Han Solo: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread] (2018)

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
Variety dropped an article. Says the budget is over 250 million and it sounds like what we thought. They hired Lord and miller and were getting a Lord and miller film and kasdan threw his weight around and got them fired. So they got howard to make a safe point and shoot film.

Inside ‘Solo’: A ‘Star Wars’ Story’s Bumpy Ride to the Big Screen

Thought this was telling

The cast was largely unaware of the tensions. Glover jokes that he felt like the youngest child in a divorce when the switch came about, blindsided by the turn of events. Woody Harrelson, who plays criminal Tobias Beckett (a sort of mentor to Solo), says he was devastated.

“I love their style of working, but they wanted to do it different than the way the powers that be were used to ‘Star Wars’ being done,” Harrelson says.

Lord and Miller would not agree to an interview, but a source close to the production says that their ideas were constantly overruled.

“In their minds, Phil and Chris were hired to make a movie that was unexpected and would take a risk, not something that would just service the fans,” says the source. “They wanted it to be fresh, new, emotional, surprising and unique. These guys looked at Han as a maverick, so they wanted to make a movie about a maverick. But at every turn, when they went to take a risk, it was met with a no.”
It's been #fukkdisney since Ant-Man

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Just got home for the movie. Thought it was dope as hell. Just a fun ass movie. I did have one question tho...

The Darth Maul cameo was obviously FIRE, but has anyone else noticed that it doesn't fit the timeline of the Star Wars series? They show the Stormtroopers at the beginning of the movie, then keep showing the Emipre throughout the film. Darth Maul was LONG dead before any of that existed. At first I thought it might just be a different character that was the same species as Maul, but that theory went completely out the window once he broke out that double bladed lightsaber.
I haven't seen the flick yet but I'm assuming u don't pay much attention to Star Wars stuff outside of the main films?

Cause when _____ got chopped in half in Phantom Menace he didn't actually die. The Clone Wars and Rebels tv series (which are both canon) covered this

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Word of mouth can save it, but there are some smaller but possible money makers the next two weeks until Incredibles 2. If it don't even reach 100, I don't see it coming short of that but if so it's barely gonna pass 200 here. Star Wars was supposed to be bullet proof. Cost 250 to produce. :whew:

Think it’s safe to say Star Wars is doa in China

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
They probably had Han and Lando macking on maad females and female Twileks :wow:

Kakleen Kennedy came in like ":bryan: where's all the gay shyt :bryan:", fired the directors and pointed at everyone in the room like "All y'all characters gay now! :smugbiden:" and left the room.
:dead:

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
How much screentime does Lando get? Does he really steal the movie? - Dunno aboit steal the movie, but he is one of the better parts of it. Would say about 30 mins total screen time

Does Emilia Clarke betray Han? - Not directly in this movie, but she ends up working with Darth Maul at the end after the Heist is done and the flys off.

How does Lando take it when he loses the Falcon? Is he pissed? - Yeah he is, as he was winning card games with a device in his wrist, Han notices this from the 1st card game they had. In last card game for the Falcon Hand breaks thats device but Lando doesn't notice till it's too late

Is Lando really in love with his droid? - when it died he showed some emotion towards it. Holding it

How does Chewbacca end up owing Han a life debt?- Solo was thrown into a pit with Chewie in it, he was a prisoner his is first time we see chewie and he is beating him up and was meant to kill Solo, but Solo can speak Wookie and then calms him down and says how they can both escape.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Just got home for the movie. Thought it was dope as hell. Just a fun ass movie. I did have one question tho...

The Darth Maul cameo was obviously FIRE, but has anyone else noticed that it doesn't fit the timeline of the Star Wars series? They show the Stormtroopers at the beginning of the movie, then keep showing the Emipre throughout the film. Darth Maul was LONG dead before any of that existed. At first I thought it might just be a different character that was the same species as Maul, but that theory went completely out the window once he broke out that double bladed lightsaber.

Were Troopers in episdoe 1 as this is set around those times ?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I remembered three days ago to book my tickets for tonight and I got perfect center seats with ease. I knew then this shyt was going to underperform as a motherfukker.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps

Did you not watch Clone wars cartoon? Or Rebels?

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Why do they keep making prequels (or movies set leading right into) to A New Hope?

See I think a big issue with Star Wars as a franchise is that i the OG story is actually quite small, despite being set in a huge galaxy. At face value you'd think they could make a ton of cool and interesting ideas, given that they have all of outer space to work with, but the Star Wars story is too small for a cinematic universe. I think more competent filmmakers that are willing to take more risks could some interesting things and take some of these non-trilogy movies in different directions, but the current heads must be scared to do that or something.

Force Awakens is really the only one of these new Disney Star Wars flicks that felt fresh, and it was still a re-telling of A New Hope. It was done well, though. I thought Rogue One was average. I thought Last Jedi was way too long and had a lot of bizarre (not in a good way) moments. And this new Solo movie doesn't seem to be getting a lot of love.

I'm sure episode 9 will do fine, but Star Wars needs something fresh to carry it past 2020. Something new and different. Inspired and not another Solo/Obi-Wan/etc type of movie. Go to a new place, with new people, away from the Skywalker/Empire stuff. Just my 2 cents.