Hard Knocks Life Vol. 3-Will the Defense be up to Par(sons)- ‘21 Cowboys Season Thread

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
If you just look at film objectively over the last few weeks one thing you notice is that teams have REALLY made an effort to stop Schulz from being open. First half of the year he got nothing but one on one coverage or a zone where he could find a place to settle down in and square up for a pass. Now they on his ass. Defensive even carry him up the field now like he some great downfield threat where they put a linebacker or nickel corner under him and a safety right over the top of him. Started in the patriots game and teams been doing it since. This is an example of some shyt Kellen got to figure out cause those Schulz seam routes and 10 hard hooks are gone and not coming back. And that was something Dak would always go to if nothing was open down field. Now that linebackers are dropping back into that space more Dak doesn't know what to do with the ball and we haven't really adjusted anybody else route to give him something in that area. Toddler got to figure that shyt out.

Yea Schultz has straight up disappeared from the offense. They haven't adjusted

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
If you just look at film objectively over the last few weeks one thing you notice is that teams have REALLY made an effort to stop Schulz from being open. First half of the year he got nothing but one on one coverage or a zone where he could find a place to settle down in and square up for a pass. Now they on his ass. Defensive even carry him up the field now like he some great downfield threat where they put a linebacker or nickel corner under him and a safety right over the top of him. Started in the patriots game and teams been doing it since. This is an example of some shyt Kellen got to figure out cause those Schulz seam routes and 10 hard hooks are gone and not coming back. And that was something Dak would always go to if nothing was open down field. Now that linebackers are dropping back into that space more Dak doesn't know what to do with the ball and we haven't really adjusted anybody else route to give him something in that area. Toddler got to figure that shyt out.

We need that running game back asap.

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Schultz ain't that good. Dak and the offense made him. Defenses have adjusted and our O hasn't. Schultz is serviceable but not elite, but they need to do more to get him open.

Neither is Cameron Brate but he doesn't seem to have a problem with Brady. Dak can't make himself better, let alone another player

MalaKai

Luv is Luv
Daps
Reppin
#WeDemBoyz
I havent looked at their schedule. I'll take yall word for it

We actually need the Rams to beat the Cards to have a chance at the 1/2 seed.

-GB should lose at least 1 more game.
-if NO can catch TB slippin.
-We beat the brakes off Kyler with our pass rush....there could be a 4 way tie for the #1 seed. The 1st tie breaker is conference record which we have the best of with only 1 loss

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Offense is at its best when it can run the football.

Teams don’t respect the run anymore and Dallas does a poor job disguising it anyway so defending the pass is easier at times.

teams also don’t blitz as much as they did earlier in the year which means not as much man coverage.

Collins stepped up and had Daks back , but he and the other four starters need to have his back in the pass protection and run blocking.

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We actually need the Rams to beat the Cards to have a chance at the 1/2 seed.

-GB should lose at least 1 more game.
-if NO can catch TB slippin.
-We beat the brakes off Kyler with our pass rush....there could be a 4 way tie for the #1 seed. The 1st tie breaker is conference record which we have the best of with only 1 loss

Packers and Bucs aren't losing another game. Ravens secondary is done so Packers got them. NFC North is worse than our division. Best we can hope for is 3. I would stay in 4th, with the hopes of going to Tampa instead of Lambeau in Jan if we win our WildCard game

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Bucs could lose to the Saints next week. I don't see them losing any other game on their sked. But I wouldn't have had them losing to WFT either, so who knows