harry potter weekend

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Goblet of fire was turnt. Second favorite. Worst one was order of the Phoenix. Boring book and movie.
Yeah order of the phoenix really was the most boring :ld:

even though important things happened it felt kinda like a filler book and movie for some reason

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC
For me, the books go

1) Goblet of Fire
2) Half Blood Prince
3) Prisoner of Azkaban
4) Deathly Hallows
5) Order of the Phoenix
6) Chamber of Secrets
7) Sorcerer's Stone

I'm actually in the middle of rereading the series now and just finished Goblet, so this list will probably change

For movies, it's

1) Prisoner of Azkaban
2) Goblet of Fire
3) Hallows pt II
4)Half Blood Prince
5) Sorcerer's Stone
6) Hallows pt I
7) Phoenix
8) Chamber of Secrets

I actually shed tears watching the last film :mjcry:
it was like saying goodbye to a part of my youth;

Sorcerer's Stone was the reason I started reading and writing :to: Emma Watson was the first white woman I fell in love with :to:

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I will never forget reading Prisoner of Azkaban and having my mind blown during the part where Sirius and Lupin broke everything down and caught Pettigrew.

I was literally reading it like :ohhh::mindblown::ohlawd:
They played that part well in the movie

All three of them had seen better days. Pettigrew was a dirty rat, Sirius was...off and twitchy from his time in Azkaban, and lupin was extremely run down after all his years as a werewolf.

You expect the good guys to be better off after all this time but they're all downtrodden meanwhile deatheaters like lucius malfoy are still rich and have kids in school now.:ohhh:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
For me, the books go

1) Goblet of Fire
2) Half Blood Prince
3) Prisoner of Azkaban
4) Deathly Hallows
5) Order of the Phoenix
6) Chamber of Secrets
7) Sorcerer's Stone

I'm actually in the middle of rereading the series now and just finished Goblet, so this list will probably change

For movies, it's

1) Prisoner of Azkaban
2) Goblet of Fire
3) Hallows pt II
4)Half Blood Prince
5) Sorcerer's Stone
6) Hallows pt I
7) Phoenix
8) Chamber of Secrets

I actually shed tears watching the last film :mjcry:
it was like saying goodbye to a part of my youth;

Sorcerer's Stone was the reason I started reading and writing :to: Emma Watson was the first white woman I fell in love with :to:

I agree with the sentiments but not your lists.

Books
1. Order of the Phoenix- I know most hate it but it goes deep into Harry's psyche, and I love me some Harry!
2. Half Blood Prince- it was like the Empire Strikes Back of the series. The battle, the death of Dumbledore, & the supposed betrayal ofSnape :wow:
3.Goblet of Fire- that's when shyt started getting real
4. Azkaban- enjoyed the twists in the middle. Not a fan of the time turner device, still don't really buy it:patrice:
5. The Deathly Hallows- good tie ups, still mad about Fred tho:ufdup:
6. Philosopher's Stone- good start
7. Chamber of Secrets- poorly written but still interesting

Movies
1. Azkaban- Alfonso Cauron, nuff said!
2. Deathly Hallows pt 1. Love the Ron/Harry tension and seeing things fall apart
3. Order of Phoenix- the Ministry battle:ohlawd:
4. Chamber of Secrets- did a better job than the book on many parts
5. Goblet of Fire- fun and dark in the right places but too much teenage melodrama and bad acting
6. Sorcerers Stone- good first entry. Acting is kinda bad though
7. Deathly Hallows pt 2- they messed up too many things. Ended wrong.:birdman:
8. Half Blood Prince:aicmon::ufdup::snoop: the completely butchered major plot points and Alan Rickman totally blew his moment to shine.

Daps
Azkaban and Goblet are my favorites. The last two are dope as fukk too. Even Chamber of Secrets is dope to me. Worst one is EASILY order of the phoenix, lady umbridge acts like a nazi c*nt too well :pacspit:

The battle inside of the Ministry at the end was :banderas: tho'.

I loved Order of the Phoenix book, the movie...the script was pretty weak. I think it was too much material shoved into a too short film.

