Happy 40th Born Day To The Goat NaSir bin Olu Dara Jones:Weekend long celebration

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
Zoom, from outer space he comes
Blunt in his mouth with his hand on his gun
bytches flappin they gums, do he be clappin and shootin guys
Actor or a movie star, rapper revolutionized
What is his race nation or creed?
Is he arabic, black, latin, asian they read
Magazines say I walked on water, talked to the heavens
Spit at judges, stepped on peasants
But in reality, I just entered your galaxy
September '73

:ahh:

...I was 10 when I first saw It Ain't Hard To Tell on Video Music Box, and I knew instantly Nasir Jones was the GOAT:blessed:

Im dedicating this song to you:takedat:

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

One of the best Nas songs I've ever heard, and it's a throwaway track :mindblown: That's how you know you're the GOAT, when songs that don't make the cut shyts on other nikkas' whole discographies :wow:

---

I'm in my mid 20s, so I wasn't cognizant when the gawd was in his prime killing features and dropping classic albums in the 90s. I wasn't even into rap back then (I live in the Caribbean so I was more of a reggae/dancehall fan) I probably got into rap at the end of high school '05 and a buddy of mine put me onto Stillmatic. I really dug the album a lot. What caught my attention was One Mic though. We all know how Nas went the fukk in on that song, and it's my fav on the album tbh. I was like "Hm...I like this guy, I think I'll check out more of his stuff.." So I downloaded his whole discography and started from Illmatic. And man when I heard Illmatic I was blown away, shyt was dope! NY State of Mind and The World is Yours were instant favs. I liked "Life's A bytch" a lot as well. Represent and One Time sorta grew on me with time though. The other tracks were awesome too.

It Was Written is hands down Nas's best work lyrically imo. Never understood the hate...Take it In Blood, Suspects, Shootouts, I Gave you Power were great songs and Nas was on some other shyt lyrically and flow wise...

The way how Nas puts his words together is probably what I like the most about him as a rapper. It's like word art, when you look at his choice of words in his songs, especially on Illmatic. Using words in a way you don't normally use them but still make sense. He is also really good when it comes to concepts, one of the best really. Rewind, I Gave You Power are just two examples of this. If I could Shang Tsung any rapper's pen game, it would be Nas's.

But yeah, started with Stillmatic and then went back and listened to his other albums. Sure there are ones that I didn't like...like Nastradamus...wasn't too fond of I Am either. As far as I'm concerned, Illmatic, It Was written and Life is Good are the holy trinity of Nas albums, and why I consider him the GOAT. Not even gonna get started on his unreleased shyt. That's over kill :russ: Only Mobb Deep and Pac can compare on that front. :russ:

Nas is the GOAT :blessed:

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas surpassed biggie as the Goat to me.They were always 1 and 1a but nas consistency can't be denied.No rappers in history compare to nas his bars are sick and he been snappin since the early 90's.I was bumping verbal intercourse the other day,let my nikkas live,it's mine and that outro on carter 4 nas hasn't fallen off at all in 20 years

I swear, Nas's rapping skill ages just as well as himself. :smugdon:

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
And to drop just one of many favorite tracks (soon as I played this on IWW, I knew I was going to be one of his devoted stans)

This should be a top 5 NaS song universally:blessed: Right now it's in a 3 way tie for my favorite song along with NaS is like and what goes around:ahh:

One of the best Nas songs I've ever heard, and it's a throwaway track :mindblown: That's how you know you're the GOAT, when songs that don't make the cut shyts on other nikkas' whole discographies :wow:

---

I'm in my mid 20s, so I wasn't cognizant when the gawd was in his prime killing features and dropping classic albums in the 90s. I wasn't even into rap back then (I live in the Caribbean so I was more of a reggae/dancehall fan) I probably got into rap at the end of high school '05 and a buddy of mine put me onto Stillmatic. I really dug the album a lot. What caught my attention was One Mic though. We all know how Nas went the fukk in on that song, and it's my fav on the album tbh. I was like "Hm...I like this guy, I think I'll check out more of his stuff.." So I downloaded his whole discography and started from Illmatic. And man when I heard Illmatic I was blown away, shyt was dope! NY State of Mind and The World is Yours were instant favs. I liked "Life's A bytch" a lot as well. Represent and One Time sorta grew on me with time though. The other tracks were awesome too.

It Was Written is hands down Nas's best work lyrically imo. Never understood the hate...Take it In Blood, Suspects, Shootouts, I Gave you Power were great songs and Nas was on some other shyt lyrically and flow wise...

The way how Nas puts his words together is probably what I like the most about him as a rapper. It's like word art, when you look at his choice of words in his songs, especially on Illmatic. Using words in a way you don't normally use them but still make sense. He is also really good when it comes to concepts, one of the best really. Rewind, I Gave You Power are just two examples of this. If I could Shang Tsung any rapper's pen game, it would be Nas's.

But yeah, started with Stillmatic and then went back and listened to his other albums. Sure there are ones that I didn't like...like Nastradamus...wasn't too fond of I Am either. As far as I'm concerned, Illmatic, It Was written and Life is Good are the holy trinity of Nas albums, and why I consider him the GOAT. Not even gonna get started on his unreleased shyt. That's over kill :russ: Only Mobb Deep and Pac can compare on that front. :russ:

Nas is the GOAT :blessed:

beautiful:banderas:

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind

:whoo:

I remember this track being the track that put me onto Nas (late I know :dahell:) seeing it on MTV

This beat still gives me the instant :whoo: :lawd: :wow: a year on

Never on schedule but always on time
full

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Another one of my favs, also some unreleased shyt. If you don't feel the beat at least, the you have no soul :demonic:

He lets the beat just ride out in the end :banderas:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA

:wow: I said it before that the Lost Tapes was the single most influential piece of music that helped me mature into the man I am today.

This shyt got me thru high school, rainy days and times where I was on the verge of destruction, I would put on this cd and it would all become irrelevant.:to:

A fukkin masterpiece :wow: