Happy 40th Born Day To The Goat NaSir bin Olu Dara Jones:Weekend long celebration

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I remember growing up in the 90s watching all the music videos from the Hip Hop legends, just amazed what Hip Hop is. Then I remember in 2002 when I was 12, and this song came on

As a kid, I was like :gladbron:
Such an awesome video. Especially that 3rd verse. The science he was dropping. To show black people came from greatness, our history didn't start from slavery. We were kings, Pharaohs, Sultans, Chiefs. Since we are great, we should act like we're great
Video was also great cause at the time, I was around the same age as the kids in the video, so it was like it was directed at me. And inspiration to succeed. Before then I didn't know Hip Hop can influence the minds like that, beyond a simple head nod from a nice beat. That's when I truly fell in love with Hip Hop. Nas taught me a black man without his HISTORY is going nowhere

That's my GOAT :to:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I remember growing up in the 90s watching all the music videos from the Hip Hop legends, just amazed what Hip Hop is. Then I remember in 2002 when I was 12, and this song came on

As a kid, I was like :gladbron:
Such an awesome video. Especially that 3rd verse. The science he was dropping. To show black people came from greatness, our history didn't start from slavery. We were kings, Pharaohs, Sultans, Chiefs. Since we are great, we should act like we're great
Video was also great cause at the time, I was around the same age as the kids in the video, so it was like it was directed at me. And inspiration to succeed. Before then I didn't know Hip Hop can influence the minds like that, beyond a simple head nod from a nice beat. That's when I truly fell in love with Hip Hop. Nas taught me a black man without his HISTORY is going nowhere

That's my GOAT :to:

That's dope to hear, I was too old for this song to be all inspirational (freshman year of college) but this shyt was everywhere. I used to tutor, this was the theme song to allt he 6th and 8th grade graduations I went to. Glad to see a real story on how this impacted the kids :to:

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
Nas always gives us a glimpse inside his personal life. Here's a few songs of the goat letting us peak into his life. I didn't even get to songs like bridging the gap,daughters,and surviving the times:whew:

aa_2001

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

First nikka to sing a hook on some TJ Swan shyt :ahh::win::wow:

RYrxlQz.png