Hard Knocks Life Vol. 3-Will the Defense be up to Par(sons)- ‘21 Cowboys Season Thread

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
DQ is legit. The talent on defense is not there for the most part. Especially up front. They had a lot of cats on one-year prove it deals, it was a patchwork unit.

So why are people shocked this team is out of the playoffs?

Why did people thing this was a super bowl caliber team?

People keep blaming coaching, but if you really look at how this team was constructed, it's amazing they won as may games as they did. The only thing that saved them was the NFC East.

Dallas is good enough to stay out of the top 5 of the draft, or just good enough to just miss the playoffs, or make the playoffs and not get past the divisional round at best... one and done at worst.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
So why are people shocked this team is out of the playoffs?

Why did people thing this was a super bowl caliber team?

People keep blaming coaching, but if you really look at how this team was constructed, it's amazing they won as may games as they did. The only thing that saved them was the NFC East.

Dallas is good enough to stay out of the top 5 of the draft, or just good enough to just miss the playoffs, or make the playoffs and not get past the divisional round at best... one and done at worst.

I've said I think they overachieved most of the season. A lot of guys played over their heads on defense especially. That combined with the QB play (i'll wait for tomatoes to be thrown at me :skip:) is the reason they won 12 games. They did feast on bad teams but you have to be a good team to beat bad teams.. they were a good team, not a great team.

But the reality is almost everyone in the playoffs is flawed. Look at Arizona last night. Only 2 teams are gonna end up in the Super Bowl... everyone else is gonna lose because they didn't have it.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
So apparently on the fan this morning, McCarthy was all Stephen Jones. Jerry Jones didn't push for him. No wonder Stephen is "very confident" about him. I'll tell you this, a bad 2022 could result on his McCarthy dismissal. They won't keep him around long.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers

Damn shame other team DBs talking about our QB like Packers DBs talked about Bears QBs Cutler and Trubiski.

Dak has thrown well against Bucs first game of season but why can't he deliver when it matters.

Shanahan, with his running attack, opted to kick a field goal and punt on 4th and short twice. That conservative approach should tell you he was not worried about our offense amassing points.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Shanahan, with his running attack, opted to kick a field goal and punt on 4th and short twice. That conservative approach should tell you he was not worried about our offense amassing points.
I still think they should have gone for it. We was not going to stop them on 4th and 1.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Film

Once the league studied the film. Fraudscott couldn't adjust.

they simply forced him to think/hold the ball longer. If you blitz and play man to man, Dak can easily beat that scheme. Eventually teams figured out they could get a good pass rush without blitzing so they only rushed 4 or 5 and played zone. Or they would act like they were blitzing and dropped off into zone. Teams also for the most part knew when they were running and stopped it easily.

Dallas did a poor job disguising what they were doing on offense.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Unfortunately, we have to keep him for at least another year.

Ceedee isnt a number 1, and I will lose it if they draft another skill position player early in the draft.

This needs to be an offseason in which we focus solely on the offensive and defensive lines
I agree with getting the lines reinforced.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
The Romo botched snap, the Dez catch, the Byron Jones-Aaron Rodgers 3rd and 21. Crayton dropping an easy catch.

All of those things are just poor execution. Bad football. Unlucky. Whatever.

Even the do-or-die games in the Romo era where he ultimately was blamed for untimely INTs or unable to clutch up.

But the end of this game was the dumbest, most mind-numbing shyt I’ve ever seen in my life. I honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen such stupidity in a sporting event. High School and College coaches and players know better than that.

The HC, OC, and QB all should be embarrassed and ashamed. From the bottom of my heart, fukk all 3 of them.