Hard Knocks Life Vol. 3-Will the Defense be up to Par(sons)- ‘21 Cowboys Season Thread

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
No you’re wrong. They’ve actually been too quiet. Irvin has been too kind to these 88 imposters that have come behind. Troy has been nothing but complimentary to Dak….for what? Outside of Pearson do any of Staubach’s Cowboys say anything?? You’re wrong bro, these guys have gotten off easy. Lakers lose 3 games in a row and Magic is sending off a tweet. What would happen if the Lakers lost for a quarter century?

The 88 imposters is whose fault though? These guys didn’t sign up for that. It’s all the owner. He forces this narrative and brings about these comparisons. I love Irv but the Cowboys get on a little run and he’s on TV, doing interviews with these guys, dapping em up, got ‘em feeling themselves. They crowning them before they’ve done anything.

It’s not just a present day thing. Romo went thru the same shyt. Remember all the smoke Drew Pearson had for him? I remember Dirk tweeting support of Romo back when he had a lot of heat on him and Drew Pearson went at Dirk for not shytting on Romo too. Dez and Tito Prescott Twitter beef is just the modern day equivalent of that.

Mad respect for all these guys did for the organization but we don’t need their opinion on everything. The new teams and players don’t constantly need to be compared to the old teams.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
All these old heads need to shut the fukk up. That’s one of the biggest ongoing issues with this organization is all these old players constantly hanging around, all up in the videos.. dancing. Trying to remind you of their glory days or input their two cents. And they got smoke for everyone except the guy who orchestrated this whole circus.

Troy usually shoots straight for the most part and Emmitt just stays out of it which I respect. You never hear him chirping about the current teams. But I’ve never seen an organization in any sport so obsessed with reliving its past or trying to compare the present to its past. We’ve still never moved on from the triplets era and now the Dez-Romo era is tryna put themselves in the convo and they never even won shyt anyway.

Is any other organization like this? Was Roger Staubach at Troy’s beck? Are old Yankees players constantly hanging around shytting on the current team? Kobe retired and he didn’t have shyt to do with the Lakers. Magic Johnson pops shut occasionally but that’s just how he is. Twitter got these dudes acting different.
How can you have smoke for actual legends that call out these bunch of underachievers :what:

It has become almost embarrassing being a fan of this team and folks are sick of it.

This is the marquee franchise in all of sports, so yea it is different from other teams. The expectation here is to win and these MFs have been underachieving for two and a half decades now

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
How can you have smoke for actual legends that call out these bunch of underachievers :what:

It has become almost embarrassing being a fan of this team and folks are sick of it.

This is the marquee franchise in all of sports, so yea it is different from other teams. The expectation here is to win and these MFs have been underachieving for two and a half decades now

I love and respect all these guys, but it’s corny. It was corny when they did it in the Romo-Dez era and it’s corny now. What good does it do? Who is benefitting from Dez arguing with Tito Prescott on Twitter? Who benefitted from Drew Pearson getting at Dirk about Romo? It’s a bad look for everyone involved. One of our all time great WRs in Dez should be above that shyt. He knows how to get in contact with people on the team if he has advice for them. He was working out with Dak a year ago - he can’t connect Dak and Romo privately if he wants?

And again it’s always reserved for the players. Nobody has anything to say about the ringleader of the circus. Really Aikman is one of the only ones with the balls to be critical of Jerry. Everyone else has an opinion on everything but that.

Last edited:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I can’t think of one bad thing that could result from former greats criticizing the loser culture and players that continue to underperform and choke here.

Clearly these guys aren’t working on their games well enough, the coaching sucks, and nobody holds their feet to the fire.

Says a lot that former players have to be the ones to hold these guys accountable. Because we all know the local media, coaches, and front office never do.

If it hurts feelings, fukk em. Maybe they should take their conditioning, discipline, playbook knowledge, and overall game more seriously. Maybe then they wouldn’t have all these fans and former players at their necks.

These players and coaches have been taking advantage of wearing the Star. The entitlement and complacency is sickening.

fukk em :camby:

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I can’t think of one bad thing that could result from former greats criticizing the loser culture and players that continue to underperform and choke here.

