Haitian Appreciation Thread

SKY DADDY

Religion INC.
Daps
Reppin
I am
:scusthov:

That's the only thing I can't co-sign. Nasty ass smell that chewy shyt, it makes me nauseous, some of the fam have the same reactions as well.

One thing I've been trying to find since I left Haiti is that fruit Canep (sp?)

726px-Melicoccus_bijugatus.jpg

:noah:

My cousins and in Haiti use to farm them shyts. I haven't had it in like 18 years :to:

not 2 switch gears,i know ima butcher this shyt so walk wit me a 2nd, u ever had this green liquor from ayiti called "suni", i might've spelled it wrong, but it derives from a plant, a few shotz of that be havin nikkaz str8 faded :gladbron:, yeah and likin lambi is def an aquired taste

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love

That's the only thing I can't co-sign. Nasty ass smell that chewy shyt, it makes me nauseous, some of the fam have the same reactions as well.

My cousins and I in Haiti use to farm them shyts. I haven't had it in like 18 years :to:
It's called kenep or queneppe in french

It's all over Miami. Back in Haiti we used to stuff them in liquor bottles with rum in it. Let them shyts sit for 30 days and then :ahh:

Commander in Chiefin

Passing blunts and bills $$$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Green Party

My cousins and I in Haiti use to farm them shyts. I haven't had it in like 18 years :to:

:ohlawd: Do I love those thangs. I didn't get any this summer though. Used to cop them out the sugar cane van on Northern Blvd in Jackson heights. Or my mom would cop em in a random Brooklyn supermarket.

There are several different spellings/names. My fam always called them guinep/ginnep or Kenep

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
not 2 switch gears,i know ima butcher this shyt so walk wit me a 2nd, u ever had this green liquor from ayiti called "suni", i might've spelled it wrong, but it derives from a plant, a few shotz of that be havin nikkaz str8 faded :gladbron:

Damn, I don't think I've ever had something like that.

What yall know about chewing on sugar canes?

climbing coconut trees?

going to mardi gras?

:youngsabo:

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
This thread was very much needed. Proud to be a Haitian.

:mindblown: @ Reggie Fils-Aime being Haitian. That shyt just fukking inspired me.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
This thread was very much needed. Proud to be a Haitian.

:mindblown: @ Reggie Fils-Aime being Haitian. That shyt just fukking inspired me.

So are

• Edwidge Danticat - Great writer
  • Jean-Baptiste Point du Sables - Credited as the founder of the city of Chicago, Illinois

Know your peeps

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL

Yup my dad loves it...Its :manny: to me tho... There was a farmers market in our area that sold it... I forget where.

There is another farmers market in Smyrna that sold some of the most :ohlawd: mangos. They were sold for 9 in a box... but you only cop during the early summer cause towards the end of the summer the mangos werent sweet at all and would get brown quick.

2973c37d-09b7-42b4-88ff-f86f118e2068.jpg
Haitian Bread
Got two loafs of that bread at the crib right now. Put some peanut butter on that bytch...got damn.

*edit*

:noah: Ya'll bringing up lambi too.........:yes:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
T'oussaint L'Ouverture after he defeated the French hosted a bewildered and exhausted Simon Bolivar......Simon got his shiit together, went back to South America and began to kick out the Spanish from there....

Like I like to say.....................where is the epic movie that is nominated for the Golden Globe and Academy Awards for that amazing point in this Hemisphere's history.....up there with G. Washington being asked to be king of the United States and saying no .... had folks like :wtf:......

The point is Haiti changed the future of a lot of people beyond it's section of Hispaniola....

BTW:.....Simon Bolivar, still ain't free no slaves.... :beli:

McPiff

#goat
Daps
i'm not haitian, i'm from guadeloupe but i got haitians in my family, so i appreciate this thread.

*bumps T-Vice*

Thebadguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
T'oussaint L'Ouverture after he defeated the French hosted a bewildered and exhausted Simon Bolivar......Simon got his shiit together, went back to South America and began to kick out the Spanish from there....

Like I like to say.....................where is the epic movie that is nominated for the Golden Globe and Academy Awards for that amazing point in this Hemisphere's history.....up there with G. Washington being asked to be king of the United States and saying no .... had folks like :wtf:......

The point is Haiti changed the future of a lot of people beyond it's section of Hispaniola....

BTW:.....Simon Bolivar, still ain't free no slaves.... :beli:

Danny Glover tried to make a movie about him but nobody would finance it. They said not enough white heroes.
Danny Glover's Haiti film lacked 'white heroes', producers said - DominicanToday.com

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Danny Glover tried to make a movie about him but nobody would finance it. They said not enough white heroes.
Danny Glover's Haiti film lacked 'white heroes', producers said - DominicanToday.com

yeah..... :ohlawd: I know.......but no problem financing another black love story comedy showing how :pachaha: we can be......but when it comes to history........well yeah....:laugh:...............you said it, not enough white heroes......

The irony is that Black Hollywood could finance plenty of stuff on their own if money was put up for certain projects......