Halo Infinite to most likely be the most expensive game ever made

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The legs on console games not named GTA aren't like that.

Highest selling console exclusive this gen is Spiderman and that's around 16 million.

500 million is absurd but I'm sure that includes marketing. They'll recoup but the ROI probably won't be as high as previous joints.

Don't know how recent that number is but I know Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8 (semi-console exclusive?), and Pokemon have all sold 16-18 million units. Animal Crossing hit 13 mil in just a couple months and was breaking Call of Duty records

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I think they want this game to last the next 2 gens. Good luck to them on that one. They're probably working on the next single player mode for that same game as we speak.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So you're concerned they spent too much to entertain you?

IF this is true, it sounds like an out of control budget. Bloated costs like that usually signal development problems. A lot of key people left 343i recently, and they had a leadership reshuffle last year too, so you have to wonder what's going on.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
500 million?

giphy.gif

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Halo is on life support after that abomination of a story that was H5. They showed first-hand how they don’t understand Halo and why people like it.
  • Chief was a sideline character...
  • Cortana became a bad guy...
shyt seems like someone that hates Halo wrote that fukking story.

343 lied to us about H5 being a darker tone with Chief struggling with his humanity after the death of Cortana. Microsoft lied to us in the marketing with the whole bounty hunter stalking Chief narrative.

I can’t trust shyt coming from Microsoft at this point. They really need to bring their A game with H6 and I hope it ain’t some Sega with Sonic shyt where they botch a ton of current releases so they try to recreate the one everyone liked.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Halo is on life support after that abomination of a story that was H5. They showed first-hand how they don’t understand Halo and why people like it.
  • Chief was a sideline character...
  • Cortana became a bad guy...
shyt seems like someone that hates Halo wrote that fukking story.

343 lied to us about H5 being a darker tone with Chief struggling with his humanity after the death of Cortana. Microsoft lied to us in the marketing with the whole bounty hunter stalking Chief narrative.

I can’t trust shyt coming from Microsoft at this point. They really need to bring their A game with H6 and I hope it ain’t some Sega with Sonic shyt where they botch a ton of current releases so they try to recreate the one everyone liked.
I think the real Cortana died in 4 and the corrupt one we see is one of her fragments(remember she split herself up at the end of 4).

i was cool with that playing as Locke. Halo 2 got heat for the Arbiter missions when it dropped but in retrospect people like Arby now. I hope Locke doesnt go away, just flesh out his character more. They coulda made him more interesting in 5 and split the missions half Chief/half Locke like Halo 2 did with Chief n Arby.

i was kinda pissed that Chief and Arby aint even have their “whats up” moment at the end of 5 when he met with Halsey. Had the arbiter standin behind her like some random npc instead of Chief’s boy.