Has The Power Gap Between Consoles & PC Ever Been Wider Than It Is Now?

SymbolicOne09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was a time when consoles couldn't even run PC games until the original Xbox released. I feel like the gap is closer than ever, maybe not if you're talking purely resolution and fps.
No dreamcast had unreal tournament and quake 3...

Snes had doom

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
That's obvious. I played Destiny 2 on both and it looked good on PS5 but the PC version you see everything. I didn't even know there were that many explosions. The good thing for console players is they never experienced this so they don't know what they're missing. I'm thinking about selling my ps5 because it really has no use for me.

This is what it comes down to at the end of the day. Anyone who's played on both will tell you it's very hard to back to consoles once u experienced pc gaming the right way.

But there's BILLIONS of people who never experienced pc gaming and don't care too. That's why they have consoles.

The good thing is between cross play and discord the connectivity between pc and consoles have come a long way.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
But there's BILLIONS of people who never experienced pc gaming and don't care too. That's why they have consoles.
:what: almost 50% of households world wide, have a desktop computer. Billions of people have access to a home computer. Thats why games like league of legends, counter strike, among us are so popular is that 99% of computers can play them.

pS4 is the most successful console of all time at 110 or so million sales. league of legends, ONE pc game, has more players than that.

This forum is truly in an alternate universe at times. Your statement here is the complete opposite of reality.

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
:what: almost 50% of households world wide, have a desktop computer. Billions of people have access to a home computer. Thats why games like league of legends, counter strike, among us are so popular is that 99% of computers can play them.

pS4 is the most successful console of all time at 110 or so million sales. league of legends, ONE pc game, has more players than that.

This forum is truly in an alternate universe at times. Your statement here is the complete opposite of reality.
That’s what I was saying. nikkas say they not spending 1500+ on a gaming PC and then go spend +1500 on a MacBook or surface pro, or get a console and an IPad.

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
i have a high tier gaming pc and a ps5 and life is good :noah:

i beat the bots on the ps5 but i havent been able to grab a 3080,

would love to tho :beli:

id say the gap is smaller now with the ps5 compared to the average pc gamers rig,

most ppl dont have the 3k rigs, youd be suprised how many ppl still running the 10 series and lower end cards still

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!

"Anyone who's played on both will tell you it's very hard to go back to consoles once u experienced pc gaming THE RIGHT WAY"

If u gonna quote me quote the whole damn post. No one is talking about no damn League of legends/Counter strike being played on a old ass dell.

You and everyone else in here knew exactly what i was talking about. We are in a topic where we are discussing power gaps and u bring up LoL??? Stop fishing for daps.

Last edited:

SymbolicOne09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the golden age of pc gaming was 97-2006 after that most multiplatform games took a backseat to consoles (limited mod support) ( no custom servers/maps) xbox live fukked the game up when they convinced people that paying for online gaming was a necessity (although now i like gamepass)

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Most games being released are optimized for consoles, so you wont even see the full benefit of the cards and processor unless the developer lets the mod community exist for the game.

The benefit of getting a PC is less to do with significantly better looking games and more to do with the need to not upgrade. In theory if you have the latest hardware in your PC you should be able to run games for 10+ years without needing to upgrade.

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
PCs and consoles are pretty close right now. The hardware feature set and APIs are closer than ever. There is nothing that a PC can do that the consoles can’t and vice versa.

In the here and now consoles are about equivalent RTX 2070 tier/RX5700xt videocards.
And that is mostly off of last generation launch ports which don’t utilize the API or cache or memory improvements of RDNA2.

Its a bit disingenuous to compare an RTX 3090 to a Series X or PS5. Its was put out merely to claim ‘most powerful videocard’ by Nvidia. Its a steep price and its the definition of diminishing returns and is very unbalanced in its design. Its merely there to be top of the cards. And even then, any game that taxes an RTX 3090 and maintains a 60fps average, a current console would be able to match most of the fidelity at 30fps.

Xbox Series X and PS5 are fantastic consoles that were well designed for the time that they released.

When Ampere next and RDNA3 come out, that is when we can have real discussions about consoles holding back PCs.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
"Anyone who's played on both will tell you it's very hard to go back to consoles once u experienced pc gaming THE RIGHT WAY"

If u gonna quote me quote the whole damn post. No one is talking about no damn League of legends/Counter strike being played on a old ass dell.

You and everyone else in here knew exactly what i was talking about. We are in a topic where we are discussing power gaps and u bring up LoL??? Stop fishing for daps.
i wasnt responding to your whole post. I was responding to a single stupid statement you made. The statement above that you quoted, has absolutely nothing to do with the other stupid statement you made earlier that I quoted. They arent relatable. So I had no reason to quote it.

There is nothing that a PC can do that the consoles can’t and vice versa.

And even then, any game that taxes an RTX 3090 and maintains a 60fps average, a current console would be able to match most of the fidelity at 30fps.

Seek legit help. Like therapist level of help. This level of delusion is not ok for one person to walk around with.