Hard Knocks Life Vol. 3-Will the Defense be up to Par(sons)- ‘21 Cowboys Season Thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Honestly yall should. NFL quality of teams is garbage this year. Usually by now u know who the dominante forces are in each conference yet there isnt any clear cut favorites. Bucs, packers, dallas are all capable of beating eachother. Same as colts,pats,ravens, and chiefs.
My hesitation is because:

1. I dont believe in this quarterback

2. The defense is thriving against bum QBs (as they are supposed to). The last semblance of a QB we faced, they got torched by a team missing their best weapon (Waller).

I cant envision Dak going into a hostile environment like Green Bay and out-dueling or even going toe to toe with Rodgers. Now before the Stanleys come in here and bring up 2016, that was at home against a woat secondary. Yall had Damarious Randle and Ladarius Gunther as your starting CBs :scusthov:

Our “Number one WR”, doesnt do cold weather. Our run game has looked :flabbynsick:. And our head coach has a tendency for bone headed clock management errors.

Now if we get the 1 somehow (doubt it), ill feel a lot more confident :ohlawd:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
My hesitation is because:

1. I dont believe in this quarterback

2. The defense is thriving against bum QBs (as they are supposed to). The last semblance of a QB we faced, they got torched by a team missing their best weapon (Waller).

I cant envision Dak going into a hostile environment like Green Bay and out-dueling or even going toe to toe with Rodgers. Now before the Stanleys come in here and bring up 2016, that was at home against a woat secondary. Yall had Damarious Randle and Ladarius Gunther as your starting CBs :scusthov:

Our “Number one WR”, doesnt do cold weather. Our run game has looked :flabbynsick:. And our head coach has a tendency for bone headed clock management errors.

Now if we get the 1 somehow (doubt it), ill feel a lot more confident :ohlawd:

Thats what it comes down to this year. Homefield. If Packers dont get that bye, they fukked due to injuries. :francis:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I might be crazy but I think our team is comparable to the 2016 Falcons that went to the super bowl. GOAT level WR corp. QB at his peak. Two very good running backs. A young opportunistic defense that developed faster than expected. Falcons went 12-4 that season and nobody really paid attention to them. The focus were on packers, giants, cowboys, Seattle that season.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Im not sold yet breh :yeshrug:

If you combine the offense from the Bucs game to the defense now, ill be sippin the kool aid with yall :ehh:

I don't even feel like I'm sipping kool-aid.. I just like to look at it big picture. All the concerns you laid out a few posts up are fine. But I don't think its any contender in the NFC or AFC right now that doesn't have those kinda questions. I dont see how any of them feel that great about where they're at right now, maybe KC or GB since they're in the drivers seat for home field. But even GB is a 2 pt conversion and that weird ass AJ Green play in the end zone from being 9-5. Its a tiny ass margin for error in some of these games, so getting to 10-4 is an accomplishment

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I don't even feel like I'm sipping kool-aid.. I just like to look at it big picture. All the concerns you laid out a few posts up are fine. But I don't think its any contender in the NFC or AFC right now that doesn't have those kinda questions. I dont see how any of them feel that great about where they're at right now, maybe KC or GB since they're in the drivers seat for home field. But even GB is a 2 pt conversion and that weird ass AJ Green play in the end zone from being 9-5. Its a tiny ass margin for error in some of these games, so getting to 10-4 is an accomplishment
It is sippin Kool-Aid if you are focusing on other team’s shortcomings/good fortune instead of the threat they would pose against this team.

-We have an unreliable kicker

-A HC that cant manage the clock

-A corner that would be food against any semblance of a good WR (AB)

-A left-tackle that cant stay healthy

-A WR1 that doesnt do cold weather

-A shaky run defense

GB played that game against Arizona on the road missing their WRs. We have seen what this team has looked like when we didnt have ours.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Cooper disappears a lot but the threat of him gets other guys opportunities out there when he's not actually producing. And i know many want him cut if possible. But if we lose Gallup this offseason and then Cooper the next year all of a sudden we will be looking for a receiver to pair with Lamb. So Jerry needs to think long and hard about that one before we take away what makes us a POTENTIALLY explosive offense.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
It is sippin Kool-Aid if you are focusing on other team’s shortcomings/good fortune instead of the threat they would pose against this team.

-A shaky run defense

GB played that game against Arizona on the road missing their WRs. We have seen what this team has looked like when we didnt have ours.

