Hard Knocks Life Vol. 3-Will the Defense be up to Par(sons)- ‘21 Cowboys Season Thread

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And for the guys saying people are going extra hard on Dak… Nah.

We had to witness people in the fanbase ready to suck his dikk only 4 games into the year. Talking about “he’s already surpassed Romo” and saying he was leading candidate for MVP.

Front office gave him $40mil per, which only Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes are getting. And we’re getting Kirk Cousins production.

People in this fanbase still make every possible excuse for him and will throw any and every other player under the bus in order to give Dak a pass.

Let the criticism be as loud as the support and dikkriding.

So fukk him and if you wanna be down with Dak Prescott, then fukk you too :pacspit:

And this has nothing to do with :mjpls:. Most of us Dak haters were/are Dez stanleys, and supporting Dez is about the most anti-:mjpls: behavior possible.
If your gripe is with the 40mil you don't have much of an argument. How did his contract prevent us from putting together a solid roster this year? It didn't and it won't. People cried all offseason about our lack of spending on defense yet we had one of the best defenses due to our drafting. We drafted 2 all-pros back-to-back. Fans need to stop pocket watching. Daks contract has been a non-issies. And Dak outperformed Josh Allen this season as a passer. Allen went through a terrible slump this season, he balling now though.

Last edited:

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
If your gripe is with the 40mil you don't have much of an argument. How did his contract prevent us from putting together a solid roster this year? It didn't and it won't. People cried all offseason about our lack of spending on defense yet we had one of the best defenses due to our drafting. We drafted 2 all-pros back-to-back. Fans need to stop pocket watching. Daks contract has been a non-issies. And Dak outperformed Josh Allen this season as a passer. Allen went through a terrible slump this season, he balling now though.

Dak wasn’t right after the calf injury , he was a MVP candidate before that injury, was a playing like top QB. I really don’t understand what happened after that, maybe started worrying about the injury ?

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
fukk it. Y’all be heel turning like a mf round here so ima say it

McCathy’s first year of having a offseason program, starting QB and staff and we went 12-5, won the division and loss in the wild card. If we move on from McCarthy, cool, if he stay, which I prefer, we’ll be fine.

Clearly we need better oline play and the running game to be better if we’re gonna be better going forward. Both make our QB a tad better, don’t ask how.

Dak, or Wak as I like to call him now :mjgrin: is the same QB he was before he got paid. It is what it is. Problem is, because he’s getting the bag, we want him to be someone’s he’s not. We gotta let that shyt go and hope for near perfect conditions [around him] cause that’s what is going to take.

Front office got their hand cut out for themselves. This team will (should) have a lot of turnover and the pieces we’re replacing will be integral if we gonna run it back next year.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
fukk it. Y’all be heel turning like a mf round here so ima say it

McCathy’s first year of having a offseason program, starting QB and staff and we went 12-5, won the division and loss in the wild card. If we move on from McCarthy, cool, if he stay, which I prefer, we’ll be fine.

Clearly we need better oline play and the running game to be better if we’re gonna be better going forward. Both make our QB a tad better, don’t ask how.

Dak, or Wak as I like to call him now :mjgrin: is the same QB he was before he got paid. It is what it is. Problem is, because he’s getting the bag, we want him to be someone’s he’s not. We gotta let that shyt go and hope for near perfect conditions [around him] cause that’s what is going to take.

Front office got their hand cut out for themselves. This team will (should) have a lot of turnover and the pieces we’re replacing will be integral if we gonna run it back next year.

Finding a blocking TE should be a priority.
We might need to look at FBs too
Get a T, G
Straight up replace Gregory with Parsons
Bring back LVE
Draft LB/Edge first round
Bring back Kearse, Hooker or Kazee (rather have Kearse, would settle for Hooker, can see it be Kazee)
Get a WR

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Finding a blocking TE should be a priority.
We might need to look at FBs too
Get a T, G
Straight up replace Gregory with Parsons
Bring back LVE

Draft LB/Edge first round
Bring back Kearse, Hooker or Kazee (rather have Kearse, would settle for Hooker, can see it be Kazee)
Get a WR

WHAT:mjlol:

Put our only good linebacker at DE permanently and bring back a soft linebacker who makes 90% of all his tackles 7 yards down field :mjlol:

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
WHAT:mjlol:

Put our only good linebacker at DE permanently and bring back a soft linebacker who makes 90% of all his tackles 7 yards down field :mjlol:
Also why I said get a LB/Edger rusher in the first. The important thing is moving on from Gregory. LVE gives you depth. Parsons could play LB as well but predominately be at DE.

