Halloween Kills & Halloween Ends Official Thread Sometime In the Future

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
why would he have to be related to go after her?

the sequels before the retcon just made shyt overly convoluted between being related, the thorne cult, etc.

Bingo. Now I will say the way they brought them together here. Of course it was a crazy man who did it but that’s the one thing in the script where I go “le boo” because it should’ve felt more organic than that. This Michael Myers superfan bringing the two of them together to prove a point or theory could be interesting but it kinda didn’t work for me in the moment.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:stopitslime:

the sequels before the retcon just made shyt overly convoluted between being related, the thorne cult, etc.

what does all that have to do with Halloween 2 being ignored ? That is the best sequel of all the movies . What was done in Halloween 2018 that required them to retcon everything from Halloween on ? I don’t care about the cult stuff but what reason is he literally following Laurie’s granddaughter and killing her friends ? I am fine with the idea they wanted to go with but the execution :francis: he doesn’t need a reason to go after Laurie outside of he didn’t get to kill her but that’s not the route they really went . They could of done that or Laurie following him etc it was just handled poorly. I enjoyed him killing the random people however that was intense and definitely return to being simply evil

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:stopitslime:

what does all that have to do with Halloween 2 being ignored ? That is the best sequel of all the movies . What was done in Halloween 2018 that required them to retcon everything from Halloween on ? I don’t care about the cult stuff but what reason is he literally following Laurie’s granddaughter and killing her friends ? I am fine with the idea they wanted to go with but the execution :francis:

They made a choice. That was their choice. David Gordon Green said he wanted to keep it. But then once the scene in haddonfield came up with Michael trick or treating, it didn’t make sense to have it. Had they kept it, Michael would’ve made a beeline straight for Laurie and there’s no reason for him to go back through that neighborhood. So once you jettison that, then you’ve got a reason for him to just kill whomever indiscriminately rather than looking for his “sister.” And for me, that entire sequence is the scariest in the movie

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You asked me lol. We had this exact same convo in the thread about the movie. You asked I told. :manny:

But cool: I liked the vibe, the music (obviously) the relentlessness nature of Michael, the direction and focus. It got back to basics which is what I wanted. No convoluted backstory or storyline. Michael gets out, he goes on a killing spree and then he “dies”

Just a vibe that spoke to me and is what I’ve wanted in a Halloween movie for years. And it had a nice thematic element of trauma and what it does to you or generations and how Michael, as a manifestation of trauma, doesn’t care who you are or what you are. Laurie cared more about her than him.
I don’t remember your answer tbh I just remember you liking the music . I like all those same things I just dislike how they integrated the force of nature Michael Myers with the Laurie strode story . It was like they had two movies to me and just knew that they wanted to get to the trap house ending with all the strode women but didn’t know to do that organically.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don’t remember your answer tbh I just remember you liking the music . I like all those same things I just dislike how they integrated the force of nature Michael Myers with the Laurie strode story . It was like they had two movies to me and just knew that they wanted to get to the trap house ending with all the strode women but didn’t know to do that organically.

Yeah I wish there was a smoother way to get Michael from point A to point B than new loomis. That’s my one issue with the movie. Thematically I completely get it. But it needed something stronger to get it done. Like I said, the idea of a crazed super fan putting the two of them together is a nice meta commentary that I can get with and appreciate. But I’m sure there was a better way to do it. Of course, I can’t think of that way

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They made a choice. That was their choice. David Gordon Green said he wanted to keep it. But then once the scene in haddonfield came up with Michael trick or treating, it didn’t make sense to have it. Had they kept it, Michael would’ve made a beeline straight for Laurie and there’s no reason for him to go back through that neighborhood. So once you jettison that, then you’ve got a reason for him to just kill whomever indiscriminately rather than looking for his “sister.” And for me, that entire sequence is the scariest in the movie
That is the best sequence! They just couldn’t come up with compelling reason to get to the ending to me . And most of the premovie talk by green and them was mostly talking down on the sequels and to me Halloween 2 is one of the greatest sequels ever so even though I grade horror on a pretty easy curve as it’s my favorite genre you better bring it if your gonna say nah I don’t need Halloween 2 we got something better you better fukking bring it . One sequence doesn’t do it

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I wish there was a smoother way to get Michael from point A to point B than new loomis. That’s my one issue with the movie. Thematically I completely get it. But it needed something stronger to get it done. Like I said, the idea of a crazed super fan putting the two of them together is a nice meta commentary that I can get with and appreciate. But I’m sure there was a better way to do it. Of course, I can’t think of that way
Ok fair Enough lol . I rewatched it a few weeks ago and I really wish they had figured out a way Cause that sequence was awesome .

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That is the best sequence! They just couldn’t come up with compelling reason to get to the ending to me . And most of the premovie talk by green and them was mostly talking down on the sequels and to me Halloween 2 is one of the greatest sequels ever so even though I grade horror on a pretty easy curve as it’s my favorite genre you better bring it if your gonna say nah I don’t need Halloween 2 we got something better you better fukking bring it . One sequence doesn’t do it

I think it’s better than Halloween 2 but again, I’m just not a huge fan of it lol. But I respect any opinion saying it’s dope. Just doesn’t work for me

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation