Haley Williams Of Paramore Thinks Miley Cyrus is Stealing Black Culture

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It doesnt make sense to post in a thread only to say "I dont give care" in every post. Your an angry bitter person that comes from a lost in your immediate family. Its ok tho B.

:yeshrug: u have the right to your opinion.
i dont really care about it tho
didnt ask u to quote me

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
How is she acting black? So us blacks are retarded looking idiots that like to twerk 247?

:comeon:

Are we really going to dumb down the conversation to this level and play stupid?

Miley Cyrus is CLEARLY making a very painfully obvious attempt at appropriating portions of african american youth culture...no the entirety of black culture doesn't revolve around "twerking 24/7" (not anymore than the entirety of specific latin cultures revolve around salsa music or sensual latin dances), but the segment that is...the segment that anybody in tuned enough with contemporary black youth culture to even spend a minute of their time posting in THIS forum is well familiar with...Miley is pretty shamelessly attempting to wear as a costume of "otherness" in a transparent effort to shed her Disney Channel image...it appears for anybody with an iota of sense, to be an concerted effort on the part of her (and her handlers) and the label in charge of her music

To her credit...or whatever credit you can assign to such things...she has flat out said as much

http://www.vibe.com/article/miley-cyrus-asked-black-sound-single-says-songwriters-rock-city

Timothy said. "She was like, 'I want urban, I just want something that just feels Black.'”

Last edited:

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
lmao. innocent until proven guilty i supposed but this chick hannah said she was trying to be black. therefore, this is her idea of what it's all about. doesn't matter if it's misrepresented or totally inaccurate, she said she wanted to do black music and THIS is what she did.

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
miley-cyrus-23-2.jpg

Not acting black :troll:What's black culture? :troll: . In another thread nikkas was talking about how twerking came from Africa, now they're distancing themselves from the shyt as if it has no black roots. Consistency is all I ask for. Then there was the thread about ABC's crack journalism and black twitters response. Now twerking isn't black culture at all :what:. The shyt doesn't work both ways. If it ain't black, black people should feel no type of way about white people butchering it.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
:yeshrug: u have the right to your opinion.
i dont really care about it tho
didnt ask u to quote me
:yeshrug:u have the right to your opinion
I don't really care about you caring about it tho. but deep down you do care because she meant alot to you
didn't ask u to quote me either

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
:comeon:

Are we really going to dumb down the conversation to this level and play stupid?

Miley Cyrus is CLEARLY making a very painfully obvious attempt at appropriating portions of african american youth culture...no the entirety of black culture doesn't revolve around "twerking 24/7" (not anymore than the entirety of specific latin cultures revolve around salsa music or sensual latin dances), but the segment that is...the segment that anybody in tuned enough with contemporary black youth culture to even spend a minute of their time posting in THIS form is well familiar with...Miley is pretty shamelessly attempting to wear as a costume of "otherness" in a transparent effort to shed her Disney Channel image...it appears for anybody with an iota of sense, to be an concerted effort on the part of her (and her handlers) and the label in charge of her music

To her credit...or whatever credit you can assign to such things...she has flat out said as much

http://www.vibe.com/article/miley-cyrus-asked-black-sound-single-says-songwriters-rock-city

:salute:

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
:usure:
So BET ain't a black channel cuz cacs own it :what:
A better question is, does BET represent what's in the best interest of Black people. It's no coincidence that they removed all the news shows and replaced them with less informative programming. If you don't own and control how you will be presented, then what difference does it make if you call it BET.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Nas stupid ass would probably say something like "I don't understand the hate.....let that girl do her......i would smack any nicca in the mouth that got a problem with Molly Miley"

niccas can't ever be straight up

:smh:

Didn't he defend Gwyneth P for sayin the n word or somethin? Lol Nas lost.