Clearly these guys aren’t working on their games well enough, the coaching sucks, and nobody holds their feet to the fire.

Says a lot that former players have to be the ones to hold these guys accountable. Because we all know the local media, coaches, and front office never do.

If it hurts feelings, fukk em. Maybe they should take their conditioning, discipline, playbook knowledge, and overall game more seriously. Maybe then they wouldn’t have all these fans and former players at their necks.

These players and coaches have been taking advantage of wearing the Star. The entitlement and complacency is sickening.

fukk em :camby:

That sense of entitlement is because of one man though. And for the most part there's never any heat for him except from sometimes Troy. I get it, the ex players don't wanna burn a bridge and they want to keep their box seats, radio spots, etc.

I remember vividly guys like Pearson, Deion, Troy, even Emmitt all being critical of Romo back in the day. Questioning his leadership, questioning him over Cabo, questioning him throwing too many INTs, etc. I don't think that helped him in the public eye or in the locker room. I remember TO leaves and says Romo reads defenses in the booth better than he did on the field, which is ironic to me because we're re-living the same exact thing now with Dak. Some criticism is warranted, but there's stuff that can also be handled in house. It just makes them look messy to me. Sloppy as hell, everyone chit chattin trying to get in front of a mic or on Twitter and give their 2 cents.

I don't think the problem is just the criticism, it's also the opposite too. You mentioned the entitlement and that's true, but a big part of that comes from Jerry and the players. Again, I love Irv.. but Dez is his son? Now Lamb is his son? Jerry force these guys to wear 88 as a marketing ploy to make people think of the old days and create that expectation. It's like we just keep repeating this cycle over and over again. Dez says players are too wrapped up in being the life of being Dallas Cowboys.. well shyt Dez the environment the owner and some of the ex players creates plays a big part in that. They are being crowned before they've ever done anything.

Last edited:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
That sense of entitlement is because of one man though. And for the most part there's never any heat for him except from sometimes Troy. I get it, the ex players don't wanna burn a bridge and they want to keep their box seats, radio spots, etc.

I remember vividly guys like Pearson, Deion, Troy, even Emmitt all being critical of Romo back in the day. Questioning his leadership, questioning him over Cabo, questioning him throwing too many INTs, etc. I don't think that helped him in the public eye or in the locker room. I remember TO leaves and says Romo reads defenses in the booth better than he did on the field, which is ironic to me because we're re-living the same exact thing now with Dak. Some criticism is warranted, but there's stuff that can also be handled in house. It just makes them look messy to me. Sloppy as hell, everyone chit chattin trying to get in front of a mic or on Twitter and give their 2 cents.

I don't think the problem is just the criticism, it's also the opposite too. You mentioned the entitlement and that's true, but a big part of that comes from Jerry and the players. Again, I love Irv.. but Dez is his son? Now Lamb is his son? Jerry force these guys to wear 88 as a marketing ploy to make people think of the old days and create that expectation. It's like we just keep repeating this cycle over and over again. Dez says players are too wrapped up in being the life of being Dallas Cowboys.. well shyt Dez the environment the owner and some of the ex players creates plays a big part in that. They are being crowned before they've ever done anything.
Nobody is denying Jerry being a problem. That’s never changing, though

It’s been 6 seasons. Dak has had plenty of people in his ear. He’s gone through training camps. We kept Kellen Moore around for him. We kept his BFF in the backfield. Gave him a loaded WR corps. He’s had many off-seasons and done “film study” (apparently).

Nothing ever changes. And if you think he’s about to magically mix it up on his own and come back better, you might be Tad.

So fukk him. Air him out. Clearly keeping things in house and going about it “the right way” hasn’t worked for 26 years. And in Dak’s case, he’s been given the benefit of the doubt and all sorts of accommodations for the past 6.

Sounds like you want more of the same. And that’s the biggest problem other than Jerry.

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nobody is denying Jerry being a problem. That’s never changing, though

It’s been 6 seasons. Dak has had plenty of people in his ear. He’s gone through training camps. We kept Kellen Moore around for him. We kept his BFF in the backfield. Gave him a loaded WR corps. He’s had many off-seasons and done “film study” (apparently).

Nothing ever changes. And if you think he’s about to magically mix it up on his own and come back better, you might be Tad.

