Has The Power Gap Between Consoles & PC Ever Been Wider Than It Is Now?

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
I promise you there have been very few people on here that paid over retail for their consoles lol

If we’re jsut gonna assume people are paying over retail we can do the same thing with the new graphic cards that are going for like 2 stacks on ebay
But u don’t need a 2 stack GPU to be better than console. Probably 500-600 right now though.
Best Buy just had a prebuilt PC in stock for last two days with a rtx 3070 and an i7 chip for 1600 bucks

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
But u don’t need a 2 stack GPU to be better than console. Probably 500-600 right now though.
Best Buy just had a prebuilt PC in stock for last two days with a rtx 3070 and an i7 chip for 1600 bucks

Ok thats literally 4 times the cost of a PS5 lol

But it’s clearly not 4 times as powerful

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
Ok thats literally 4 times the cost of a PS5 lol

But it’s clearly not 4 times as powerful
U get what you pay for my guy. Nothing wrong with console but stop trying to compare them to Pc. shyt ain’t the same my guy

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
U get what you pay for my guy. Nothing wrong with console but stop trying to compare them to Pc. shyt ain’t the same my guy

I didn’t compare them at all, OP did. I did the exact opposite, i said why are you comparing something that cost 4x’s+ the cost of something else. lol

The fact that you even need to spend that much to get a better pc than current gen consoles proves that its a great bang for your buck.

Imagine if consoles cost a 1000 dollars?

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean it should be a given that you not going to be running any game in 4k at 100fps with ray tracing on :russ:

Digital Foundry makes up so much bullshyt that I don't see how anyone can view them as an authority on anything :mjlol:

These the same guys who said RDR2 ran at native 4k on the xbox one "because somehow it just did" only for rockstar themselves to say they could finally run the game in native 4k like they always wanted on the pc version. Rockstar said that some of the lowest graphical settings on the pc version are still higher than the settings on the xbox one x version but digitial foundry is telling me it runs at native 4k on the xbox one:mjlol:

They also have

That's obvious. I played Destiny 2 on both and it looked good on PS5 but the PC version you see everything. I didn't even know there were that many explosions. The good thing for console players is they never experienced this so they don't know what they're missing. I'm thinking about selling my ps5 because it really has no use for me.

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
Plenty of games on console doing 4k 60 and mfs in here talking bout can consoles do 4k 60 :mjlol:. Cold war doing 4k 120 so is mcc on series x. Takes a 1500 to 2000 computer to equal a series x or ps5. On top of having to spend 200-300 on a monitor on top that

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Console is much better bang for your buck.

But as a tech head I love my PC. I also enjoy playing games at 200 plus frames with M/KB.

Trying WZ on console after hundreds of games on PC is just :hhh:

They gotta at least give a FOV option on console, game looks like slow motion.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
It is exponentially easier to find a console at retail than a 30XX GPU. The markup on GPUs are worse, too.
Not even true. We’ve already figured out a work around for that. If you buy pre built pcs since they have priority on nvidia inventory you can get one fairly easy and some with no mark up or some with very little mark up.

But hey if you want the title of lowest priced gaming option, im not going to argue :hubie: the broke crowd also needs options to play call of duty :hubie:

If yall know, factually, a PC costs more than a console, but also out performs it easily, then whats the thread about? Delusion, obviously, to even compare the 2. Want to feel good about a purchase? Possibly. Other than that ive never understood the comparison. They both play games, and PCs do it 100x better. So why compare? Whats the argument?

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Not even true. We’ve already figured out a work around for that. If you buy pre built pcs since they have priority on nvidia inventory you can get one fairly easy and some with no mark up or some with very little mark up.

But hey if you want the title of lowest priced gaming option, im not going to argue :hubie: the broke crowd also needs options to play call of duty :hubie:

If yall know, factually, a PC costs more than a console, but also out performs it easily, then whats the thread about? Delusion, obviously, to even compare the 2. Want to feel good about a purchase? Possibly. Other than that ive never understood the comparison. They both play games, and PCs do it 100x better. So why compare? Whats the argument?
Number one, eat a dikk trying to make a corny broke joke.

Number two, I have zero need for a whole computer, my computer is fine, I'd just like a new GPU.

Number three, I've been flipping consoles since November. I've had at least 10, while bagging zero GPUs.

Number four, The Arcadium would be much better without your fakkitry. You're the PC part to the Unholy Trinity with Court and Gizmo, but at least they're entertaining :pacspit:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The consoles actually have decent power this gen, relatively speaking, at least compared to last gen. I think they'll age better this go around if they don't start trying to push RT more than the hardware can support it. 60FPS should be a better target.

To answer the question, no I think the gap was bigger last gen because how horrible the CPU was.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Number one, eat a dikk trying to make a corny broke joke.

Number two, I have zero need for a whole computer, my computer is fine, I'd just like a new GPU.

Number three, I've been flipping consoles since November. I've had at least 10, while bagging zero GPUs.

Number four, The Arcadium would be much better without your fakkitry. You're the PC part to the Unholy Trinity with Court and Gizmo, but at least they're entertaining :pacspit:
I barely post here :dead: :umad:only a broke boy would get upset at the reality of what I said :dead: it wasnt even directed at you brokey