That Pilot interview where he was saying he might not be good at film but he knows how to get after it when the ball is hiked leaves me wanting more at LB. Just unleash him until his hearts content at DE

Broad Street Bully

Sick & Tide Sixers/Phillies/Cowboys fan smh
Daps
Reppin
Philly. Fucc a Eagle. I mean dat.
Now we’re on Sean Payton watch. What would y’all be willing to trade for him if it comes to that? I think since he’s on his last year of his deal with the Saints, we could get it done for a 3rd but they’re probably going to want more if we wait too long and allow all the quality HC candidates to sign with other teams leaving scraps for the Saints. Payton has enough clout within that organization and area that if he approached ownership and told them he’s ready for another challenge that they would probably accommodate him. But it’s got to happen fast.
The old ghoul and his bytch ass son ain’t making this move bro so please don’t even get your hopes up.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
My thing with Payton is 1 bowl in 14 years with Don't disrespect my flag Drew? Only 3 conference championship games (I say ONLY fully realizing we haven't made one almost 30 years...) but that seems underwhelming to me when you consider they were in the opposite conference from Brady/Belichick and Manning.

I mean shyt, McCarthy only got 1 bowl out of Rodgers and people say he underachieved. So what does that say about Payton?

I do think he's a better coach than McCarthy. Another benefit is Jerry would respect him and stay the fukk out of his way. But I'm not sure he's what everyone hypes him up as. I don't like the idea of trading a draft pick for him. I don't like trading a pick for ANY coach except :beli: but gun to my head, I'd do that for Tomlin, not Payton.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
My thing with Payton is 1 bowl in 14 years with Don't disrespect my flag Drew? Only 3 conference championship games (I say ONLY fully realizing we haven't made one almost 30 years...) but that seems underwhelming to me when you consider they were in the opposite conference from Brady/Belichick and Manning.

I mean shyt, McCarthy only got 1 bowl out of Rodgers and people say he underachieved. So what does that say about Payton?

I do think he's a better coach than McCarthy. Another benefit is Jerry would respect him and stay the fukk out of his way. But I'm not sure he's what everyone hypes him up as. I don't like the idea of trading a draft pick for him. I don't like trading a pick for ANY coach except :beli: but gun to my head, I'd do that for Tomlin, not Payton.

The Brady/Beli era got people's expectations distorted. Bill Parcells only went to 3 super bowls his entire career. Dynasty's are rare. With in a salary cap free agent world, winning 1 title is an accomplishment.

And 1 win in 14 years is better than not winning 1 in 26 years and counting.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
The Brady/Beli era got people's expectations distorted. Bill Parcells only went to 3 super bowls his entire career. Dynasty's are rare. With in a salary cap free agent world, winning 1 title is an accomplishment.

And 1 win in 14 years is better than not winning 1 in 26 years and counting.

I know it's not as easy as :beli: and Brady made it look but still, look at the NFC right now. Either Shanahan with Jimmy G or McVay with Goff/Stafford is gonna go to their 2nd Superbowl in the last 4 years. Mahomes is likely going to his 3rd in a row. Payton went once in 14 years with Breespectmyflag and I think almost any ranking you would find would have him as a top 10 QB of all time. More likely in the top 6-8. So they should have gone to more than one IMO.

You gotta remember they had 3 straight losing seasons right before they went on their last run. They drafted Michael Thomas in 16 and really getting Kamara in 17 is what took them to the next level. Without that who knows where they would be at right now. Payton may have been ran out of there way sooner if they didn't draft Kamara. Am I wrong or wasn't Payton on the hotseat around that time? @portcityplaya