Has The Power Gap Between Consoles & PC Ever Been Wider Than It Is Now?

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Why is this the case nowadays?

Wasn't there a time around the mid 2000s where the 360 and Ps3 were more powerful than a PC for like a year? Until like 2007?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
We haven’t even see what the next gen consoles are capable of it’s been like 5 months

:laff: man like.. does your brain actually process this bull shyt before you hit submit.. its not physically, literally or any way possible for consoles to fukk with PCs :dahell: its not in the cards, never was in the cards and never will in be in the cards.. 30 years later and you still putting your hand in the oven getting burnt on the same fairy tale :dahell: you're like 40 years old, how is it possible to be this old and niave :dahell: if you saw a ferrari and a base honda civic (before some dumb fukk links me some $100,000 souped up civic) on a freeway, do you think to yourself "well gee golly man we havnt seen what the civic can really do after 60 mph with no traffic :troll: " :dahell:

Why is this the case nowadays?

Wasn't there a time around the mid 2000s where the 360 and Ps3 were more powerful than a PC for like a year? Until like 2007?

never

Again we're here. PCs with graphics cards that are twice as much as an entire consoles. For the graphics card price alone it better be (if you can find one for MSRP,)

arent consoles going through the same exact issue? MAfukkAS RETARDED on this here site I tell ya

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
There was a time when consoles couldn't even run PC games until the original Xbox released. I feel like the gap is closer than ever, maybe not if you're talking purely resolution and fps.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The “gap” itself is meaningless.

tech moves fast there’s always some better tech coming soon.

What matters is affordability and practicality for consumers.

Right now the consoles hold a very attractive affordability prospect compared to the PC space. Probably the best we’ve seen ever. For $500 you can have the equivalent to a ~$1500-$2000 PC

So OP got it backwards. The question should be “ has the affordability gap ever been wider than it is right now between consoles and PC”

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
What do you play this non existent 400 PS5 (because they are only being resold at higher price :umad: ) on ? It plugs into nothing ?
I agree with almost everything you said in this thread but I definitely got mine from Target for MSRP (disk version) with no bots or nothing. Get on Twitter and follow Wario64 and other big gamer accounts...you can grab one

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Right. Ionno why PC dukes always wanna chest thump about this. As if you paying anywhere from 2-5 times as much for a piece of tech wouldn't blow the lesser costing tech out of the water. It's supposed to. It'd be one thing if you could build these pcs at the same price or less or just barely more than current hardware. Maybe 5 years from now, you can.

Thing is, to most folks, it doesn't even matter as much and at the end of the day, it's diminishing returns. Sure, it's all cool if you got the money to burn, I suppose. Even then tho, to most the ends doesn't justify the means as far as that goes. Are there even 10 games that are only on PC that are truly flexing all that peddle to the metal on all sides really? Among the top 10 pc games played don't even require all that extra horsepower. And the other funny flipside of this coin is, the average pc gamer aren't even on all this extra flex tip with their rigs anyway. Just a few elitists types of that spend all that money to overcompensate for other areas they lacking.

I use to feel the same you do, until I switched to PC

because of the pandemic I'm about a cop a damn flight simulator chair that rumbles and moves, and teach myself how to fly an airplane

real PC gamers need expensive hardware because it's the only way to get the desired results, nobody has time to around and get older for the stuff to get cheaper, life is too short and there's no guarantee prices will drop because parts are scarce, I brought my graphics card scalped on ebay and right now it's selling for a 1000 more on stock x so I could literally sell the card for 1000 profit right now.

The elite snob pc gamers are the people who don't have powerful graphics card, they have decent graphics card, that's why they always talking about 1440p frames because they can't play 4k with high frame rates

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I paid $399 for my $PS5 and about $180 for my Series X. I'd have to drop at least $1500 on a decent pc to keep up with that with the shortage right now.

Price to performance at MSRP is true but at this point unless your bot game is on point you'd be better off with a console.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:laff: man like.. does your brain actually process this bull shyt before you hit submit.. its not physically, literally or any way possible for consoles to fukk with PCs :dahell: its not in the cards, never was in the cards and never will in be in the cards.. 30 years later and you still putting your hand in the oven getting burnt on the same fairy tale :dahell: you're like 40 years old, how is it possible to be this old and niave :dahell: if you saw a ferrari and a base honda civic (before some dumb fukk links me some $100,000 souped up civic) on a freeway, do you think to yourself "well gee golly man we havnt seen what the civic can really do after 60 mph with no traffic :troll: " :dahell:

never

arent consoles going through the same exact issue? MAfukkAS RETARDED on this here site I tell ya
:russ:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I think the gap was wider right before these new consoles dropped

I think the gap became the largest it's ever been when the 3080 and 3090 dropped.

We are still generations away from a console being able to do native 4k at 60 fps or higher...while for pc cards legit exist that can do 4k at 100 fps or higher...

I mean forget native 4k, is there ANY game on a console that runs at 100 fps...period ?

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Right. Ionno why PC dukes always wanna chest thump about this. As if you paying anywhere from 2-5 times as much for a piece of tech wouldn't blow the lesser costing tech out of the water. It's supposed to. It'd be one thing if you could build these pcs at the same price or less or just barely more than current hardware. Maybe 5 years from now, you can.

Thing is, to most folks, it doesn't even matter as much and at the end of the day, it's diminishing returns. Sure, it's all cool if you got the money to burn, I suppose. Even then tho, to most the ends doesn't justify the means as far as that goes. Are there even 10 games that are only on PC that are truly flexing all that peddle to the metal on all sides really? Among the top 10 pc games played don't even require all that extra horsepower. And the other funny flipside of this coin is, the average pc gamer aren't even on all this extra flex tip with their rigs anyway. Just a few elitists types of that spend all that money to overcompensate for other areas they lacking.

folk dropping 1.5 - 3K to take screenshots to flex. :mjlol: have a whole steam library and ain't finished barely anything, fiddling with graphics.