Han Solo: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread] (2018)

Supercoolmayo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Master Roshi's Island
I
It's okay, prob give it a 7/10 a good heist movie. Guess I expected more in terms of funny moments.

Didn't really devle into Hans upbringing, did find it how he got his surname though I never knew that.

Wouldn't say its a must watch, guess we been spoiled with BP, Deadpool 2 and IW.

Can't see it doing huge numbers at all

Emillia Fox looks much better with dark hair
:banderas:

How was lando?

Was the intenret complaing to much about the pansexual thing?

Daps
Just got home for the movie. Thought it was dope as hell. Just a fun ass movie. I did have one question tho...

The Darth Maul cameo was obviously FIRE, but has anyone else noticed that it doesn't fit the timeline of the Star Wars series? They show the Stormtroopers at the beginning of the movie, then keep showing the Emipre throughout the film. Darth Maul was LONG dead before any of that existed. At first I thought it might just be a different character that was the same species as Maul, but that theory went completely out the window once he broke out that double bladed lightsaber.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. It had a certain type of SW charm of the older originals. And there was a huge surprise towards the end that had everyone gasping. Really cool tie in to the main movies. I think the lead actor did a better job than the media would have led us to think he was capable of. He held his own. Donald Glover has mad charisma. I have mixed feelings about his robot girlfriend. She was funny sometimes, but sometimes she got on my nerves. And damn I didn't know Paul Bettany could play evil so well. At first I was like omg Vision but this was definitely not Vision. Really cool first meeting between Han and Chewy. I kinda loved it. My only complaint is that the fight sequences, particularly the train heist, ran a little too long. And really, did we need to know any of these things? At the end of the day, it's all very inconsequential to the SW universe. But other than that, it was a pleasant surprise and entertaining.

7.5 out of 10 for me.

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I thought it was meh.Plenty of action but that story was all over the place.The whole movie was predictable as hell too.

Chewy and Millenium falcon saved it for me.I was bored.Solo didn't have enough swag either.Basically was Starlord in Guardians.

Who casts fukking Woody Harrelson in a Star Wars movie? :hhh:

Villain was on some generic die hard villain shyt.

Special effects was on point.

Strong 6.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Updated predictions/tracking is showing solo opening up anywhere from 90-110 million. It's opening less than DP2 and most likely making less.

and WW the movie is outright bombing in some countries. Like 40-80% below rogue one

Nothing is set in stone though. Let's see how the legs are.
Word of mouth can save it, but there are some smaller but possible money makers the next two weeks until Incredibles 2. If it don't even reach 100, I don't see it coming short of that but if so it's barely gonna pass 200 here. Star Wars was supposed to be bullet proof. Cost 250 to produce. :whew:

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
That cameo hopefully hints at some good Jedi v Sith action coming up but it goes back to how the Star Wars universe is so fukking tiny in this movies -- same stuff over and over

I'm waiting for the bootleg

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
It was pretty good. First off, Kathleen Kennedy really hates Jedi & the Skywalkers.

He's not really Harrison Han, but something different. I can't really see him becoming Han. Woody was charming as always, bt Childish Gambino stole the show. He had Billy Dee down to a science - the voice, mannerisms, charisma. Newbacca is cool and he has chemistry with everyone. It's a heist flick that starts off very slow, but really picks up wit the Kessel Run plot.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
So with that cameo are they really planning on making more of these?(SOLO movies)

Last edited:

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Darth Maul :wow:
Tbh I'm just waiting for them to officially announce this Ben Kenobi movie so we could see them two duke it out for one final brawl