But what they did, they did well. The whole scene in the department of mysteries was amazing. That truly redeemed the films. Side note: I really didn't like Gambon as Dumbledore until that battle.

Unlike everyone else, I was not a fan of the final three. I was soooo mad at Half-Blood Prince. It wasn't my favorite book, but the film was a travesty. I could go on for paragraphs about all the things wrong with that film. I called it Craptastic No. 6 for the longest. It took me a while to get over it.

I really think the writing in movies 6 on were bad. I think Steve Kloves just gave up. The final three films have their moments, but they didn't live up to the HP standard, IMO

In all fairness, I did cry at the end of Deathly Hallows Pt 2. Snape's memory....had me sobbing in the theater.

Goblet of Fire was good (but could have done without that long arse dragon chase. And I wanted Dobby.) but Ralph Fiennes as Voldemort was amazing.

I sound like I don't like the films. I do, as adaptations, they were pretty good. They were very well cast. Although personally, I would have loved to see these books made into a mini-series, really get a chance to get into the material.

I agree with the sentiments but not your lists.

Books
1. Order of the Phoenix- I know most hate it but it goes deep into Harry's psyche, and I love me some Harry!
2. Half Blood Prince- it was like the Empire Strikes Back of the series. The battle, the death of Dumbledore, & the supposed betrayal ofSnape :wow:
3.Goblet of Fire- that's when shyt started getting real
4. Azkaban- enjoyed the twists in the middle. Not a fan of the time turner device, still don't really buy it:patrice:
5. The Deathly Hallows- good tie ups, still mad about Fred tho:ufdup:
6. Philosopher's Stone- good start
7. Chamber of Secrets- poorly written but still interesting

Movies
1. Azkaban- Alfonso Cauron, nuff said!
2. Deathly Hallows pt 1. Love the Ron/Harry tension and seeing things fall apart
3. Order of Phoenix- the Ministry battle:ohlawd:
4. Chamber of Secrets- did a better job than the book on many parts
5. Goblet of Fire- fun and dark in the right places but too much teenage melodrama and bad acting
6. Sorcerers Stone- good first entry. Acting is kinda bad though
7. Deathly Hallows pt 2- they messed up too many things. Ended wrong.:birdman:
8. Half Blood Prince:aicmon::ufdup::snoop: the completely butchered major plot points and Alan Rickman totally blew his moment to shine.

Agree with you on the movie order, esp HBP. Just turrible.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Prisoner of Azkaban
Deathly Hallows (as a whole)
Order of the Phoenix
Chamber of Secrets
Goblet of Fire
Sorcerer's Stone
Half Blood Prince (the one movie in the series that I'm truly apathetic about)

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I actually liked half blood prince:skip:

Can some of y'all go in depth about what you didn't like about it?

• Dap
Reactions: Ark

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I actually liked half blood prince:skip:

Can some of y'all go in depth about what you didn't like about it?

It was purely a placeholder. It's like that penultimate season of a tv series when all they're doing is setting up the chess pieces for the better last season which they've clearly been thinking about for a while. It felt very stale and everyone seemed bored except Snape/Hans Gruber

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
It was purely a placeholder. It's like that penultimate season of a tv series when all they're doing is setting up the chess pieces for the better last season which they've clearly been thinking about for a while. It felt very stale and everyone seemed bored except Snape/Hans Gruber
I felt it was a fun movie :yeshrug: they went back to the style of humor they tried in the goblet of fire. And his escapades with dumbldore were well done. He and Ginny had horrible chemistry though:scusthov:

Like if it comes on early Saturday I'll be:ehh: not:shaq2: like some of you lol.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I felt it was a fun movie :yeshrug: they went back to the style of humor they tried in the goblet of fire. And his escapades with dumbldore were well done. He and Ginny had horrible chemistry though:scusthov:

Like if it comes on early Saturday I'll be:ehh: not:shaq2: like some of you lol.

I got a thing against watching any of the flicks on tv anyway. Watching movies with commercial interruptions always pisses me off lol, even as a kid. I used to hate that shyt..I got them all on the blu collection.

and it's funny you mention Goblet of Fire..you notice it's my 3rd least favorite:sas1: also felt like a very "transitional" movie