Han Solo: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread] (2018)

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Why do they keep making prequels (or movies set leading right into) to A New Hope?

See I think a big issue with Star Wars as a franchise is that i the OG story is actually quite small, despite being set in a huge galaxy. At face value you'd think they could make a ton of cool and interesting ideas, given that they have all of outer space to work with, but the Star Wars story is too small for a cinematic universe. I think more competent filmmakers that are willing to take more risks could some interesting things and take some of these non-trilogy movies in different directions, but the current heads must be scared to do that or something.

Force Awakens is really the only one of these new Disney Star Wars flicks that felt fresh, and it was still a re-telling of A New Hope. It was done well, though. I thought Rogue One was average. I thought Last Jedi was way too long and had a lot of bizarre (not in a good way) moments. And this new Solo movie doesn't seem to be getting a lot of love.

I'm sure episode 9 will do fine, but Star Wars needs something fresh to carry it past 2020. Something new and different. Inspired and not another Solo/Obi-Wan/etc type of movie. Go to a new place, with new people, away from the Skywalker/Empire stuff. Just my 2 cents.
Starwars worked because of the chemistry of the original cast. Without them it's trash. Every one of the new movies has failed to be as good the originals. Rogue One was piff though. They need to just leave it alone and find a new franchise. I think a franchise based on The Witcher would be fire.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
How was lando?

Was the intenret complaing to much about the pansexual thing?

Lando was fine. Shady as hell, but that's always been the case.

The pansexual thing was blown completely out of proportion. It won't make you think any less of him. I promise you.

Apparently they made Lando a "pansexual" :russ:

I tried to tell y'all with that runaway slave shyt they pulled with Finn. They won't get a dollar of my money.:hubie:

Yo man..... I swear cats take something and run wild with it:russ:

That pansexual shyt?

Niccas was in here panicking like they was gonna have Lando mad flamboyant feminine with a scene of him getting DP’d split roasted or some shyt.

Everyone who has yet to see this, just relax

Lando is not portrayed badly and the movie was actually decent. It’s a fun movie that I believe accomplishes what it’s trying to accomplish.

Either go see it for yourself or don’t, but stop getting triggered and then predictably played like a violin

Martha

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
They got to let this old shyt go. I want a movie that gets away from the Skywalkers and any of their affiliates.
Yeah it's time.

A Bobba Fett or bounty hunters movie would be dope but besides that I'd like something entirely away from the main storyline so far.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Well, SOLO isn't great and it does have that middle movie feel, but I like it second best after Rogue one, definitely second best ending, I don't see how certain characters can still be in the same movie if they are going to make a sequel, but I can wait for another certain character to come back

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
This was so generic. None of the jokes worked and a lot of the forced Han/Chewbacca/Lando lore references are pointless (did we really need Han saying that he'll come up with a nickname for Chewbacca because his name is too long?).

It also features three of the worst characters in Star Wars history between awfully designed four armed monkey Rio, social justice warrior droid L3 and teenage Aloy the marauder. :francis:

The best thing was Donald Glover's performance, particularly his chemistry with Ehrenreich. Dude seemed far more comfortable with his portrayal of Han playing off Glover than he did with anyone else. A full Lando/Solo team-up movie would have been way better than this.

I also didn't care much for the teaser cameo. It seems like such a cheap ploy to get you to watch some of these other shytty spin-offs they got planned.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was so generic. None of the jokes worked and a lot of the forced Han/Chewbacca/Lando lore references are pointless (did we really need Han saying that he'll come up with a nickname for Chewbacca because his name is too long?).

It also features three of the worst characters in Star Wars history between awfully designed four armed monkey Rio, social justice warrior droid L3 and teenage Aloy the marauder. :francis:

The best thing was Donald Glover's performance, particularly his chemistry with Ehrenreich. Dude seemed far more comfortable with his portrayal of Han playing off Glover than he did with anyone else. A full Lando/Solo team-up movie would have been way better than this.

I also didn't care much for the teaser cameo. It seems like such a cheap ploy to get you to watch some of these other shytty spin-offs they got planned.
I hated that the most. I literally rolled my eyes at that. They should've at least gotten a grown ass woman that looked like she been through some shyt