Halloween Kills & Halloween Ends Official Thread Sometime In the Future

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Is Chris Rock starring in that flick? :dahell:

Yup. And Sam as his dad. And a couple other people have been announced. He went to lionsgate with an idea a year or two ago and they took to it. They got the writers from jigsaw to pen it and now they’re shooting.

Lionsgate putting it in the May slot is a big vote of confidence while also moving it away from Halloween

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
See and that’s probably why they said “nah”...she went about it the wrong way. Entirely. Be chill. Be respectful. Play the game. Don’t look like you’re trying to elbow people to get your way. That makes them quick to say “fukk outta here”
Plus carpenter had nothing to do with her movies correct? So its not like he “discovered” her or owes her shyt.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
He's playing one of the detectives, not sure if that will be the starring role. Has Chris Rock ever acted in a non-comedic role??:jbhmm:

Pookie in new jack city.

He was also in two days in New York as Julie Deply’s boyfriend. It’s a romantic comedy but he’s not the funny one in it. He’s the straight man trying to hold it together. He was also in bad company playing a spy but the less said about that, the better

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Plus carpenter had nothing to do with her movies correct? So its not like he “discovered” her or owes her shyt.

He didn’t. He was done with the franchise after Halloween 3. But it wouldn’t have been his call. That sounds like a blumhouse decision to make.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
He's playing one of the detectives, not sure if that will be the starring role. Has Chris Rock ever acted in a non-comedic role??:jbhmm:
Like Marty said he was Pookie but he was still mostly being himself. He's not a naturally good actor. Not that Saw is an Oscar caliber franchise lol it's just odd nonetheless

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Pookie in new jack city.

He was also in two days in New York as Julie Deply’s boyfriend. It’s a romantic comedy but he’s not the funny one in it. He’s the straight man trying to hold it together. He was also in bad company playing a spy but the less said about that, the better
I hope the movie does well, just off the strength. But I have to admit that even when he played Pookie, it was lowkey comedy - idk, maybe it was just me. Like he was just playing his crack addict alter ego. Bad Company was with Adam Sandler..? they're both trying to play serious characters in that, enough said. lol.
I'll reserve judgement until I see what the script is about, trailers and behind the scenes chatter.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I really enjoyed the Halloween remake/sequel so I'm in for this.... :myman:

The kills were violent asf too
giphy-downsized-large.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Like Marty said he was Pookie but he was still mostly being himself. He's not a naturally good actor. Not that Saw is an Oscar caliber franchise lol it's just odd nonetheless
Right.... exactly what I was thinking. He's basically either playing himself or acting out part of his personality.
We're up to Saw 9, I think it is - I don't have high expectations but I'm at least hoping for some credibility.