:

I know its not meaningful games yet :hubie:

He's raw as fukk and we can all see that but he has some buzz around his name and unless we toss him on IR to stash him on the PS id rather roll the dice on him than the other fringe tackles like Pryor and Toth :manny:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
To add on to what you been saying this big mahfukka is only 21 years old and his first time stepping on to a professional football field was preseason week 1 and he didnt get embarrassed. :dwillhuh:

I know its not meaningful games yet :hubie:

He's raw as fukk and we can all see that but he has some buzz around his name and unless we toss him on IR to stash him on the PS id rather roll the dice on him than the other fringe tackles like Pryor and Toth :manny:
this is his first time ever playing football and if you took the names off the jerseys you would think that was Big V's first time playing football

68 is making the team. i want the fukkery of him being a FB on goal-line and watch him get in the endzone :mjgrin:

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
this is his first time ever playing football and if you took the names off the jerseys you would think that was Big V's first time playing football

68 is making the team. i want the fukkery of him being a FB on goal-line and watch him get in the endzone :mjgrin:
This is where him playing rugby will help him out. Dude can legit truck motherfukkers from 5 yards out

As a Samoan I'm really :mjcry::salute:at how far he has come. I told my cousins back In NZ/Australia this could be another Jarrod Hayne sitaution. But the big uso is doing well considering dude played his first game of football 3 weeks ago