Halloween Kills & Halloween Ends Official Thread Sometime In the Future

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Just got out. Really enjoyed the overall brutality of the kills in this one. Many moments in the film where I'm at awe of the kill lengths. Felt like throwback horror in the best way. Carpenter did his thing on the score.

Can definitely see many mixed reactions coming with this though. The story felt like it didn’t go anywhere for the most part, and its message was delivered to the point where it felt kinda forced. Other than that, I enjoyed it. It literally lives up to the title and I can see myself appreciating this a whole lot more once Halloween Ends drops and I watch all three films without stoppage. This was a Coldstone Like It, but not a Love It for me.

I rolled my eyes a bit at the start of the flashback sequence but I was surprised with how well they nailed the 70s aesthetics.

I like how this film reminds the audience that Michael Myers is the physical embodiment of evil. They let folks know why he’s called The Shape here. I grinned from ear to ear during Laurie’s Loomis-like, closing monologue because it pretty much sums up Michael to a tee.

I know characters in horror generally act dumb, but they take it to another level in this. I was screaming in my head at some of the decisions they made.

Karen deserved her death….100%. Stand in front of Michael’s spawn point and breathe a sigh of relief, brehs. :mindblown:

“Evil dies tonight.” :mjpls:

Last edited:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Well, that was pointless. The whole plot of the town coming together just didn't go anywhere. It was super unsatisfying from a storytelling perspective. You wonder why there was that much build-up if that's the way they were gonna play it. After the movie was over, I went to the restroom and everyone was saying how corny that was, and I have to agree. The way they played this was ridiculous. It was almost like one of those B movies. If that's what they were going for, they should have just went all out and did that, but it promised one thing and delivered another. The kills were brutal though, so if that's all someone is looking for, they'll be happy with this.

4/10 for me.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Just got out. Really enjoyed the overall brutality of the kills in this one. Many moments in the film where I'm at awe of the kill lengths. Felt like throwback horror in the best way. Carpenter did his thing on the score.

Can definitely see many mixed reactions coming with this though. The story felt like it didn’t go anywhere for the most part, and its message was delivered to the point where it felt kinda forced. Other than that, I enjoyed it. It literally lives up to the title and I can see myself appreciating this a whole lot more once Halloween Ends drops and I watch all three films without stoppage. This was a Coldstone Like It, but not a Love It for me.

I rolled my eyes a bit at the start of the flashback sequence but I was surprised with how well they nailed the 70s aesthetics.

I like how this film reminds the audience that Michael Myers is the physical embodiment of evil. They let folks know why he’s called The Shape here. I grinned from ear to ear during Laurie’s Loomis-like, closing monologue because it pretty much sums up Michael to a tee.

I know characters in horror generally act dumb, but they take it to another level in this. I was screaming in my head at some of the decisions they made.

Karen deserved her death….100%. Stand in front of Michael’s spawn point and breathe a sigh of relief, brehs. :mindblown:

“Evil dies tonight.” :mjpls:

:banderas:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Well, that was pointless. The whole plot of the town coming together just didn't go anywhere. It was super unsatisfying from a storytelling perspective. You wonder why there was that much build-up if that's the way they were gonna play it. After the movie was over, I went to the restroom and everyone was saying how corny that was, and I have to agree. The way they played this was ridiculous. It was almost like one of those B movies. If that's what they were going for, they should have just went all out and did that, but it promised one thing and delivered another. The kills were brutal though, so if that's all someone is looking for, they'll be happy with this.

4/10 for me.
Is it just me or did Judy’s character seriously regress from the previous film? I rewatched ‘18 earlier today and she mentioned how Laurie tried projecting all of the paranoia onto her. You can’t just shake that off and we later find out that Karen’s a fukking badass in the climax. Her “Gotcha.” moment was one of the best scenes in the film. It’s mindboggling how gullible she is in this iteration.