And yet somehow despite all that.. they are 10-4. So that should tell you something about this team, or the rest of the NFL. Either way, 10-4 is 10-4.

Its not focusing on other team's shortcomings.. it's just looking at the reality of the situation. The reality is every team is facing questions. So you have to look at that list of stuff in the context of who we're contending with in the NFC. I know off top GB has a worse kicker than Trashlein and I know they can't be feeling good about any level of their defense after the past few weeks. Can they say they have faced a defense as disruptive as ours has been? Rams, Bucs, Cardinals obviously all have question marks too with the injuries they've faced/way they've been playing. Doesn't mean we don't have to take care of ours but the reality of the situation is all these teams gotta tighten shyt up.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
And yet somehow despite all that.. they are 10-4. So that should tell you something about this team, or the rest of the NFL. Either way, 10-4 is 10-4.

Its not focusing on other team's shortcomings.. it's just looking at the reality of the situation. The reality is every team is facing questions. So you have to look at that list of stuff in the context of who we're contending with in the NFC. I know off top GB has a worse kicker than Trashlein and I know they can't be feeling good about any level of their defense after the past few weeks. Can they say they have faced a defense as disruptive as ours has been? Rams, Bucs, Cardinals obviously all have question marks too with the injuries they've faced/way they've been playing. Doesn't mean we don't have to take care of ours but the reality of the situation is all these teams gotta tighten shyt up.

If the same players had on a different uniform, they would be called resilient. Knowing how to win in the face of adversity.

Pundits don't like being wrong. Before the season, we were told the offense will carry the defense. Now that those opinions have been flipped, they feel the need to counter, buy saying they're not contenders on the strength of the offense struggling.

Wining pretty or winning ugly, winning is winning and right now only one team has a better record.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW

-A shaky run defense

The problem with this is, half the things on your list are problems for all the other teams we play...

We got an idiot head coach who can't tell time or know when to take a timeout...meanwhile the cardinals straight up LOST last monday cause they didn't call a timeout...seems like they have the same problem
We got a trash corner who gets burnt...have you seen the bucs secondary? They have given up damn near 500 yards in 6 quarters and some of that is to a 3rd string QB. They have 1 pick in that span. Seems like we not the only team with a trash or trash corners.
Multiple teams have linemen hurt.

Shaky run defense...meh...teams run more against us than they do against the bucs, cards, and packers, cause they want to keep our offense off the field. Speaking of defense...between us, GB, Tampa, and the Cardinals...which defense gives up the most points? I'll give you a hint...not us.

This is why you actually have to watch other teams play and then compare your teams to those, otherwise you don't have a frame of reference outside of whatever arbitrary stuff you make up in your head.

No doubt McCarthy is an idiot but i am confident that when we play the cardinals Kliff is going to do us some favors to when it comes to clock management and timeouts, he been doing them for everybody else this season, he not about to stop now.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
The problem with this is, half the things on your list are problems for all the other teams we play...

We got an idiot head coach who can't tell time or know when to take a timeout...meanwhile the cardinals straight up LOST last monday cause they didn't call a timeout...seems like they have the same problem
We got a trash corner who gets burnt...have you seen the bucs secondary? They have given up damn near 500 yards in 6 quarters and some of that is to a 3rd string QB. They have 1 pick in that span. Seems like we not the only team with a trash or trash corners.
Multiple teams have linemen hurt.

Shaky run defense...meh...teams run more against us than they do against the bucs, cards, and packers, cause they want to keep our offense off the field. Speaking of defense...between us, GB, Tampa, and the Cardinals...which defense gives up the most points? I'll give you a hint...not us.

This is why you actually have to watch other teams play and then compare your teams to those, otherwise you don't have a frame of reference outside of whatever arbitrary stuff you make up in your head.

No doubt McCarthy is an idiot but i am confident that when we play the cardinals Kliff is going to do us some favors to when it comes to clock management and timeouts, he been doing them for everybody else this season, he not about to stop now.
What kinda lazy ass argument is this :mjtf:

“We should feel confident because other teams arent perfect” :mjtf:

The last QB with any sort of talent we have faced, torched our defense and embarassed us on National Television.

Beating Taysom Hill, Taylor Heineke, and Mike Glennon doesnt change that fact. I dont care who the Bucs lost to, they still beat us when we both were fully healthy and they have a way better Quarterback :camby: