Hard Knocks Life Vol. 3-Will the Defense be up to Par(sons)- ‘21 Cowboys Season Thread

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
No mention of Tyron being hurt again?

I swear we need to move on next season. Have Steele penciled in as the starter next season and give him a full off-season to get more acclimated to playing on the left side

:whoa:.

We been trying to move on from Tyron for what...3 years now :mjlol:. Dude has mastered playing at an all pro level for 7 games...getting hurt and missing 2 games...coming back and playing really good for 4 games...getting hurt again and being trash for the rest of the year :mjlol:

I have no doubts by the time we get to the playoffs he going to be letting insert defensive end name here be in Dak face by the time he catches it out of shotgun:mjlol:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Some amazing passes tonight from both QBs.

Yeah I was really impressed by Kyler...he should have thrown 4 picks but he somehow willed the Rams to drop 2 of them. :whoo:

Even more impressive was his football IQ. Taking a sack at the end of the game and wasting 20 seconds to kick a field goal was something I know we wish Dak could learn to do:whoo:

Then when I thought he couldn't get any smarter, instead of spiking the ball and setting up a hail mary, he actually ran the play and tricked his own lineman into not blocking and his receivers into not even running downfield:whoo:

His contract will be 50 million well spent:whoo:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
somehow need a 3 way tie with these nikkas
I don't see us losing to the giants eagles or washington. There qb's and offenses are to trash to put up points. We beat the Cardinals that is the tie breaker. Real problem is we got to finish with a better record than the Bucs they own the head to head. Not going to happen their division is as bad as ours.

We could get the two seed though. This lost was huge for the Cardinals. They went from number one seed to possibly not winning their own division off of one game. They lucky the Rams going to have to play a starving 49ers team to end the season.

Speaking of the 49ers that is the one team I do NOT want to see in the playoffs. They are the team everybody pretended Washington was. They grind out the running game and give little Jimmy such safe throws I don't think our defense would be able to spook him like we did Heineke. If the 49ers get in we need to avoid them at all cost. That is a 23 - 13 49ers had the ball for 42 minutes of the game L waiting to happen.

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Annnnnnd just like that we are 1 game from the 1 seed with 4 to play and the easiest remaining schedule.

We don't have a damn chance man. That Raider lost cost us. Gotta hope Ravens upset Packers and win out. Bucs have the easiest schedule left with 2 against Panthers, 1 against the Saints and the Jets. Rams may lost a couple more. We need to beat the Cards to get #3 seed

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
We should win at least 3 out of these next 4 games though I want them all. This gives us 4 games to get in a groove offensively. Hopefully we can be clicking on all cylinders by then but with the lack of a running game right now i'm kind of doubtful about that. Still if we can get to the playoffs and get at least a win i'm happy with the season we would have had especially if we continue to bring in more young hungry dogs on BOTH sides of the ball.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
How about our passing game get defenders out the box and force LBs to hesitate and open up the running game. It can go both ways. It’s modern NFL, plenty of teams have BEEN using the short-intermediate passing game to open up the run.

Have your passing game fail because the opposing team brackets your TE :russ:

Brehs in here acting like it’s not completely insane for an “elite” or “great” QB to struggle to get the ball to Amari, CeeDee, Michael, Zeke, and Tony because Dalton fukking Schultz is covered

Imagine Herbert or Burrow or Kyler or Allen or Lamar turning into Gus Frerotte because they’re zoning his TE

So Dak needs single (more like streaking open) man coverage across the board with a clean pocket AND an effective running game to score more than 1TD every 12 possession average

Jerry gave Dak $160mil just so he can feel like Derrick Rose sitting for his SATs when he drops back and sees his TE read taken away?

Lamar already had like 5 running backs end up on IR and his team traded away his best offensive lineman this off-season. Imagine we had Corey Clement as the starter the entire year and Zack Martin played for the Packers.

But the brehs holding the $40mil QB accountable are the irrational ones…

I can’t with you dudes :hhh:

fukk Kellen Moore :pacspit:

Oh my gawd :mjlol::bryan:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I will say it aint a good luck for Dak and Toddler that teams took away Schultz and they been clueless pretty much every since :russ:

Beli lost the battle but he damn sure won the war:beli: