Halloween Kills & Halloween Ends Official Thread Sometime In the Future

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
it's been a minute since i seen 2018...but mike being transfered was a well known thing right? like it was a planned date?

I could see laurie being the one to plan cause she was so trauamatized and shyt and crazy.

The podcasters knew that Mike was being transferred. They were telling her when it was happening before she completed the sentence by saying the exact date and time.

I think what happened is that Laurie is a badass heroin, scream queen, final girl who fought Mike in 4 prior movies. Gordon Green couldn't ignore that. She has to be a badass here and this was how he chose to portray her, by having her prepare for a fateful night. The expectation is that she is gonna fight Mike in an ultimate faceoff, despite only having one in this continuity before Halloween 18.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Damn, brehs. Are these movies really that bad? Was thinking of running all three over the next couple of weeks.

"2018" IS GOOD.

"KILLS" IS BAD
BUT ITS FULL OF GOOD fukkERY
AND FUNNY KILLS.

DONT WATCH ENDS.
ITLL MAKE THE 1ST 2 MOVIES
SEEM LIKE A WASTE OF TIME.
:devil:
:evil:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
you can kinda compare this trilogy to the ST

2018= TFA
Kills = TLJ
Ends = ROS

both really directionless in what story they wanted to tell, beyond their first films...kills was pretty divisive when it dropped, ends might be universally shytted on like ROS

did KK exec produce this lowkey too?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can tolerate the first 2

You got some that can do the same and some that’ll say skip the trilogy as a whole.. nonetheless, I think we all can agree to skip the newer one

They are not that bad. 2018 was pretty good. Kills was a let down but if you go in expecting a dumb fun slasher it’s decent. Ends:hubie:

"2018" IS GOOD.

"KILLS" IS BAD
BUT ITS FULL OF GOOD fukkERY
AND FUNNY KILLS.

DONT WATCH ENDS.
ITLL MAKE THE 1ST 2 MOVIES
SEEM LIKE A WASTE OF TIME.
:devil:
:evil:

Respect, brehs. I'll watch the first two, and see how I feel about watching the third. I'm not opposed to watching a bad movie when I know it's bad going in.

you can kinda compare this trilogy to the ST

2018= TFA
Kills = TLJ
Ends = ROS

both really directionless in what story they wanted to tell, beyond their first films...kills was pretty divisive when it dropped, ends might be universally shytted on like ROS

did KK exec produce this lowkey too?

.......but this comparison definitely lends weight to just leaving the third movie alone. Rise of Skywalker was some of the most frustrating shyt I've ever seen.

Avisible Man

Daps
Respect, brehs. I'll watch the first two, and see how I feel about watching the third. I'm not opposed to watching a bad movie when I know it's bad going in.

I like looking at the star ratings. Like @CHICAGO said, 2018 is good. It's actually the third in the franchise to get at least ⭐⭐1/2 (1981 Halloween ll).

Screenshot-20221015-041856.png

Halloween Kills gets ⭐⭐ which I felt was too high. I'd give it ⭐1/2 cuz I thought it was a full step down from 2018 but I get it.

Screenshot-20221015-041923.png

Ends is getting ⭐1/2 or ⭐. It's already at a 5.0/10 on IMDb and dropping. It'll be in the 4's with Rob Zombie's Halloween ll.soon enough. :wow:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Even 2018 has its silly moments but it’s still a nice return to form as a direct sequel to the OG. Better pacing, great kills, best Myers since Nick Castle, and Carpenter’s score just enhances the hell out of it.

Naw it felt like a PG Halloween movie like that new TRASH Candy Man flick that just came out :scust:

Way too much comedy and all of Miguels kills but about 4 were OFF SCREEN.

The movie had ZERO horror and barely any suspense.

If it didn't have the Halloween brand along with bringing back Jamie Lee Curtis after an extended period of time it would have been trashed.

Avisible Man

Daps
Halloween royalty and top 10 Scream Queen, Danielle Harris, has spoken:

On the pair's podcast, Talk Scary To Me, the actors share their grievances with the slasher, emphasizing the focus on Corey as a weakness. Tayor-Compton cites how the idea of focusing on someone who becomes a serial killer has potential, but adding in Michael Myers felt like an afterthought, and the tone didn't fit that of a Halloween movie. Harris echoes this statement, saying Corey's kills were compelling enough but didn't fit within the world of Halloween. Read their full quotes below:

Taylor-Compton: It was a really cool story if it was about a new serial killer and what it was like for someone to become a serial killer ... but then they just kind of threw Michael Myers in there, is what it seemed like to me
Harris: Where are the kills? Where's Michael? What the hell is going on?
Taylor-Compton: Michael was so weak. [Him not showing up until 40 minutes in was] so long for a Halloween Michael Myers movie, and the end, for him not to show up and not be strong as f—.I was mortified when he went into that tunnel and [Corey] almost beat his ass. I was mortified. I almost couldn't look, I was so traumatized about what was happening. [An old and weak Michael is] not the Michael Myers that we deserve. That is not it. That's not the last Michael Myers [movie]. I felt so bad for James [Jude Courtney]. Like, this is the end of your Michael Myers?
Harris: I much preferred [Corey's] kills to Michael Myers' kills. He's the only thing that kept me interested ... but it shouldn't have been a Halloween movie.
Taylor-Compton: I know how hard it is to make movies. I also don't want to offend anybody that made the movie. It's just our opinion. Now I get when people have opinions about my movies and your movies — I get it.

Danielle Harris, the legend, tat not withstanding.

1E0296F1-B1A2-4D0D-B912-B59E0C7F00F6.jpeg

Danielle-Harris_v01.jpg

Scout played Laurie in Rob Zombie's Halloween remakes. :lupe:

879df94f26ca5deb270953d8796aabb4.jpg

d1914b5604e3a4086c90c8a0bc05382b.gif

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Naw it felt like a PG Halloween movie like that new TRASH Candy Man flick that just came out :scust:

Way too much comedy and all of Miguels kills but about 4 were OFF SCREEN.

The movie had ZERO horror and barely any suspense.

If it didn't have the Halloween brand along with bringing back Jamie Lee Curtis after an extended period of time it would have been trashed.
I don’t know how you came out of the 2018 requel thinking it was PG, but aight. :heh:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I don’t know how you came out of the 2018 requel thinking it was PG, but aight. :heh:

I just told you how.

The movie was meant to be a horror movie yet had zero horror and instead more comedy. 95% Michaels kills are off screen.