Has anything downgraded more than McDonalds?

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
It was right above Shoney’s breakfast buffet and right below Kings Dominion on the excitement scale :wow:
Pizza Hut had everything. Arcade games, a salad bar. My pops could cop a pack of Kools on his way out. Might ask my mother for a quarter to play Funk Cold Medina on the juke box

Memories :wow:

Speaking of Kings Dominion remember when it was basically a Hanna Barbera theme park?

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Pizza Hut had everything. Arcade games, a salad bar. My pops could cop a pack of Kools on his way out. Might ask my mother for a quarter to play Funk Cold Medina on the juke box

Memories :wow:

Speaking of Kings Dominion remember when it was basically a Hanna Barbera theme park?
That’s the only Kings Dominion I know and love breh :wow:

Still got flicks of me with Fred and Barney looking like a straight goober :mjcry::wow:

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I went to a brand new McDonald’s a few weeks back. I walk in and there’s nobody up in there. Just a few touch screen order menus. Then you pay and then some dude comes out the cut with your food.

shyts crazy. I remember when the place was filled with families, kids playing and the decor were the McDonald’s characters everywhere.

shyts sad

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wendy’s, their shyt used to be actual food and really good. They are hot garbage these days
This. Before the chicken craze, Wendy’s was the spot with their Spicy Chicken sandwiches. Lets not even talk about the first couple of waves of their spicy nuggets. Even the revitalized fries and un-pressed burgers was a good move. Now they fell off and have fast casual prices with garbage tier food. Very disappointed in them.

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
1. Them McDs with the playgrounds wasnt everywhere when I was a kid, in fact very few locations had that.
2. The food is falling over for two reason, companies are using cheaper and less ingfredients and gen -z entering the workforce en-mass and they dont give not one fukk about customer service, food presentation etc.. They will fukk up your order more often than not. and overcook/undercook the shyt out of your food. If you call it out they'll either say "well uhh, that's the way it comes". or ice grill you.

last time I had a whataburger 6 people quit during the lunch rush, all looking like they werent too far removed from highschool. I get it, and some ways applaud the low tolerance for workplace abuse etc. I had and still maintain that rebellious, take no shyt mindset, but the reckless manner in which they quit so easily , some dont even get 3 paychecks before bouncing. Idunno, man.

3. If it aint Chic fil a, you wont even sniff anything close to customer service

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
There was an article a few years back about the many reasons for it

“The original thought with restaurants like McDonald’s was to aim at a family audience, so you could get customers for life,” Moeller says. “That’s what drove the playgrounds and the toys, all very kid-friendly stuff. Over the past few years, they’ve decided to become more adult, with clean lines and colors that will appeal to you while you’re eating. No more of those hard chairs that are designed to get people up and out for the sake of throughput. They try to make it comfortable so older adults from 30 to 60 can go in and feel comfortable enjoying the fast food they grew up on but in a more welcoming environment.”

I notice a lot of older people use McD's as where they sit and interact with each other all day.

BushidoBrown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

How do you go from that to the current boring soulless grey monstrosity? :what: Even the Big Macs and French Fries dont taste the same anymore.

all the food taste like it was grown out of a test tube now :hhh:
artificial, tasteless, plastic-y
the coffee isnt even coffee its some brown syrup they add hot water to:hhh:
never seen 1 franchise put less effort into their core products