“Hannibal” Has Been Canceled

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Players fukk up.
idunnobreh_zpsp8pdlvdt.png

Even given the current info....if I could go back in time I'd still say it wouldn't get canceled. Because NBC was paying $185,000 per episode breh....I mean....I realize ratings count, due to advertisers....but $185,000 per episode?!

They were paying less for a season than most shows pay for one episode, due to Gaumont footing the bill. And it gave NBC a little shine due to it's critical acclaim.

So....I dunno breh. It being canceled defies all logic. If this does get picked up....or hell, even if it doesn't I have a feeling this will be a case like "Angel" where years down the road NBC says
bars1_zpssynnkyli.png
"perhaps we made a mistake".

Fred.
if "the killing" can be picked up by netflix for a 4th season after being universally hated after the finale of season 1, i have no doubt in my mind this can and will be picked up.

i'm not sure if this one hurts more or less than utopia. :mjcry:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think hannibal has created a bad stigma around it,and partially created by its fan base if Im being completely honest.

I think its a good show. But the first season was a 6/10 at best. And the 2nd season I thought was an 8/10,a great improvement on the first. The problem is the show isnt popular and whenever a show with good quality isnt popular the fan base of said show goes extra hard on the hyperbole trying to attract more people to watch. A natural human reaction to be honest. Thing is people hear this over the top praise,then watch the first half of season 1. And the first half of season 1 is fukking shyt to be honest. Its like a 3/10. Its boring and seemingly fairly safe network affair. Which is kind of a shame because most people arent willing to give it more than a few episodes so once they hear all that praise and the show isnt immediately amazing they just toss it in the fukking bushes. Which is a disservce to the show because its actually gotten progressively better as it goes,and season 2 finale was legit fukking incredible.

This is exactly how I explain the show to people, for this very reason. If people are expecting....or selling this....as GOAT level shyt right out the gate....then yeah, they kinda fukked the show.

Having said that, I would put the season 2 finale up against virtually anything.

I don't think any of that hurt the show as much as....it's just not for everyone. It's gory as fukk and really bizarre. It's a hard sell. Which would be fine on HBO or even AMC but I have no idea why NBC picked up the show to begin with, knowing what it was.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
if "the killing" can be picked up by netflix for a 4th season after being universally hated after the finale of season 1, i have no doubt in my mind this can and will be picked up.

i'm not sure if this one hurts more or less than utopia. :mjcry:

This hurts way less because it isn't officially done. There's still hope. When "Utopia" was canceled, it was a wrap. There was zero chance after that.

Even if it's not picked up, Bryan Fuller had enough sense to make each season a complete story. He did it because another season wasn't guaranteed. Meanwhile that fukk boy Dennis Kelley was talking about "I got 'Utopia' ideas for 4 seasons!" and wrote as if he had 4 seasons. :snoop:

Fred.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I enjoyed some of the show. But when season 3 started I had no idea what the FUKK was happening. I could barely make it through the episode. I decided there I was done with Hannibal. I guess the networks did too.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
NBC is retarded...

Air the season premiere during the NBA finals and Stanley Cup and expect ratings brehs...

I sincerely hope Netflix picks this show up...

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Surprised it lasted this long considering it's rating and what they show on it :merchant:

:beli:@nikkas in here gettin all giddy about aquality show's cancellation while they watch Love and fukk nikkas/Real Ratchet Hoes of Bumblefukk weekly

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Surprised it lasted this long considering it's rating and what they show on it :merchant:

:beli:@nikkas in here gettin all giddy about aquality show's cancellation while they watch Love and fukk nikkas/Real Ratchet Hoes of Bumblefukk weekly
Don't hate on Love & fukk nikkas my dude:ufdup:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
NbC is probably the worst network to pick up your tv show if you are a producer/writer. :scust:

sht they cancelled the Black Donnellys after 1 season :heh: