Han Solo: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread] (2018)

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Still on the fence about going to see this first day, which is a first for me when it comes to SW. The last movie turned me off so much and then there was that wack first trailer and all of the reports of the trouble behind the scenes. The second trailer was better, but I might wait to see what the word of mouth is on this one.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Still on the fence about going to see this first day, which is a first for me when it comes to SW. The last movie turned me off so much and then there was that wack first trailer and all of the reports of the trouble behind the scenes. The second trailer was better, but I might wait to see what the word of mouth is on this one.
What did you think of TFA and the Episodes 1-3?
I really didn't like TFA way too derivative to SW. It actually made the prequels look decent in hindsight. They at least tried to come up with original stories. I thought they got progressively better. With episode 1 being subpar, Ep 2 being OK and I actually liked Episode 3.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I didn’t see the last Star Wars that came out last year. Why did it suck?

Axolotl

Banned
Daps
Watch them give more screen time to that bytch emilia clarke than Lando.:mjlol:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
What did you think of TFA and the Episodes 1-3?
I really didn't like TFA way too derivative to SW. It actually made the prequels look decent in hindsight. They at least tried to come up with original stories. I thought they got progressively better. With episode 1 being subpar, Ep 2 being OK and I actually liked Episode 3.

Yeah, TFA didn't feel fresh to me. Like you said, way too derivative, and I just really think Kylo is a weak antagonist. He's so whiny and there's no real sense of depth to him. Not sure I would put it on the same level as the prequels though. :lolbron:That's cold, bruh. Ep 2 is the absolute WORST entry of any SW film. I liked 3 too though.

I didn’t see the last Star Wars that came out last year. Why did it suck?

Because Kylo Ren is not complicated or intriguing. He's a whiny douchebag who we're supposed to suddenly feel sympathy for because Luke had a moment of weakness that was completely out of character. Nevermind that he killed his father for no good reason. Nevermind that he tried killing Rey. Suddenly they have a connection that is supposed to make us see the grey in him. Then you have Rey who just magically has all of these amazing force abilities that came out of NOWHERE. They weren't there before, she has no lineage to explain them, they just showed up at this point in her life for god knows what reason and she really wants to hate Kylo for killing his dad and her friend, but now she's torn because he's hot and he wasn't treated right. Don't get me started on Finn and the way they trolled black audiences with his potential and then pair him up with an Asian girl to go off and have decidedly non- SW like adventures that felt more like it a distraction than a part of the main story. It was a mess.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah, TFA didn't feel fresh to me. Like you said, way too derivative, and I just really think Kylo is a weak antagonist. He's so whiny and there's no real sense of depth to him. Not sure I would put it on the same level as the prequels though. :lolbron:That's cold, bruh. Ep 2 is the absolute WORST entry of any SW film. I liked 3 too though.

Because Kylo Ren is not complicated or intriguing. He's a whiny douchebag who we're supposed to suddenly feel sympathy for because Luke had a moment of weakness that was completely out of character. Nevermind that he killed his father for no good reason. Nevermind that he tried killing Rey. Suddenly they have a connection that is supposed to make us see the grey in him. Then you have Rey who just magically has all of these amazing force abilities that came out of NOWHERE. They weren't there before, she has no lineage to explain them, they just showed up at this point in her life for god knows what reason and she really wants to hate Kylo for killing his dad and her friend, but now she's torn because he's hot and he wasn't treated right. Don't get me started on Finn and the way they trolled black audiences with his potential and then pair him up with an Asian girl to go off and have decidedly non- SW like adventures that felt more like it a distraction than a part of the main story. It was a mess.
Na Episode 2 had some good things.
- I didn't even know all the Storm Troopers were clones of Jango Fett until that movie. :ohhh:
- Ewan McGregor got a lot of screen time and he's the best thing about the prequels.
- Mace Windu whipping ass in the arena was dope action.
- And the last light saber fight where Dooku tells Obi Wan the technical truth to join him but the wording is twisted where he is hiding his true intentions. Along with Dooku wrecking shop and Yoda finally getting in the mix was fire!