So fukk him. Air him out. Clearly keeping things in house and going about it “the right way” hasn’t worked for 26 years. And in Dak’s case, he’s been given the benefit of the doubt and all sorts of accommodations for the past 6.

Sounds like you want more of the same. And that’s the biggest problem other than Jerry.

That’s part of my point. We have never kept these things in house. These legends were at Romo’s neck publicly 10-12 years ago. Everything happens publicly. We crown these guys publicly too early and shyt on them publicly. That has been going on for 15 years and nothing has changed because of the guy at the top. And of course that’s never changing but these legends voices hold a lot of weight. If they really wanted something in Dallas to change they would start there.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
That’s part of my point. We have never kept these things in house. These legends were at Romo’s neck publicly 10-12 years ago. Everything happens publicly. We crown these guys publicly too early and shyt on them publicly. That has been going on for 15 years and nothing has changed because of the guy at the top. And of course that’s never changing but these legends voices hold a lot of weight. If they really wanted something in Dallas to change they would start there.
How do you know? If it’s kept in house, it’s kept in house…

I think it’s safe to say there have been all sorts of conversations behind close doors regarding a bevy of players, including Dak and Romo, over the past 26 years. Coaches and teammates approaching them about changes that need to be made or things that need to be worked on.

And what good has that done?

Your favorite player won’t throw the ball past 15 yards unless he’s down 3 scores in the second half, and you think continuing to “trust the process” or “going back to the film” is the solution?

fukk Dak and fukk the process. That’s how we got here in the first place.

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That ref comment was the straw that caused this

That shyt is not becoming of a QB. It was some loser shyt
Pointing and blaming/deflecting is just weak. ARodg would do the same but smart enuff to do it in a condescending way. They both lost to a QB that's struggling and needs surgery on his thumb on his passing hand; with a franchise that has his replacement on his heels. There's levels. Grow up. Be a man. Put your head down and do the work. Brady outchea pulling comebacks with practice squad WRs in playoff games and Dak can't function with a #1 WR. Damn shame

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
How do you know? If it’s kept in house, it’s kept in house…

I think it’s safe to say there have been all sorts of conversations behind close doors regarding a bevy of players, including Dak and Romo, over the past 26 years. Coaches and teammates approaching them about changes that need to be made or things that need to be worked on.

And what good has that done?

Your favorite player won’t throw the ball past 15 yards unless he’s down 3 scores in the second half, and you think continuing to “trust the process” or “going back to the film” is the solution?

fukk Dak and fukk the process. That’s how we got here in the first place.

Maybe they do, I'm sure some stuff goes on in private, but if that's the case then why are the public shots needed? Maybe I'm just not paying attention but I really don't see this type of shyt occurring this often in any other organization.

Again, it's not just the criticism. It's the praise too. It's the constant inviting comparisons to the past. WR's are the next Playmaker before they ever step on the field. Diggs is the new Deion in week 10. When you talk about entitlement that is exactly what creates that environment.

As far as the bold - breh, I'm not even defending Dak's play right now. I've said my piece on him since the Niners game. I still think he can lead us to a SB but he just needs to prove it at this point. I'm not going to change anyone's mind on that. My point here is not about Dak, it's a general point on ex-players looming too large over this organization. I thought it was just as lame back in the day when everyone was shytting on Romo as it is now. Or the other day when Dez makes an ambiguous tweet about certain players enjoying being Cowboys too much.

Of course the irony of it is Drew Pearson used to talk wild on Dez constantly early in his career. He said Dez ran high school routes, said its "how you finish a game that makes you 88". And now Dez is out here talking greasy on the current team. This is an ongoing theme in this organization that just repeats itself with generation after generation of Cowboys players.

Last edited:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Maybe they do, I'm sure some stuff goes on in private, but if that's the case then why are the public shots needed
Because the fans and former players are sick of this beta being Checkdown Charlie

I don’t know how many times or ways this needs to be said. People are sick of Dak. You might not be, but we’ve seen 6 years of this crap and we’re over it.

Clearly nothing going on privately has made a single difference in the way he plays on Sundays. He’s the same exact bus driver he’s always been. So people are taking a different approach now.