"Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs Are On Top" **Superbowl Champions Eagles OffSeason Thread**

Goodnews

All Star
Daps
How do y'all feel about the plan to move Jalen to slot whenever there are 3+ WRs on the field this year? I know we drafted Avonte Maddox to be the future slot guy but I like this idea because it will give Sidney Jones and Rasul Douglas snaps on the outside. The way it looks now Sidney is sure to take over for Darby when he's gone and getting reps for the homie Rasul Douglas to evaluate him before deciding on his contract worth is important at that expensive position. Avonte can earn his way on special teams and emergency situations while our top four CBs compete unless he snatches that slot position in camp.

Other possibilities include
Rasul taking up part-time safety duty because he doesn't have great top end speed but he has good ballskills.
Sidney Jones really being THAT nikka.

While not the best I like our dudes and they do have Malcolm as the unit captain and that Dline in front of them.

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
How do y'all feel about the plan to move Jalen to slot whenever there are 3+ WRs on the field this year? I know we drafted Avonte Maddox to be the future slot guy but I like this idea because it will give Sidney Jones and Rasul Douglas snaps on the outside. The way it looks now Sidney is sure to take over for Darby when he's gone and getting reps for the homie Rasul Douglas to evaluate him before deciding on his contract worth is important at that expensive position. Avonte can earn his way on special teams and emergency situations while our top four CBs compete unless he snatches that slot position in camp.

Other possibilities include
Rasul taking up part-time safety duty because he doesn't have great top end speed but he has good ball skills.
Sidney Jones really being THAT nikka.

While not the best I like our dudes and they do have Malcolm as the unit captain and that Dline in front of them.

Its anyone's guess who has the primary duty in the slot, u gotta factor in Jenkins occasionally in the slot too.

It doesn't really matter, Patrick Robinson played inside and outside so whoever has the slot spot will see time out there too.

Barring injury Maddox is likely to not see time there either (May even end up on the practice squad). Its gonna be Darby Jones and Mills. Rasul may get that Corey Graham role when Malcolm goes into the slot with Darby and Jones or Mills on the outside and him at safety.

Like i said before its a blessing we have an embarrassment of riches at the corners, been a while since I could say that.

Last edited:

Goodnews

All Star
Daps
Damn I wonder if he was playing through this which is why his play kind of decline towards the end of year and playoffs

Sources: Eagles' Jernigan has back surgery

The injury easily could have ended Jernigan's time in Philadelphia, with the Eagles releasing him and declining to pay him, since he suffered the injury during an offseason workout in March. Instead, the Eagles reworked his contract. They will still pay him the $3 million that's guaranteed for this season, under the original terms of the four-year, $48 million extension he signed in November. But they will no longer be liable for the $11 million guaranteed that was due in 2019 as part of the deal.

It sound like they had an easy way out of his contract and instead of cutting him outright the team decided to at least give him a chance to come back to earn some of that big contract he signed.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)