"Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs Are On Top" **Superbowl Champions Eagles OffSeason Thread**

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Howie is a GOT DAMN FIEND :russ: @Box Factory

That weight clause literally had me bust out laughing

That pick gonna end up being a HOF player :mjlol:

The other unusual case involves Mike Wallace, going from Baltimore to Philadelphia. As I mentioned above, the Eagles are a team that have been largely ignored in recent comp pick studies, but historically this is mistaken to do so. From 2004 to 2011, the Eagles got multiple comp picks in six of those eight drafts, and were second only to Baltimore in the most total comp picks awarded. Howie Roseman was a high level executive with the team during those times, and looking at how he’s crafted some of his CFA signings, there are signs that he just as determined as Ozzie Newsome, Bill Belichick, or John Elway in manipulating the comp pick system.

This brings us back to Wallace. Early reports had his Eagles’ deal as one year and “up to” $4 million. However, it was soon discovered that there was plenty of funny money in that deal. $2.o85 million of that $4 million are in Likely To Be Earned incentives, and among the most laughable was a $585,000 weight bonus to be earned by reporting to offseason workouts under 250 pounds. It’s laughable because Wallace, a wide receiver, has consistently played at a relatively svelte 200 pounds. But the comp pick formula shines insight on this unusual bonus, as it’s established that weight bonuses do not count. (See Terrance Knighton demoting a comp pick for Denver in 2016.)

But it doesn’t end there. Wallace’s $1 million signing bonus is actually an OATSB–Other Amount Treated As Signing Bonus. OTC also believes that this OATSB is a guaranteed workout bonus. Although it’s unclear how the comp pick formula will judge such a payment, it has been very consistent in not counting workout bonuses of any kind. Because there are many signs suggesting that the Eagles are manipulating the formula with Wallace’s contract, I’m therefore guessing that this $1 million will not count either. If that guess is correct, all that’s left to count is Wallace’s veteran minimum base salary of $915,000, and while he could still qualify if he plays enough snaps, currently that’s not enough to break the current qualification limit of $1 million.

The end result? If Wallace does not qualify, as I have it so right now, it opens up an additional 6th rounder to Philadelphia for Patrick Robinson, and it potentially costs Baltimore a 7th for Wallace.

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Be real interesting with the RB situation

Basically pump,Smallwood, Jones and Adams all fighting for the 4th spot
I still kinda like Smallwood. Maybe he's kind of a long shot at this point after he fell out of the rotation last year, but he's who I'd hope wins a spot. He's had some flashes here.

I'm sure I'll end up happy with whoever wins it though :manny:

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
I really hope most of the players decline that white house invitation to the point that agent Orange, to save face, has to rescind our invitation just like he did to the warriors.

Maybe have Lane Johnson (if he doesnt support that man :manny:(just being realistic)) talk that shyt and have little twitter fingers go off on him.

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
image_uploaded_from_ios.jpg

:what: he actually spent time out of his day to write this letter