Hard Knocks Life Vol. 3-Will the Defense be up to Par(sons)- ‘21 Cowboys Season Thread

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How did they lose to this trash Raiders team :unimpressed:
We blitz the most we ever did during the whole season in That game. Problem with that strategy was Carr is statistically the best qb in the league against the blitz and it’s not particularly close. He kills blitzing defense. you seen it tonight

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
And yet somehow despite all that.. they are 10-4. So that should tell you something about this team, or the rest of the NFL. Either way, 10-4 is 10-4.

Its not focusing on other team's shortcomings.. it's just looking at the reality of the situation. The reality is every team is facing questions. So you have to look at that list of stuff in the context of who we're contending with in the NFC. I know off top GB has a worse kicker than Trashlein and I know they can't be feeling good about any level of their defense after the past few weeks. Can they say they have faced a defense as disruptive as ours has been? Rams, Bucs, Cardinals obviously all have question marks too with the injuries they've faced/way they've been playing. Doesn't mean we don't have to take care of ours but the reality of the situation is all these teams gotta tighten shyt up.

Vikings, Cincy, Rams, Bears, Niners, Cards, and Saints all have more sacks and QB hurries than the Cowboys. They went 5-2 against said teams.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
The problem with this is, half the things on your list are problems for all the other teams we play...

We got an idiot head coach who can't tell time or know when to take a timeout...meanwhile the cardinals straight up LOST last monday cause they didn't call a timeout...seems like they have the same problem
We got a trash corner who gets burnt...have you seen the bucs secondary? They have given up damn near 500 yards in 6 quarters and some of that is to a 3rd string QB. They have 1 pick in that span. Seems like we not the only team with a trash or trash corners.
Multiple teams have linemen hurt.

Shaky run defense...meh...teams run more against us than they do against the bucs, cards, and packers, cause they want to keep our offense off the field. Speaking of defense...between us, GB, Tampa, and the Cardinals...which defense gives up the most points? I'll give you a hint...not us.

This is why you actually have to watch other teams play and then compare your teams to those, otherwise you don't have a frame of reference outside of whatever arbitrary stuff you make up in your head.

No doubt McCarthy is an idiot but i am confident that when we play the cardinals Kliff is going to do us some favors to when it comes to clock management and timeouts, he been doing them for everybody else this season, he not about to stop now.

It aint the Cards either...

Cards = 20.3
Dallas = 20.9
Packers = 21.6
Bucs = 21.9

All are top 10 in said category except Bucs. Its litterally close by decimals in comparison here so this point is moot.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It aint the Cards either...

Cards = 20.3
Dallas = 20.9
Packers = 21.6
Bucs = 21.9

All are top 10 in said category except Bucs. Its litterally close by decimals in comparison here so this point is moot.
Nigguh fukk the stats. The packers clearly don’t have talent on the defensive side that the other top 5 teams in the NFC have. That’s clear if you take off the fukking blinders. There is not one fukking player in the packers defense that scares anybody. No Vea, Donald, Parsons, Gregory, Diggs, Buddah Baker, Chandler Jones, Ramsey, Lawrence, Suh, JPP.

Its literally all on Rodgers but your stupid ass coach doesn’t even realize it.

Last edited:

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Vikings, Cincy, Rams, Bears, Niners, Cards, and Saints all have more sacks and QB hurries than the Cowboys. They went 5-2 against said teams.

Pass rush stats are a little skewed.. Dallas has only had its 3 best pass rushers together for 3 games this year.

Some of those teams are raw for sure.. but when healthy I don't think many are fukkin with the Cowboys up front right now.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Nigguh fukk the stats. The packers clearly don’t have talent on the defensive side that the other top 5 teams in the NFC have. That’s clear if you take off the fukking blinders. There is not one fukking player in the packers defense that scares anybody. No Vea, Donald, Parsons, Gregory, Diggs, Buddah Baker, Chandler Jones, Ramsey, Lawrence, Suh, JPP.

Its literally all on Rodgers but your stupid ass coach doesn’t even realize it.

Yea ok :mjlol:

So "being scared" (never heard an NFL player say they scared of an opp before) means the defense is good? nikka foh with this skip bayless hottake. Packers defense is good enough to win and are top 10 for a reason. :camby:

And we dont have talent on D? :dahell:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea ok :mjlol:

So "being scared" (never heard an NFL player say they scared of an opp before) means the defense is good? nikka foh with this skip bayless hottake. Packers defense is good enough to win and are top 10 for a reason. :camby:
There you go playing dumb or maybe that’s jsut you. Packers don’t have a playmaker on defense. We knew that when y’all tried to sign Jaylon. And your best corner was signed off the streets

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Pass rush stats are a little skewed.. Dallas has only had its 3 best pass rushers together for 3 games this year.

Some of those teams are raw for sure.. but when healthy I don't think many are fukkin with the Cowboys up front right now.

True. Injuries has hampered out D too with our all pro CB out and our best pass rusher out as well. Still, we rank 13th in sacks.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
There you go playing dumb or maybe that’s jsut you. Packers don’t have a playmaker on defense. We knew that when y’all tried to sign Jaylon. And your best corner was signed off the streets

Our best corner been injured and is an all pro CB :dahell:

We signing cats off the streets cuz of injuries, not lack of talent. U wanna make shyt up without facts now :dahell:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Our best corner been injured and is an all pro CB :dahell:

We signing cats off the streets cuz of injuries, not lack of talent. U wanna make shyt up without facts now :dahell:
Whose this all-pro corner? I know y’all have a pro-bowl(replacement) corner but he ain’t no ball hawk like our corners.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jaire Alexander :dahell:

The best corner up until his injury early in the season
When did he ever make all-pro? And Diggs was the best corner the first half of the season so stop it. Teams weren’t throwing at him and when they did he was turning it over. He didn’t give up a td until week 9

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Wish the Browns held on. Would have been a big morale boost for them to win with 10 starters and their head coach out with covid. They probably pack it in next week against GB.